• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009
    Who wrote the music?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Who wrote the music?

Peter Hinderthür and Florian Tessloff. Not very well known wink

Martijn wrote
    You should check the front page more, D. smile

Darn, did I miss the review of this score? I can't find it? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Riiiiiight here. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Martijn wrote
    Riiiiiight here. smile

Right, that figures wink. I agree with the comparisons to Powell, by the way, which was an odd thing in a film like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sounds interesting. Want to check out.
  1. NP: LITTLE MONSTERS --- David Newman

the expected music is here, but the first track is an utter charming delight
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    n.p. AARON ZIGMAN - my sister's keeper

Whilst his latest bunch of scores sounded like dizzy and disoriented piano and strings improvisations, this is filled with and driven by heartfel0, tender classical-oriented themes and romantic memorable motifs. The end-result is a touching and coherent whole. Piano, classical and smooth electric guitar with warm strings and very smooth electronics' veil dominate this one. Recommended.

And one big awful cliche in one of the most incredibly boring films I've ever been dragged too! Syrupy garbage all the way... score included.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I haven't watched the film nor do i plan to, i am allergic to chick flicks. Maybe this is why you consider the score as syrupy garbage all the way? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Medal of Honor: Frontline - Michael Giacchino

Gotta love that bass trombone in The Rowhouses. punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN - James Horner

I'm finding it difficult to prise this one out of the CD player, really enjoyable score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

Excellent. The track Freight Train should go in my Music For Trains thread. cool

For anyone now familiar with The Journey of Natty Gann check out the track The Forest and compare with....

THIS

And this post was mostly an excuse to put a gorgeous piece of music here biggrin cool

Could someone tell me if this link was accessable?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It just links to the main page of YouTube.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hmmmm? Martijn said something about BT blocking certain things.

It was meant to be 'DAWN' from Benjamin Britten's Four Sea Interludes conducted by Leonard Bernstein.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ooh, I'll check it out. I know I have it... somewhere...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Please do so. It's a gorgeous little piece of music and oh so very similar to Horner's The Forest from Natty Gann.
  2. Horner loved his Britten, didn't he?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Horner loved his Britten, didn't he?

Among other composers. And himself obviously wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I have a bit of rare time to myself so I threw on a Williams classic that reminds me of summer.

NP: The Reivers - John Williams

Could this be Williams' first GREAT score? Splendid Americana sound perfectly capturing the sound of the time (early 1900's) and the over all lightheartedness of the picture. I don't think Williams has ever written another score like this one. Liner note author Didier Deutsch said it best when he described the score as "robust and flavorful." It's a real crowdpleaser!

Up next: Williams first masterpiece... Jane Eyre

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Timmer wrote

I'm finding it difficult to prise this one out of the CD player, really enjoyable score.

And I'm finding difficulty in putting it back into my CD player.

Not really my cup of tea. Though I do need to sit down and really listen to it properly.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009
    Timmer wrote

One of the finest Horner albums I own. From start to finish... film music GOLD. It's been a while since I've played an album back-to-back-to-back. One of Horner's finest scores!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

One of the finest Horner albums I own. From start to finish... film music GOLD. It's been a while since I've played an album back-to-back-to-back. One of Horner's finest scores!

-Erik-

It's one of his better scores, but I personally wouldn't place it within his GREAT scores. A very worthy addition to any Horner collection no doubt, and it paved the way for many a fine score, but there are far more powerful Horner scores out there. It doesn't reach half the level of satisfaction as, for example, The Perfect Storm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    It's one of his better scores, but I personally wouldn't place it within his GREAT scores. A very worthy addition to any Horner collection no doubt, and it paved the way for many a fine score, but there are far more powerful Horner scores out there. It doesn't reach half the level of satisfaction as, for example, The Perfect Storm.

The Perfect Storm has its moments... and boy there are some great big moments that pack a walllop... but I find that there was bit more heart and soul poured into Natty Gann. Plus, I've already listened to Natty Gann more than I've ever listened to The Perfect Storm. There's something about those early Horner scores that always seem to stand out from the rest... at least to me.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The New World - James Horner

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    NP: FAWKES THE PHOENIX - HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS

Its my all time favorite track from whole harry potter movies. Its very emotional and heart touching one. John Williams was simply the best. I expect him to come back and compose for remaining harry potter movies, especially for Deadly Hallows. I know it is never going to happen.

Have a nice day! smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Journey of Natty Gann - James Horner

Good lord this one zips by so fast. I can't find one friggin' fault in this score... not that I was looking for one... which is why I guess that I rank this one so high. A fine, fine score!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    I know it is never going to happen.

Why not? Stranger things have happened...

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote

-Erik-

Oh! yeah! i can expect some miracles from Hollywood film industry, if John Williams returns to Harry Potter series.... By the way, is there any separate thread or review on recent score by Nicholas Hooper's "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote

-Erik-

Oh! yeah! i can expect some miracles from Hollywood film industry, if John Williams returns to Harry Potter series.... By the way, is there any separate thread or review on recent score by Nicholas Hooper's "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince"?

Click on the search link at the top right hand of this page, type Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince into the search bar and hit submit.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I think there's a chance JW *MIGHT* be back for Deathly Hallows. Most of the casting for the films is done and I read yesterday they completed filming 85% of the first part, but a composer hasn't been announced yet. They had announced Hooper quite early for Half Blood Prince... I think they're waiting to see how the sixth score is received. I'd be happy even with a collaboration between JW and Hooper.

I'll be reviewing the HBP score on my blog soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote

-Erik-

Click on the search link at the top right hand of this page, type Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince into the search bar and hit submit.

-Erik-

Thanks! right now, i am reading Nicholas Hooper thread, but i couldn't find separate thread for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Are you sure about separate thread for HP and Half blood prince? smile