• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2010
    Give it another few years and there will be online marriages.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    I met my wife this way. We've been together for eight years and have a 2 1/2 year old son. It may not work for everyone, but it certainly did for us.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    moviescore wrote
    I met my wife this way. We've been together for eight years and have a 2 1/2 year old son. It may not work for everyone, but it certainly did for us.

mc

beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm happy it worked out for you MC. I just have my reservations.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Which are? (Personally, I'm indifferent and never tried it.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I had tried it, had had a couple of dates but eventually it just didn't work for me. However, I personally know two couples that found each other through the internet and now they are happily married.
  1. keky wrote
    I had tried it, had had a couple of dates but eventually it just didn't work for me. However, I personally know two couples that found each other through the internet and now they are happily married.

indeed, this will work for some, and for some it will not. I think giving it a try is the best way to immediately realize which choice you'll end up making.

As for me, I sooooo enjoy the single life, but I wish to have someone besides me nonetheless shame , my own twat I'll call it biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2010 edited
    It has its goods, and it has some dangers if you're not too careful. And it can work, but it might also end up bein g a disaster. Like with "regular", offline dating too smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    As for me, I sooooo enjoy the single life, but I wish to have someone besides me nonetheless shame , my own twat I'll call it biggrin

I will pay you good money to put that on your dating profile. Srsly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I dated for some months with a girl I met in an internet website and it was a really interesting relationship (I keep very good memories of her). Sadly it didn´t end up as I had wished (for many personal reasons that had nothing to do with the relationship itself) but overall I can say it worked for me. Plus a friend of mine is now married (and with a 6 months baby boy) with a girl he met in a website of this kind. So, as in real life, it might or it might not work. There´s no big difference.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As long as you don't name your children after the website where you met your other half.

Or "Pandora"

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2010 edited
    Or mention twats.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh; indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Or mention twats.

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Me too but I'd want access to updates biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Steven wrote
    Which are? (Personally, I'm indifferent and never tried it.)

#1... A person I knew was taken for many $1000's of dollars.
    #2... Another person was misled into thinking the person was much older when it fact it turned out they were much younger and married.

Thomas
  2. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Me too but I'd want access to updates biggrin wink

who knows, it might be more successeful than you'd think, there are always people who dig that kind of thing wink

but alas, I'll pass smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Face to face is the best
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Of course. But I don't think the point of internet dating is to remain on the internet while you date! biggrin (Although for some, this might be preferable.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Steven wrote
    Of course. But I don't think the point of internet dating is to remain on the internet while you date! biggrin (Although for some, this might be preferable.)

You laugh but I could very easily see a marriage where the couple might never meet.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Steven wrote

You laugh but I could very easily see a marriage where the couple might never meet.
    Thomas

Then how do they have sex?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    sdtom wrote
    #1... A person I knew was taken for many $1000's of dollars.
    #2... Another person was misled into thinking the person was much older when it fact it turned out they were much younger and married.

Thomas

Of course scams and lies occur in real life as well. Violence happens offline exclusively. Can't smack someone in the face over an internet connection. Some crimes are indeed easier over the internet, some are more difficult or impossible. In any case, skepticism is essential when one logs online. Internet dating sure has its drawbacks, but it has its advantages too.

Peter smile
  3. sdtom wrote
    Face to face is the best

of course, but I think this internet dating erases the awkward first step, now you can ask it, and if you're declined at least it doesn't feel the same way

it's less awkward, and much easier to take the first step
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote

By using very sexy smilies, perhaps.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote
    Steven wrote

Thomas

Yeah, it's called Islam.
  4. Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Steven wrote

Thomas

Yeah, it's called Islam.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    Thor wrote

By using very sexy smilies, perhaps.

Peter smile

biggrin

Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Steven wrote

Thomas

Yeah, it's called Islam.

biggrin biggrin
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010
    I personally consider it a last resort---I gave it a shot because a friend met her husband on one of the sitse. I didn't have luck ( but I did get my first date, and a few more), so I tried another site that supposedly people took more seriously, but I haven't had a whole lot of luckon that either. I am not paying any more for internet dating after this, hopefully I'll be able to find someone some other way....at least being single is inexpensive!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Word on your last sentence!

Internet dating needs caution though. You might end up with that, or a bad woman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Internet dating needs caution though.

Holy crap, I think that picture just gave me chlamydia. shocked