• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    Steven wrote
    BEAR.

Ya happy now?

Ecstatic.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think this whole thread is controversial.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But...but...but it has a lolbear!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    BEAR.

Ya happy now?

Ecstatic.

Priceless! cheesy biggrin punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    But...but...but it has a lolbear!

One is not amused.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, but one is. One IS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    *shudders*

Cate Blanchett...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cate Blanchett love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I find no difference between the 2 pictures of the ladies post above.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I recommend a prescription for glasses.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Cate Blanchett!! kiss
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    She's a milf without the 'ilf'.
  2. I still think controversy suggests more to me films like CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST or JULIEN DONKEY BOY than ... I don't know... STARGATE.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If Sunil hadn't mentioned it I think this thread could have hypothetically gone on 24/7 for years without a single mention of Stargate.

Hollywood popcorn. NOT controversial. End of.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    In my mind a controversial film, as an example, is "The Lost Weekend." This film was created so much controversary that Jack Daniels offered to purchase it for a nice profit for the sole purpose of burning it. Rozsa did the fine score by the way.

Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009 edited
    The musical score rarely has anything to do with the controversy of a given film (except the LAST TEMPTATION score, arguably, that Tim mentioned). Or - if it counts - the songs in LIFE OF BRIAN.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    How are Seven Years in Tibet, Braveheart any controversial?

Braveheart is only controversial amongst nit-pickers ( like myself rolleyes wink ) over it's incredible historical inaccuracies.

No ifs and butts about it.

<groannnnn>

And I suppose the fact that you are brits have nothing to do with your distaste for the film? wink
    It is very inaccurate I agree.
    But how accurate are the British sources? indeed... a good question.
    Yet, I still agree that Braveheart is quite inaccurate. Yet, one hell of a movie none the less.

When in London I had this tour guide that went on and on about "the bloodiest film she ever saw", Braveheart.

Let me guess, The Patriot is another film you despise for all of its "crappyness".

Come now, you should be happy that England gets all of this attention. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    If you take scores for the movie like "The Passion of the Christ", "The Da Vinci Code", "The Last Temptation of Christ" etc in these movies, music played very important role. Of course, composers might not be considered as 'Controversial composers' but he/she somehow made contribution to the controversial movies.

I don't agree with that at all. While the scores do in fact play an important role they don't play a role in the controversy that surrounds the film. I can't recall a single article or discussion of the films you mention where the composers name is brought up as the source of the films controversy.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    If you take scores for the movie like "The Passion of the Christ", "The Da Vinci Code", "The Last Temptation of Christ" etc in these movies, music played very important role. Of course, composers might not be considered as 'Controversial composers' but he/she somehow made contribution to the controversial movies.

I don't agree with that at all. While the scores do in fact play an important role they don't play a role in the controversy that surrounds the film. I can't recall a single article or discussion of the films you mention where the composers name is brought up as the source of the films controversy.

-Erik-

exactly
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omaha wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    How are Seven Years in Tibet, Braveheart any controversial?

Braveheart is only controversial amongst nit-pickers ( like myself rolleyes wink ) over it's incredible historical inaccuracies.

<groannnnn>

And I suppose the fact that you are brits have nothing to do with your distaste for the film? wink
    It is very inaccurate I agree.
    But how accurate are the British sources? indeed... a good question.
    Yet, I still agree that Braveheart is quite inaccurate. Yet, one hell of a movie none the less.

When in London I had this tour guide that went on and on about "the bloodiest film she ever saw", Braveheart.

Let me guess, The Patriot is another film you despise for all of its "crappyness".

Come now, you should be happy that England gets all of this attention. wink

William Wallace certainly wasn't the hero Gibbo made him out to be.

Regardless, I DO enjoy the film and the score is a classic.

The Patriot!? I've not much of an opinion on it, saw it once and thought, yes, it was indeed a bit "crappy" biggrin
  3. The only redeeming qualities of The Patriot for me are Gibson's acting, the score and the cinematography. Oh and also a young Heath Ledger playing his son. It may possibly be Emmerich's best movie though.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I still think Stargate is his best.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

It has it's moments.

I can't think of an Emmerich film I've enjoyed from begining to end?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

Yeah... I agree with that. Great sense of adventure, a great idea for a story, beautiful cinematography and Arnold's spot on score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Steven wrote

shhhhhhhhhhhhh... that film is very controversial.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    omaha wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote

-Erik-

exactly

If tyler Bates did one of those, your theory would be instantly crushed wink tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009 edited
    omaha wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

<groannnnn>

Not being British, I have no vested interest whatsoever. smile
    I just think far too many people get kilt in it.

<groannnnn>
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm British and I love Braveheart. Bloody Americans and their generalizations, they're all the same... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote

-Erik-

Ah! its quite expected that you never accept any of my ideas and contribution. Anyhow, i like you very much. Because you are the only person who boldly come out and criticize me. In fact, this kind of criticism is much needed and this will help me to improve my analytical skills. Thanks to your response.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009
    Steven wrote
    I'm British and I love Braveheart. Bloody Americans and their generalizations, they're all the same... rolleyes

wink