• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I am closer to Martijn on this one. For me, 2001 and both versions of SOLARIS do FOUNTAIN better than FOUNTAIN does. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:GI Joe (Silvestri)

Wow... I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this score.

It's more near to scores like ricochet and predator 2 to the headache of Van helsing, the mummy returnns or Beowulf (scores wich I enjoy but I find them excesively loud)

"Just about close enouhg" is one of the best action tracks from Silvestri in the last 10 years.

Finally the action score of this summer, after: hyper edited realeases ( Ice age 3, land of lost), crazy sampled chorus (Angels and demons) and albums wich runs half of the road (star trek).

I'm really adicted to this score. It reminds me my earlier days as a score fan, with this typical Silvestri tricks.

Alan Silvestri is somewhere in the middle of composers: with limations (David Arnold), with lack of new idead (James Horner) and the real versatiles ones (James Newton Howard)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wouldn't it be weird if the Fountain made sense?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Played yesterday-

Michel Cusson - Monica La Mitraille

Nice jazz based score. It's for an action thriller I presume. Not my kind of stuff though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ROCKY - Bill Conti

BEST. SPORTS. SCORE. EVER.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    NP : ROCKY - Bill Conti

BEST. SPORTS. SCORE. EVER.

I heard a lot of praise for this but haven't listened to it yet. What's it like?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009 edited
    Testosterone pumping thematic melodic brilliance! punk A score that wears it's heart on it's sleave.

There's some lovely chilled laid back tracks too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Will check it out, thanks! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'd be hard pressed to come up with a more possitive full of life theme than Gonna Fly Now from ROCKY.
  2. DemonStar wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    The Ron Jones Project
    CD: Into the Brave Night

A few years ago on a Jones label called Emotif, he released a few CDs called "The Ron Jones Project".

Does it have any tracks from Ducktales?

No, all RJP CDs were original music composed for the CDs. Not based on any TV or film work. Besides, as my desciption said, it's all synth work, and "Ducktales" was orchestra.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ah, ok.
  3. His newly re-designed site has some cues from "Ducktales" up.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : A VIEW TO A KILL - John Barry

An underrated Bond score IMO, damn fine Bond song, great action track and superlative dramatic score.
  4. Is that the bond with the opening ski sequence that suddenly is scored with some surfer music (I wan't to say "California Girls" maybe?)? I'm not a fan of the Duran Duran song, either. I remember seeing the first part of this on TV recently and rolling my eyes at the whole thing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cripes! Roger Moore's time was well and truly up by this, his final outing as Bond. And yes, a Beach Boys track was used though I can't remember which one? ( nothing to do with Barry )

I enjoy the film but man it's cheesy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : NORTH BY NORTHWEST - Bernard Herrmann

Classic.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Already heard it my friend? I have it but was out for work over the weekend and didn't have the chance yet! How is it like in comparison to previous Rombi scores? Can't wait!

The main difference is that the score for Ricky doesn't have a romantic element to it. It has some tense moments and some cues that ranges from fantasy to eerie/creepy which is not characteristic of what we have heard from Rombi before. There is a cue near the end that is close to John Williams' fantasy style and is also the most energetic cue that Rombi composed so far. So there is different material to chew on here apart from the main theme which is absolutely stunning and memorable and all the superlatives you can think of. probably not a major Rombi score to get but an interesting one to add if you like his style.

NP G.I. Joe Alan Silvestri
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Timmer wrote
    NP : NORTH BY NORTHWEST - Bernard Herrmann

Classic.

Music.

Indeed.
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tintin wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Already heard it my friend? I have it but was out for work over the weekend and didn't have the chance yet! How is it like in comparison to previous Rombi scores? Can't wait!

The main difference is that the score for Ricky doesn't have a romantic element to it. It has some tense moments and some cues that ranges from fantasy to eerie/creepy which is not characteristic of what we have heard from Rombi before. There is a cue near the end that is close to John Williams' fantasy style and is also the most energetic cue that Rombi composed so far. So there is different material to chew on here apart from the main theme which is absolutely stunning and memorable and all the superlatives you can think of. probably not a major Rombi score to get but an interesting one to add if you like his style.

NP G.I. Joe Alan Silvestri

Thanks! I've heard it in the meantime and it's quite impressive to me, how he manages to come up with a beautiful main theme, no matter the genre and style of the rest of the score that accompanies the film!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I'd call it a pretty unique neo-archaic universal love story.

Just a gradual-quick quote for historic-future options towards embarassment. biggrin

Ah; fudge off.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Melbourne 2006: XVIII Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony - Christopher Gordon

Magnificent.

cool
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Thanks for the tip. I haven't listened to this Melbourne 2006 Cd in a while. Evocative music and also has a "fun" element to it in the third cue. Great rhythmic writing for percussion and flute.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Was playing: Melbourne 2006 - thanks Lee!

Now playing (since it comes after that one in my media software) is Wild Africa - Christopher Gunning

Extremely unoriginal, but very enjoyable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009
    Southall wrote

I have to stop writing such long winded posts and just stick with shorter one word posts for maximum impact! shame

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

I have to stop writing such long winded posts and just stick with shorter one word posts for maximum impact! shame

-Erik-

No response doesn't mean it hasn't been read and appreciated. beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Now playing (since it comes after that one in my media software) is Wild Africa - Christopher Gunning

Extremely unoriginal, but very enjoyable.

Spot on! And incredibly enjoyable album too. Away from the Barry riffs there's some quite funky tracks. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Beowulf (Silvestri)

I love the medieval songs, they are so tender and gentle....

And what about the "seduction"? it can't be more Instinc basic-like.

A perfect album, we not more minutes, it's just ok.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: X-Men: The Last Stand - John Powell

First listen! I love the main theme! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    William wrote
    NP: X-Men: The Last Stand - John Powell

First listen! I love the main theme! punk

Sup-er-man!!!!

Just wait til you hear the Phoenix Theme! One of the finest themes I've ever heard!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    I've heard it and love it! beer punk