• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010
    Thanks for the links.
    Will there be a DVD or CD and, if so, will non-Tenerifians be able to acquire it? smile
  1. FIMUCITÉ Festival is in multiple negotiations to license most of the footage from the concerts.

They licensed to FOX the "24" Symphony Suite conducted by Sean Callery. You can find it into the bonus features of the 7th Season DVD/Blue Ray and it´s expected that "ALIEN: A BIOMECHANICAL SYMPHONY" will make it into the bonus features of "ALIEN ANTHOLOGY" Blu-Ray edition.
  2. Awesome, if it goes through that gives me another reason to get it on blu, despite I already own the quadrilogy on DVD.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Awesome, if it goes through that gives me another reason to get it on blu, despite I already own the quadrilogy on DVD.

The justification for buying a Blu-Ray player just keep piling up!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010
    Get a PS3!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010
    Steven wrote
    Get a PS3!

What this man said.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. There are some recent news... It seems that Mark Snow´s X-Files music performed at FIMUCITÉ could make it as a bonus feature into the upcoming La La Land´s "X-Files CD Box Set". Snow has been in contact with FIMUCITÉ regarding this matter...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010
    Excellent.

Though I must say, I found the orchestral X-Files theme a bit disappointing; strange he didn't just perform Threnody in X, which is far superior!
  5. There are some other gems not shown in the videos. "Post Modern Prometheus" was an amazing performance, along with "Surgery" from "X-Files: IWTB". It was a very impresive concert!
  6. Another trailer has been revealed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGk7ugYvtAY

John Williams-Steven Spielberg! A very promising idea...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010
    I wonder why they don't announce it after it actually happened!?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010
    Bregt wrote

Poor Bregt. Just give in to the temptation and go! beer
    Man, I so want to see all of these (two announced) concerts.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  7. Bregt wrote

Maybe because it won´t have any sense...
  8. Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Elin?

He, he...well, she's certainly dressed for Tenerife.

No, I was thinking about our very own Skating_Lientje, who is probably the biggest McReary/BG fan around.

Hi guys,

I'm completely late to this thread, so it was a nice surprise to see me being mentioned by Thor (Thanks Thor kiss ) when Bregt lured me here through a link to this topic posted in the Bear McCreary thread.

Am I completely overlooking something (I'm really tired today so it could be just me) but when I go onto the website of the Tenerife festival I can't seem to find anything about McCreary or BSG on there. There are other composers and programs that catch my eye, but I'm not sure I want to go down to Tenerife in bloody summer (all the tourists rolleyes ) to listen to the music.

So anyway, if somebody would direct me to where Bear supposedly is programmed on that festival, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm now going to go over this trhead and try to figure out if people on this board would be attending the festival (that might swing my vote to attend).

Bregt, can we get more Maintitles Kazoo's in that case, to have a picture there as well?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2010
    Well, the Fimucité festival website is still the one from last year. I wonder when they'll update and announce it. It's odd because the festival is in about one and a half month. Nothing has been announced before.

I'm not going to the festival Elin. I already booked the festival in Ubeda some time ago and it falls one week before that.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2010
    There's something very wrong with Spaniards and organization, tiding websites up, and English it seems.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. FIMUCITÉ Festival has always updated very late the website. I think this is a matter they should correct for next editions.

I have been following their advances by their facebook group and my suscription to their youtube / vimeo channel. I have also good contact with the organizers and they are really good guys. A small group of crazy people (you would be surprised to know that only 6 or 7 people run the whole festival) that always has given to me great experiences about film music.

Some days ago I was told the complete website will be up for next week with all composers, concerts, parallel activities, etc...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    Apparantly, Brian Tyler would also be attending this year's edition.
    Included is a 2009 article via Google translate, so it might be somewhat hanky to read.

http://translate.google.com/translate?j … &tl=en
  10. Brian Tyler is not attending...

Attendant composers can be seen here... http://www.fimucite.com/f4/es/index.php … ;Itemid=93

Tributed composers here... http://www.fimucite.com/f4/es/index.php … Itemid=120

And almost the entire concert programme here... http://www.fimucite.com/f4/es/index.php … Itemid=105
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    Carter Burwell!
    Bruno Coulais!!!
    Bear McCreary!!!

cry
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    Woot! Bregt, you sure you don't want to come? biggrin
  11. English website online...

http://www.fimucite.com/f4/en/
  12. Hi guys,

I'm really on the fence about this one. I just found out I have to/am allowed to go to Calabria (Italy) to present my research at a workshop there, and that workshop takes place form 29 June until 1 July. I was planning on spending a couple of days holiday there as well, but then that doesn't leave much time (or money) to get back to balgium and then to Tenerife by the 9th to see Bear McCreary in concert (for me the sole reason to do such a crazy flying back and forth).

Is there anybody on this board that know about the practicalities of going to Fimucite? What airport do you choose best to land? Where is it exactly, and does anybody have low budget solutions for staying for a couple of nights?

Grateful for any help,

Elin
  13. Hi Elin,

The best way you can do to be informed is going through Fimicité´s Publics Relations dpt.

Here you will find it

http://www.fimucite.com/f4/en/index.php … ;Itemid=96

Let me suggest you contact directly to Ana Molowny. She is very cool and always looks for smart solutions to let attendants get best rates in good hotels and best ways to flight to Tenerife...

This is going to be my third year in Tenerife and I´m really excited!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2010
    Hi Elin,

I've found flights as cheap as 146 euros from Brussels with Ryanair (6 or 8 July; return on 11th). No luggage is included, so add about 25 per flight, unless you take everything in hand luggage ofc. I'm no expert in cheap travel, but I think you could make it for 300 euros in total with a hostel and entrance tickets for the BSG event.
  14. Rian wrote
    Hi Elin,

I've found flights as cheap as 146 euros from Brussels with Ryanair (6 or 8 July; return on 11th). No luggage is included, so add about 25 per flight, unless you take everything in hand luggage ofc. I'm no expert in cheap travel, but I think you could make it for 300 euros in total with a hostel and entrance tickets for the BSG event.

Armin Tanzariam wrote
    Hi Elin,

The best way you can do to be informed is going through Fimicité´s Publics Relations dpt.

Here you will find it

http://www.fimucite.com/f4/en/index.php … ;Itemid=96

Let me suggest you contact directly to Ana Molowny. She is very cool and always looks for smart solutions to let attendants get best rates in good hotels and best ways to flight to Tenerife...

This is going to be my third year in Tenerife and I´m really excited!!

Hi Rian,

Thanks for the tips. I will definitely contact Ana, for the practical questions. I have just enroled myself in couchsurfing.com to see if I can get a cheap place to stay that way. Otherwise, Ana might be able to give me some suggestions.

We definitely should meet up there (if that's OK for you of course).

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2010 edited
    Hello Elin,

I am definitely interested in meeting up there. Actually, the only thing preventing me from attending would be not knowing a single person over there. After meeting you in person a few months ago, I would think that's a non-issue now. smile Let me know via a PM if you have concrete plans for attending and the tickets are available.

By the way, Bregt, you'll regret you miss this once in a lifetime opportunity! Either that or Bear is coming to Belgium this October and you know it, but you're not telling me... tongue
  15. Rian wrote
    Hello Elin,

I am definitely interested in meeting up there. Actually, the only thing preventing me from attending would be not knowing a single person over there. After meeting you in person a few months ago, I would think that's a non-issue now. smile Let me know via a PM if you have concrete plans for attending and the tickets are available.

Rian,

I PM-ed you. I hope you read and respond quickly, because right now I'm holding off on buying tickets because I'm waiting to hear back from you, but I'm planning to order tomorrow, so please drop me a line.

Elin
  16. It's official now, both Rian and I are going to Tenerife..

Yippie beer

Elin
  17. Hope to meet you there!