• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009
    Me too... I've seen it only twice when I rented.

NP: Road To Perdition - Thomas Newman

Tonight's T. Newman mood continued. smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Moonraker - John Barry

Flight Into Space = punk

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    A lacklustre Bond score from the maestro but for that one track alone this album is worth buying, Flight Into Space is a stand alone mini masterpiece! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: The Village - James Newton Howard

One of the most lovely, touching and emotional scores by JNH ever. The violin work here is really magnificent and outstanding!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: The Musketeer - David Arnold

A very fun swashbuckling adventure score! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: The Village - James Newton Howard

One of the most lovely, touching and emotional scores by JNH ever. The violin work here is really magnificent and outstanding!

A very good score indeed but it mostly makes me feel like putting on Ralph Vaughan Williams.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN - James Horner

Excellent. The track Freight Train should go in my Music For Trains thread. cool

For anyone now familiar with The Journey of Natty Gann check out the track The Forest and compare with....

THIS

And this post was mostly an excuse to put a gorgeous piece of music here biggrin cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Krull~James Horner

Really, REALLY LOUD!!!
    Hallelujah!!!!! punk
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BY THE GODS.....KRRRRRUUUULLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FLIGHT INTO SPACE - John Barry

Just had to play this magnificent track from MOONRAKER, Barry makes space epic deep and sexy cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button ~ Alexandre Desplat

As quite a few of his works has a very clear piano sound. That alone is reason to like it. I think that it's a score whivh brilliance is undeniable!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Wah-Wah - Patrick Doyle

Underrated and simply gorgeous.

cool
  1. Yes, this one is really underrated. Made me like Doyle, actually.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MARY, QUEEN OF SCOTS - John Barry

I'll thank Martijn for influencing me to play this biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    och aye the noo!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. lol

Harry Gregson-Williams and John Powell - Chicken Run

Time to return to this great fun score.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

What a fantastic purchase, I'm loving this score! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote

What a fantastic purchase, I'm loving this score! punk

Oh come on Tim! You know how it felt! angry

Any day now... shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Awww shite! Yours on a 'journey' too!? slant
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

Excellent. The track Freight Train should go in my Music For Trains thread. cool

For anyone now familiar with The Journey of Natty Gann check out the track The Forest and compare with....

THIS

And this post was mostly an excuse to put a gorgeous piece of music here biggrin cool

Tim, your link doesn't work.

NP: Ricky Philippe Rombi

Can Rombi write non memorable themes? I guess not. Please give this man more films to score. How about an action film to see what he can do with that?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : AGNES OF GOD - Georges Delerue

Quite simply awesome.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    and Philippe Rombi is the musical reincarnation of the great Georges Delerue!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009
    NP: Secret Weapons Over Normandy - Michael Giacchino

Awesome score! One of Michael's best! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: The Film Music Of Ralph Vaughan Williams, 3 Disc Collectors Edition

I've had disc one (Volume one) "Scott of the Antarctic" for years and love it!
    Only recently have I bought all three volumes repackaged in one boxed set.
    Just finished listening to volume two.
    It contains suites to 49th Parallel, The Dim Little Island & The England of Elizabeth.
    Once again I'm in awe of this wonderful composer!
    So symphonic in structure yet I can imagine this music working so well within the films they were written for.
    49th Parallel has some brilliantly exciting cues that border on John William's writing style.
    I look forward to hearing Volume three soon. But I think I'll have to give Vol 2 another spin.
    It's that good! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Check out the film 49th Parallel, an excellent propaganistic film with a great cast, great scenery ( filmed in BANFF national park in Canada ) and, of course, a superb score. All involved gave their services for free towards the war effort.

John Williams has gone on record mentioning that he's a great admirer of RVW's music and even said that to me personally cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote
    Check out the film 49th Parallel, an excellent propaganistic film with a great cast, great scenery ( filmed in BANFF national park in Canada ) and, of course, a superb score. All involved gave their services for free towards the war effort.

John Williams has gone on record mentioning that he's a great admirer of RVW's music and even said that to me personally cool

You have communed with John Williams? shocked
  3. NP: THE GRUDGE 2 -- Christopher Young

Ah another Young smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    LSH wrote
    Tintin wrote
    LSH wrote
    NP: A Tale Of God's Will - Terence Blanchard Quintet

Technically a score, since portions of it were written for Spike Lee's HBO documentary, this really is one of my favourite instrumental albums of the last couple of years. There is so much passion and emotion in the performance of all the tracks but my favourite is Ashé - composed by pianist Aaron Parks. Blanchard's trumpet towards the end is goosebump inducing. A gorgeous, heartfelt album all round though - I can't recommend it enough.

cool

OK I'm convinced now. Demetris was really taken by this one too. I'll look for it.

Demetris and I appear to be the only ones who have been discussing this one but yeah, do check it out. smile

You're not the only ones. I'm big on it too! punk

That's one of the most brilliant scores of the decade; rarely you listen to such heartfelt music.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    NP : AGNES OF GOD - Georges Delerue

Quite simply awesome.
    Tintin wrote

and Philippe Rombi is the musical reincarnation of the great Georges Delerue!

Two sentences to which i wholeheartedly agree!

n.p. AARON ZIGMAN - my sister's keeper

Whilst his latest bunch of scores sounded like dizzy and disoriented piano and strings improvisations, this is filled with and driven by heartfel0, tender classical-oriented themes and romantic memorable motifs. The end-result is a touching and coherent whole. Piano, classical and smooth electric guitar with warm strings and very smooth electronics' veil dominate this one. Recommended.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    NP: Wah-Wah - Patrick Doyle

Underrated and simply gorgeous.

cool

PawelStroinski wrote
    Yes, this one is really underrated. Made me like Doyle, actually.

The first time i heard this i couldn't believe it! The themes are sweeping, bold and very, very beautiful. Can't recommend it enough; i never quite understood how it went so under the radar.

Tintin wrote

NP: Ricky Philippe Rombi

Can Rombi write non memorable themes? I guess not. Please give this man more films to score. How about an action film to see what he can do with that?

Already heard it my friend? I have it but was out for work over the weekend and didn't have the chance yet! How is it like in comparison to previous Rombi scores? Can't wait!

Stavroula wrote
    NP: Krull~James Horner

Really, REALLY LOUD!!!
    Hallelujah!!!!! punk

You TOO BABE?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! cry