• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009
    I enjoyed it a lot D, it's very gory but also very exciting. Horner's score works perfectly!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I imagine. On CD it's an excellent listen for me!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think watching the film will only enhance your appreciation of the score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Ah yes, Apocalypto with unfeasably sized prehistoric animals.

And an ultimately hugely boring film. vomit

No, it's a very good film with a superb "nerve" throughout!

Haven't seen it but i LOVE the score! I am planning to watch it though...i like Gibson's work as a director so far.

Let me state for the sake of being correct that I love Apocalypto and I don't love 10.000 BC.

Gibson IMO is a great actor and an even better director. I've loved all his films up until now.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Ah yes, Apocalypto with unfeasably sized prehistoric animals.

And an ultimately hugely boring film. vomit

No, it's a very good film with a superb "nerve" throughout!

Haven't seen it but i LOVE the score! I am planning to watch it though...i like Gibson's work as a director so far.

Let me state for the sake of being correct that I love Apocalypto and I don't love 10.000 BC.

Gibson IMO is a great actor and an even better director. I've loved all his films up until now.

Word on Apocalypto and Gibson. I haven't watched 10.000 nor do i plan to, i heard it's pure crap.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    And there's nothing wrong with that. smile (If it doesn't pretend to be more than that).

Exactly. This is why i can't wait for this film! True, honest in your face ol'fashioned LOUD Hollywood.

Agreed! The new trailer is goddamned incredible !!!! It's a return to form for Emmerich, nobody does blowing up scyscrapers, incinerating stuff and causing huge natural disasters better than him.

With Avatar and 2012 there's no better way to end the year.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Yesterday, i saw this movie trailer in theater. Hmmm... it looks good. In fact, i don't care what reviews or others says on this movie. I am very curious to watch this movie in theater.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009 edited
    Yes, although reviewers say nothing of this film yet 'cause it's not released....yet. But screw them michael jackson and 2012 hating bastards, let's hug, dance and celebrate altogether! :rahman:
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    CGI Bukkake

bounce

hahahaha, that's a KEEPER! YOSH!
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009 edited
    "It’s easy to scoff at the over-reliance of CGI in contemporary cinema but for a film like this it’s part and parcel of the whole, and computer generated effects have never before been used as spectacularly. "

"Size matters: a winter popcorn movie and guilty pleasure, this mass entertainment of mass destruction is not one coherent story but a calculated, cliche-ridden, often humorous pastiche of all the disaster movies made in Hollywood."

""Sit Down and Buckle Up!"

WANT
  3. From what the trailer shows this movie will be jaw-on-the-floor spectacle that Transformers 2 wanted to be. cool

Until Avatar comes out that is. punk
  4. 2012 the new trailer has am abient trailer music (which I usually dislike), but here the visuals are overpowering that completely, so I was utterly blown away by this trailer

This movie is going to kick ASS punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. It does look good, but even Emerich's best films have still been hokey. I won't expect too much more than awesome effects. If there happens to be a good story and intelligent dialogue I'll consider it a bonus.

Isn't this kind of an odd time of year to release a film like this?? Was this slated for summer and got delayed, or was it always planned for Nov.?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    Who cares. It's a Summer popcorn action movie...in Winter. We need that for a change as it's usually a dull time of year for big, adventure movie loving junkies like myself.
  6. Yeah, I don't mind it. I'm just a little puzzled by it. It might end up making this movie a lot more money than if had been trying to compete with other summer "blockbusters."
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    2012 the new trailer has am abient trailer music (which I usually dislike), but here the visuals are overpowering that completely, so I was utterly blown away by this trailer

This movie is going to kick ASS punk

You've said it ! I can't stop watching the trailer, if that 2 and a half minute preview shows about 0.01 % of the total destruction and devastation, you'll have to give me medication during the film because I will be sick with over-excitement. punk

Yes I am that shallow and immature. cheesy

Thursday we witness the end of the world... can't wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    Does anyone have a link for this trailer?
  8. Don't know if you have quicktime but if you do, here it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009
    I have! Thanks
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009
    I'd rather not watch at that tbh as it's probably every single FX shot in the movie combined. wink
  9. Do watch it man! One of the best trailers I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot! This is what a trailer should do! Make you jump around like a kid impatient to wait for the actual movie. I have seriously done that, I've not done that in a kajillion years !!!! shocked Most trailers I see I result in this expression: rolleyes but not this one. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2009
    I saw it today.

It was a bit meh. We've indeed all seen it. It doesn't do much (not in a dramatic way that is, obviously). The fun factor was quite low too. Some dry jokes, some very cool scenes (Yellowstone) but well. It's too long as well.

And the music is as uninspired as ever. Where are the days with Arnold... sad
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Have we seen all the decent shots then in the trailers or is there actually more?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hmmm. I think most of it is in the trailer (the biggest shots).

And at those, the music fails terribly. Cringe worthy is the President's Speech.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How's the music? TTRL-influenced like the day after tomorrow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Not really. It was a mixed bag of all kinds of stuff, lots of percussion and soap-series-string-work.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Do watch it man! One of the best trailers I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot! This is what a trailer should do! Make you jump around like a kid impatient to wait for the actual movie. I have seriously done that, I've not done that in a kajillion years !!!! shocked Most trailers I see I result in this expression: rolleyes but not this one. smile

I agree. In recent times, i personally think this is indeed best trailers i have ever seen. I have planned to book the ticket for this movie. beer
  10. Cool Sunil! Welcome back? confused wink

Christodoulides wrote
    How's the music? TTRL-influenced like the day after tomorrow?

This would've been the perfect opportunity for Emmerich to bring David Arnold on board. Think about the combination: Disasters and Arnold. punk But too bad Hollywood went with uninspiring crap again (so I've read).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Just now, i went to nearby theater and booked my ticket for "2012", and i will be going to this movie on 15/11/2009. I was quite astonished by the ticket sales in my city. Its doing extremely well. So, what about in your cities, guys?