• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Krull = low level Horner.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I know whatcha mean bud, Krull is nearly as bad as Raiders of The Lost Ark.

Well, only difference is that KRULL is actually buckit-able. wink

One day grasshopper you'll be able to walk on the rice paper without creasing it and on that day you'll be free to walk from the temple.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    Krull = low level Horner.

If I told you what it takes to reach the highest high you'd laugh and say nothings that's simple, but you've been told many times before, southall pointed to the door, but you didn't have the guts to leave the temple.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Horner point of comparrison:

The Journey of Natty Gann = top level Horner
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    justin boggan wrote
    The Ron Jones Project
    CD: Into the Brave Night

A few years ago on a Jones label called Emotif, he released a few CDs called "The Ron Jones Project".

Does it have any tracks from Ducktales?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Timmer wrote

I wouldn't take 3 Zimmer's to a deserted Island.

I would take Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansson and Eva Green.

lol Let me also join with you, Timmy! biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    REMEMBRANCE - SCHINDLER"S LIST.

This track always bring tears to my eyes.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Clint Mansell - The Fountain
    VERY addictive.

And works wonders in the film! Have you watched it? Loved it, very captivating experience.

Yes, recently. And of course you´re right. Stunning on every possible level.
  4. Fracture (Chris Tilton & Chad Seiter)

Custom half-hour mini-score. Absolutely bloody enjoyable this one. A great pulse pounding and thematic ubercool actioner. They should release this, I would buy this in an instant.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    VERY addictive.

And works wonders in the film! Have you watched it? Loved it, very captivating experience.

punk Nice to see people appreciating this, esp. after the negative reviews i personally can't understand.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I could of course go off on yet another rant, but I think I have made my view on The Fountain abundantly clear in the past...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You could reply the same stuff again and it'd not make a different, we are ignoring you on this one anyway. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The truth is always ignored.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    VERY addictive.

punk Nice to see people appreciating this, esp. after the negative reviews i personally can't understand.

Yeah, but you know me; I like everything. wink Except crap. The biggest pile of crap I´ve seen in recent times has been AVP:R. And you really have to do very bad to beat that one.

But, of course, The Fountain IS art par excellence. The images alone are worth the time, and the story is breathtakingly beautiful. I can see why people either can´t deal with that kind of movie OR think it to be too blown up, but personally, I dig it a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, story-wise it's very down to earth and touching; it's very hard not to get affected by it the way i see it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked shocked shocked VERY DOWN TO... shocked shocked shocked

Guys, don't make me come up there... again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:GI Joe (Silvestri)

Wow... I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this score.

It's more near to scores like ricochet and predator 2 to the headache of Van helsing, the mummy returnns or Beowulf (scores wich I enjoy but I find them excesively loud)

"Just about close enouhg" is one of the best action tracks from Silvestri in the last 10 years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    shocked shocked shocked VERY DOWN TO... shocked shocked shocked

Guys, don't make me come up there... again.

Hey, it's a love story. It has the stamp of the director all over it and it's pretty obvious (why wouldn't it?) but on essence, it's a man and his woman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm sure the director intended some sort of cosmic and ethereal love story through interconnecting time-space aspects as defined by multi-religious semi-sophistic symbolic suggestions intercut to allow the viewer an emotion-spiritual experience that transcends linear storytelling.
    slant

IT'S A POLISHED TURD.
    It means nothing, suggests nothing and leaves each and every interpretation SOLELY to the viewer which is the very EPITOME of lazy film making.
    It means whatever anyone wants it to mean at any given time (hence the plethora of different interpretations on the web). It looks great. It means nothing.
    Hollow, pretentious, semi-artistic HOOEY.
    YECH.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009 edited
    I like it when the movie leaves something for me too; That's when the experience gets personal and i'd not consider it lazy film making at any instance. Plus, i don't know if you've been following the director's course through the past or not, but for someone who did, this film isn't a departure at all.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    Timmer wrote

I wouldn't take 3 Zimmer's to a deserted Island.

I would take Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansson and Eva Green.

lol Let me also join with you, Timmy! biggrin

no.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's right; that spot is mine!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's not about leaving something for someone to do: it's about throwing every conceivable theological, religious, spiritual and psychological cliche and symbol at you without any structure or context, which leaves the audience with a very simple idea of heavy-handedness which simply didn't mean anything (as the symbols were there as symbols only...and generic ones as well).

It's eye-candy, D.
    No more.
    (And I'm sorry to read that the director apparently has made a career out of this sort of lazy-ass film making. Apparently many studio execs are still falling for the old early seventies Dennis Hopper trick of trippy film making: it's unintelligible and drugs-induced so obviously it has to mean something. Far out!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's not that he repeated the same structure and "tricks" everytime, but more in the vein of his films not being "regular" and "conventional" in any case smile

As for those symbols, i am personally not disturbed by religious references in any film, in any case so it'd be natural that they wouldn't mind me either in this case; plus i don't think they get you dizzy and bored necessarily, i, for one, found a lot of parallelisms and stuff to think about my own life and experiences out of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's my exact point: he threw so many religious, spiritual and psychological symbols and cliches in there that it's impossible NOT to pick *something* up.

Want a Catholic approach about the afterlife: there's your cross and the rebirth of the Conquistador.
    Oh, you're more Buddhist-minded. Well, never mind: here's a bald guy serenely floating away from his Self. Or is New Age more your thing: have an Ygdrassil!
    And so forth, and so on.
    It says NOTHING because it tries to cater to EVERYONE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin

I'd call it a pretty unique neo-archaic universal love story. You'd cal it crap smile Fair enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PLEASE tell me you didn't just say "neo-archaic".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hahaha-caught you biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    I'd call it a pretty unique neo-archaic universal love story.

Just a gradual-quick quote for historic-future options towards embarassment. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    :hole-digger: