• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2007 edited
    JAN A.P. KACZMAREK

OFFICIAL WEBSITE:
    http://www.jan-ap-kaczmarek.com/wocms.php?lngID=1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my all-time favorite composers, Jan, has a distinct gift for simple but gorgeously captivating and deeply moving melodies, similar to a lot of other Polish film composers as well. He achieved major recognition as a film composer (he also has a variety of other kind of works for different mediums under his name so far) with scores such as the melancholic, chamber-musical and string-quartet-led "Total Eclipse", the ethereal "Bliss", the suspenseful "Washington Square" and the dark "Lost Souls" along with the awe-inspiring sacred sound of "Quo Vadis" and Adrian Lyne's mesmerizing and beautiful piano and strings score to "Unfaithful." Added to that are the recent and equally touching "Evening" that elevated the movie it accompanied tremendously as well as the score that gave Jan his first Oscar for Best Original Score, the highly acclaimed and elegantly classical-oriented "Finding Neverland".

Another new score gets released pretty soon, "War and Peace"

Here's some info from his official website:

"War and Peace" Soundtrack
    New colossal epic mini-series from Leo Tolstoj's novel, directed by Robert Dornhelm, starring Alessio Boni, Clemence Poesy (HARRY POTTER) Violante Placido, Malcolm McDowell, Brenda Blethyn and Valentina Cervi.
    Music by Jan A.P. Kaczmarek.

And the SAE page with TRACKLISTING / ARTWORK

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=8281
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2007
    Bliss is a MASTERPIECE
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2007
    Christodoulides wrote
    Another new score gets released pretty soon, "War and Peace"

Cool! Just read the novel, so I was pleasantly surprised they just made another mini-series... just for the score, of course wink Would be a nice afterthought of the novel smile
  1. WAR AND PEACE eh? No excuse for that one not to be epic and dramatic! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007 edited
    Well, i've read the books by Leo Tolstoy and i can tell you it's not all war and drama. It has large portions of lighter nature as well, in the big Russian halls with formal dinners, lush dances, intense romances, scandals and such. It's surely gonna be a very colorful score for sure.
  2. I use Unfaithful for writing the more... intimate... scenes... shame

Though I always forget to cut that RAP song in the middle from the playlist until it´s to late. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007
    JAN A.P.KACZMAREK - Hania [FIRST LISTEN]

MuzykaFilmowa.pl presents:
    "First Listen" (in Polish "PrzeDs?uchanie") of "Hania"!

Exclusive samples of every track on album to listen:

http://www.muzykafilmowa.pl/artykuly/hania.htm

"Hania", as magic as a story of Little Prince, is an exceptional movie being a result of the combined efforts of two Oscar winning talents so famous in holywood - Janusz Kami?ski and Jan A.P. Kaczmarek. Their latest work is a production made on the Polish ground in a hollywood style, which can be seen not only in the cinematography and music but also in the general form of the film comprised among others of a happy end, so characteristic of American productions.

"Hania" tells a story of a young married couple, whom we meet during Christmas time. Wojtek, a graphic designer is so absorbed by his work that he does not get on well with his wife. Ola, a sensitive, gentle cello player, is dreaming about a child and a cosy home. An old school friend encountered by chance talks them into inviting for the Christmas Eve Kacper, a boy whose identity will surprise both the characters and audience. This amazing boy by asking "naive", simple questions forces the couple to rethink their relationship and helps them to find their lost love.

"Hania's" score was recorded in early July, in the Polish Radio Studios. The Polish Radio Orchestra took part in the recording under the direction of Roman Rewakowicz, with Leszek Mozdzer on piano! Album will be released by Rozbitek LLC and EMI Music Poland in 7 december 2007.

Author: Lucas Waligórski | MuzykaFilmowa.pl
  3. Of course I admire Kaczmarek very much. Great composer and very nice and outspoken guy. You want some news about him? As you know, he's going to release "War & Peace" soon. I've been listening to this score for a week, because Jan gave it to me to prepeare "First Listen" wink And I can tell you now - this is something great! Fantastic music, and for me - the score of the year. Great epic themes, powerful orchestations, brilliant action score etc. You really gonna like it. "Austerlitz", "Borodino", "Russian Victory" - brilliant tracks! And of course some love themes... smile
    MuzykaFilmowa.pl
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007 edited
    Great! Can't wait then! His score for "Evening" is one of my most beloved and frequently played for this year!
  4. Yes, "Evening". I was there when it was recorded. It was like dream come true. You know. To see composer recording his music, and see his reaction when he hear it for the first time. I was lucky to be there and talk to Jan and film director Lajos Koltaij. And of course to see Leszek Mozdzer playing all these variations... That was impressive. Leszek is truely a master of piano smile
    MuzykaFilmowa.pl
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    JAN A.P.KACZMAREK - Hania [FIRST LISTEN]

MuzykaFilmowa.pl presents:
    "First Listen" (in Polish "PrzeDs?uchanie") of "Hania"!

Exclusive samples of every track on album to listen:

http://www.muzykafilmowa.pl/artykuly/hania.htm

I thought that this did warrant a new topic. I hope that locking threads when a new thread isn't posted within the appropriate composer's "master thread" isn't going to happen often. Sometimes it is a bit tiresome trawling through a lot of composer news to find something interesting like a specific release.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007
    I already posted it Alan, hours ago that's why i deleted the other.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    I already posted it Alan, hours ago that's why i deleted the other.

I saw that, but what I'd liked to have seen was the original post that is buried deep in the composer's topic given priority - and allowed to have a separate topic. By all means, replace the buried post with a link to the new topic, I would just like to see these sort of topics given separate threads.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2008
    Drat! I can't believe I missed this post about samples of Hania. Someone gave another link yesterday and you can listen to select cues (of larger length). I guess I've fallen in love with the Hania score. It's friggin' gorgeous. Kaczmarek at his best!

http://polishfilmmusic.com/product_info … ucts_id=78
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2008
    Can't wait to get this, and WAR AND PEACE. His score for "Evening" was one of the most beautiful surprises for me in 2007.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    ^ A big 'duh' of irony on my above comment btw. : sigh:

HANIA (LIMITED IMPORT) (CD)
    Jan A.P. Kaczmarek

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=8858

It's Christmas Eve. Ola and Wojtek, a young and childless couple, invite Kacper, a kid from the orphanage, to spend the holidays together. Wojtek recalls his own childhood which was a nightmare because of his authoritative father. That special day spent with a resolute boy of a great imagination allows Wojtek to overcome his own fears, relax and to open himself for love. Kacper, like Jesus, brings young protagonists the Good News along with hope for profound and meaningful life...

1. Nadchodza Swieta
    2. Warszawa
    3. Patrzac Przez Okno
    4. Spotkanie z Hania
    5. Kacper
    6. Frascati
    7. Ojciec
    8. Hania Jest Piekna
    9. Pierwsza Gwiazda
    10. Szpital
    11. Wszyscy Wszystkim
    12. To Moje Najlepsze Swieta
    13. Wrobel
    14. Rozmowa z Ojcem
    15. Patrzac w Przyszlosc
    16. Warszawa w Sniegu
    17. Nauka Latania
    18. Puste Lozko

Anyone heard it yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008
    HANIA

SOUND CLIPS

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=8858
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008 edited
    I recognise his name from somewhere, but I can't remember where! The surname is so familiar (believe it or not!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    I recognise his name from somewhere, but I can't remember where! The surname is so familiar (believe it or not!)

Eh?

He's quite popular on this forum. And mostly not even for his Oscar winning Finding Neverland, but for his Polish work.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote

You're probably thinking of his sister, Jane Kaczmarek.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    Anthony wrote

Eh?

He's quite popular on this forum. And mostly not even for his Oscar winning Finding Neverland, but for his Polish work.

That could be why. But I've never seen that film or heard the score! shocked
  7. Southall wrote

She is not his sister... tongue
    MuzykaFilmowa.pl
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's the damn name! I forgot there was a Jane Kaczmarek. So no, I didn't think she was his sister, I just knew I'd seen that name before. Bravo! biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Lucas Wayne wrote
    Southall wrote

She is not his sister... tongue

She must be, they've got the same name!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    In that case I know John Williams's brother! shocked tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sorry Sir. sad
  8. Southall wrote
    She must be, they've got the same name!

spin
    MuzykaFilmowa.pl
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008
    JAN.A.P.KACZMAREK's top works for anyone non-familiar with his work:

UNFAITHFUL and EVENING, his two top works imo
    Also TOTAL ECLIPSE, BLISS, QUO VADIS, FINDING NEVERLAND of course and even his dark thriller score for LOST SOULS .
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2008
    My god! I've listened to only one score (and only once) in the last 2 weeks and that's Guerra E Pace. I love it to pieces. Kaczmarek at his usual hauntingly beautiful style! spin

Anyone else listen to this?