• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. NP: The Sentimental Bloke - Jen Anderson

This is music from what I think is one of these projects that scores silent movies.

I downloaded a few of the more appealing tracks. "The Argument" is a real standout - acoustic guitar, solo violin and what sounds like a Hammond organ.
    punk

Take a listen: TRACK 3
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009 edited
    One Million Years B.C.

Fantastically creative and evocotive score....But we already know that eh Alan beer To me this score conjours dinosaurs and pre-history. The likes of JNH's Dinosaur, great as it is, could just as easilly be a score about modern day lions, elephants etc, it doesn't transport me to another time at all.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    ...transport(s) me to another time...

Exactly!!

I'd love to hear a faithfully re-created re-recording of this one.

It would have to be faithful - in every respect!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009
    I couldn't agree more. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Hunchback Of Notre Dame - Alan Menken

Addicted to this thundering choral music today. Amazing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Hunchback Of Notre Dame - Alan Menken

Addicted to this thundering choral music today. Amazing!

You are allowed to post about The Score We Didn't Speak of a Month or So for one time again. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    bhangra beer

I'll let Miya post it this time. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:GI JOE (Sivestri)

I love this loooooooooong action tracks. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    PETER PAN - JAMES NEWTON HOWARD

Great Score! but disappointing they it was presented on CD. There are several cues and tracks missing. Apart from that, there are still some great tracks are there, i like "Flying" track very much. Great stuff from James Newton. punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    NP: 48 Hours - James Horner

Aw MAN! slant The steeldrums are the exact same thing he did in Commando (which I love incidentally).
    I was hoping for something a bit more...well...different.

Hey! Stop being stubborn: and at least try SOLARIS by Martinez wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hello D, only gone a day and I missed you wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Bolt is a nice movie, where the Score fits like a globe.

Bolt and Horton are very diferent movies thought. Horton Hears a Who! needs this kind of over the top and crazy music because Dr Seus world is crazy too. So it's perfect.

Is it? I watched both movies; i enjoyed BOLT, the score was very moving at places; Horton gave me a headache.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Hello D, only gone a day and I missed you wink

Same here Tim my friend smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote

Fields of Freedom (Trevor Jones)

Another splendid high quality theme from Jones. His themes over the years have always had that epic, lyrical feel to it, for this one its an appropriate heroic hymn-like melody. But I don't know what's wrong with the performance. It sounds very subdued, drum rolls (or what do you call it?) sound very in the background, know what I mean, like they couldn't get a full workout? With a proper sound engineer or mixer this could've been much better. Or maybe it's just the quality of these damned compressed files? tongue

Glad you liked that score DT, i thought i was the only one wink Srsly, Trevor Jones' recent work is very underrated imo, he's one of those pleasantly melodic composers who aim for the big, memorable leitmotifs that some modern tits like to call "old-fashioned" and such crap; i call them big muscular fun and i love that kind of scoring! I also admire Trevor's instantly recognizable style too; have you heard We Fight to Be Free too? Chaos is also good, the main theme is infectious but the rest is boring electronic-heavy underscore sadly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Robinson wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Robinson wrote
    Listening to Giacchino's Up and the gorgeous track called "Stuff we did".
    This is a great score that I personally have enjoyed very very much...

Hey mate, welcome back! wave Up is gorgeous, Bolt is gorgeous, i could easily live without the rest of the Powell scores though smile

Hello Demetris!!!!
    Wazzzzzzup?!!!!!!

All good my friend, in Cyprus under the hot sun vacationing smile Hope you'll stick around this time! How are you? wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Crimson Tide - Hans Zimmer

Contains some very powerful themes by Hans, very enjoyable listening experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    NP: 48 Hours - James Horner

Aw MAN! slant The steeldrums are the exact same thing he did in Commando (which I love incidentally).
    I was hoping for something a bit more...well...different.

Hey! Stop being stubborn: and at least try SOLARIS by Martinez wink

angry NO! angry
    vomit :bucket: dino

Well. OK. Maybe.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    This is not my favorite Zimmer's score. I don't like this album the way it was presented on CD, especially track "Alabama" is boring one. Its too looooooong.... I just liked the opening track "Mutiny", which is really awesome. Others! sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    An approach with tracks broken up into smaller ones would indeed have been better. But I've grown used to it.

And how can you not like the final track?! That's a bloody awesome brass themed one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Actually, the length doesn't matter to me. All i expect is quality not quantity. Its too long, most of the time repeating same music again and again. That's why i didn't like it. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sunil wrote
    Actually, the length doesn't matter to me. ... Its too long

confused
    So the length does matter to you?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Sorry, let me explain to you clearly, the actual thing is whether a track is 12 minutes long or 2 minutes long doesn't matter to me, but it should have variations. For instance, take Zimmer's Angels & Demons, in that Science and Religion supposed to be 12 minutes long, but i simply adore that track because i like the improvisation and variation in each every second of that track. It contains quantity as well as quality, whereas in Crimson Tide, i don't find any quality in "Alabama", its not only long but also doesn't contain any interesting music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    About Atlantis:
    One of the more surprising animated Disney movies out there. Style and story are quite different from what we´re used to get from the House of Mouse. For me, it´s the best movie of that last bunch they did shortly before Eisner killed the classic animation department. And the score ist quite wonderful. It starts like business as usual, and then, suddenly, you get hit, and very hard, with some of the most breathtaking epic scoring JNH has ever done.

Really? I haven't heard much about the movie itself, especially in Japan, where anime geeks accusing Disney of ripping off an anime series... I don't know about the rip-off issue, but I got really tired of their overreacting rolleyes

I will check it out anyway. I've found all other 2000s Disney films overly underrated (except the boring Chicken Little tongue ), so let's check out the one I haven't seen. smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Bregt wrote
    You are allowed to post about The Score We Didn't Speak of a Month or So for one time again. wink

DemonStar wrote
    bhangra beer

I'll let Miya post it this time. wink

haha thanks biggrin I'll listen to it later (as always bunny)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    NP: THE LION KING!
    ANd bhangra-ing to Hakoocie Potato and The Quirkle Of Life!

Well. No. I'm not.
    I was just trying to steal Miya's and Ravi's thunder, because, now that it's mentioned again, IT'S ANATHEMA FOR ANOTHER THREE MONTHS NOW!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Good try. But the Lion King we know of doesn't have any tracks named "Hakoocie Potato" and "The Quirkle Of Life". So now we can post it again! devil
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    This must be what Martijn is playing.
    http://www.mondotv.it/EN_Mondo/Mondo_EN … king1.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    LOL, I remember seeing that on TV once! Jungle Book meets Lion King. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya