• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    Nope, the actual "Boat Scene" (track #2)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009
    NP: Enchanted - Alan Menken

mmm very disney lick smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade John Williams

The new mix on the expanded version is an absolute GODSEND. This is proof there is a God, and his name is John Williams.

punk punk punk

Does Martijn know?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If he doesn't, it proves he isn't God.
    If he does, then he just has to accept it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We shall discuss this more in-depth at them Pearly Gates in a few years time, Steven.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King - Various

An impressive collection of cues from the popular online game.
    The tracks performed by the Northwest Sinfonica Orchestra sound very good and quite LOTR in style.
    Mixed with synthetic orchestral cues and elemental sound fx it has a great way of sending the listener on an audio journey to ethereal worlds filled with with rich musical textures.
    I found this score to be the best of the various WoW soundtrack albums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009 edited
    NP: The Ghost And The Darkness - Jerry Goldsmith

One of the reasons why this got my attention was that weird "ai ai" voice... I love it, addictive and strangely pleasant.

(though I can't help thinking of Hisaishi's theme for the "dust bunny" creatures aka "Traveling Soot" from My Neighbour Totoro... biggrin )

Anyway I really like Welcome to Tsavo, which is very beautiful.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. Atham wrote

The tracks performed by the Northwest Sinfonica Orchestra sound very good and quite LOTR in style.
    Mixed with synthetic orchestral cues and elemental sound fx it has a great way of sending the listener on an audio journey to ethereal worlds filled with with rich musical textures.

The overture is fantastic. But the majority of the soundtrack is a little too ambient for my liking.

Another album I can totally recommend is the Echoes of War compilation album, featuring music from all the franchises of Blizzard Entertainment, including the Warcraft and Diablo series. With full symphonic and choral power it's quite an entertaining listen.

The Journey of Natty Gann (James Horner)

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!

Early Horner is bloody good and is quite the template for his later material. Now I can throw away that horrible boot CD-R. What a joy to have it in great sound! cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Free Willy 3: The Rescue (Cliff Eidelman)

Superb! There are so many spine-tingling moments and heartfelt melodies on this short album, it always sends me on a magical journey full of sentiment. Eidelman understands how to write pure emotion and delivers a great album, even at thirty minutes it's a wonderful goosebump-filled ride.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Blood Diamond - James Newton Howard

Really dramatic, tense score with great action and emotional material, and great mix of orchestra, synth and exotic instruments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: The Incredible Hulk - Craig Armstrong

I like the muscular sound that the score has. Very thematic stuff. Works well in the movie too, which is a plus. The percussion work is nice, obviously taking some inspiration from John Powell's Bourne scores.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Call me late to the party but just why the hell is this thread Now Playing XXXI?

Am I missing something? Has everyone else missed this?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Now that you mention it, yes, it is strange. But so many things are strange since koko joined us...
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    We don't do XXX Timmer. So we skipped that one.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Call me late to the party but just why the hell is this thread Now Playing XXXI?

See the first page for an in-depth explanation for Erik's re-numbering.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    We've jumped from 19 to 31 confused

Make. It. Right.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

See the first page for an in-depth explanation for Erik's re-numbering.

Why not just make it XX then? Before we get to XXX and it all gets XXXX'ed up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote

The Journey of Natty Gann (James Horner)

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!

Early Horner is bloody good and is quite the template for his later material. Now I can throw away that horrible boot CD-R. What a joy to have it in great sound! cheesy

I threw it away on my first listen. That's how bad that boot is. Thankfully there's no need for it anymore!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Lady In The Water - James Newton Howard

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote

Starting reading HERE to find all of your answers.

Anyway, there was already a Now Playing XX. Find it HERE

This all started with Bregt mislabeling one of the threads a long time ago. Now Playing XXXI corrects that mistake. Trust me.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009
    NP: Melbourne 2006: XVIII Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony - Christopher Gordon

Fucking brilliant. punk

Incidentally, does anybody know where I can track down his Sydney: Story Of A City score and the rugby music I read so many good words about?
  3. LSH wrote
    NP: Melbourne 2006: XVIII Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony - Christopher Gordon

Fucking brilliant. punk

Incidentally, does anybody know where I can track down his Sydney: Story Of A City score and the rugby music I read so many good words about?

I think you can hear the Rugby music on the website. SYDNEY is harder to come across, being well out of print. It's probably not a bad idea to ask someone who has if they can make a copy for you.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Free Willy 3: The Rescue (Cliff Eidelman)

Superb! There are so many spine-tingling moments and heartfelt melodies on this short album, it always sends me on a magical journey full of sentiment. Eidelman understands how to write pure emotion and delivers a great album, even at thirty minutes it's a wonderful goosebump-filled ride.

Couldn't agree more! Certainly one composer who deserves SO much more.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Atham wrote

Loved it too! Grand scale, epic and dark!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

Starting reading HERE to find all of your answers.

Anyway, there was already a Now Playing XX. Find it HERE

This all started with Bregt mislabeling one of the threads a long time ago. Now Playing XXXI corrects that mistake. Trust me.

-Erik-

dizzy

Kill me now suicide
  4. NP: Youth without Youth (Golijov)

Sigh. If only the film were as good as this music. 'Malta' is so gorgeous.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    HP and the Half-Blood Prince | nicholas hooper

I got this as a review copy, but haven't heard the previous three scores, so I'm going blasphemy, and otherwise I wouldn't have heard it anyway. But I like this one. It's quite a calm score, with not a lot of grand moments or so, although near the end it, with Journey to the Cave as a first intro to a couple of action/spectacle tracks, it'll give a satisfying climax. It's more on an emotional level that it scores. There's a beautiful track Harry and Hermione, and also the tracks before the big ending are sometimes really beautiful. Whether themes return, I have no idea, though Williams' Hedwig's Theme has a few appearences. Not bad at all!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Judge Dredd - Alan Silvestri

Preparing for G.I. Joe... But I still believe that Beowulf is Silvestri's best action-packed score. Judge Dredd is a fine score but when listening to it I always crave for more tracks like "Block War" or "Counsil Chaos". There are too many minutes of underscoring with no significant action or grand melodies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The expanded of Judge Dredd is much better with more dramatic action cues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    HP and the Half-Blood Prince | nicholas hooper

It's quite a calm score

Ah.
    So it's boring.
    , with not a lot of grand moments or so

Right.
    Boring.
    , although near the end it, with Journey to the Cave as a first intro to a couple of action/spectacle tracks, it'll give a satisfying climax.

So it gets less boring at the very end?
    It's more on an emotional level that it scores.

It's bleedin' HARRY Potter, not DENNIS!
    Emotion, indeed!
    Not bad at all!

But boring, I guess?