• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009 edited
    I've just counted the number of times the word "groundbreaking" comes up on the previous page and I added up to 21... oops now it's 22.

Earthquake (John Williams)

rolleyes

(not really though, just kidding, I don't have that score)
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    ^
    I love the theme. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    As Pawel said, I only did that because of Sunil's absurd (though hopefully tongue-in-cheek) claim that Van Helsing is "groundbreaking".

Ah, missed that. That is indeed absurd!

-Erik-

In little Sun-il Jim's defence he has said in the past that he refers to 'groundbreaking' as in it's a LOUD, POUNDING, EARTHSHAKING score worth turning the stereo up to 11 for.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Yes, that's right, he did. smile

Whatever he comments we should interpret it literally, seriously! Like he does!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    ^
    I love the theme. cool

Earthquake Main Theme
  2. Your groundbreaking Youtube-link only leads to earth-shattering nothingness Tim.

Or is that the whole point?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri

Ah, ok. I did see those sites but was wondering if you knew of cheaper deals. Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Your groundbreaking Youtube-link only leads to earth-shattering nothingness Tim.

Or is that the whole point?

No, I've re-checked it out and I've written the link accurately. It sometimes does this to me, something to do with my server.

Anyone else want to try posting the link and see if it works?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : NIGHTWING - Henry Mancini

One of my favourite scores bought this year, very subtle and suspenceful and yet very 'warm' ( the brass writing ), a very nostalgic 1970's sounding score but I really like that so this is a winner for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGretta
    NP: Powaqqatsi - Philip Glass

Not as good as the other two Qatsi-scores, but still great IMO.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    I can play that opening track with the purcussion and 'children's' voices over and over again, I absolutely love that one track but I'd agree that overall it's not as rewarding as the other two, Koyaaniqatsi being the very best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGretta
    ^
    I agree, I think it is a great piece filled with joy. I have to say that my favourite parts are the three Anthems.

Koyaanisqatsi remains one of Glass' absolute masterpieces.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY - Alex North

I enjoyed playing this so much yesterday I just had to give it another spin cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    ^
    I love the theme. cool

Earthquake Main Theme

No joy with that link, Tim.

Try this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbfZWVSF180

Looks like the links are case dependent.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    smile beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote
    Welcome back, man. So how are you feeling after your ordeal?

And what is that you're playing? Your very own playlist of kickass MOH themes? smile

Feeling better each day my friend , THX ... wink

This compilation can be found 'out there' if you're looking for it .
    I have all the original MoH CDs , but this compilation rocks as well !
    Dunno who compiled it though ...
    Here's the tracklist :

01. Medal Of Honor Main Theme
    02. Taking Out The Railgun
    03. The Radar Train
    04. Rjuken Sabotage
    05. Underground - Escape From Casablanca
    06. Underground - Labyrinth Of The Minotaur
    07. Underground - The Battle Of Monte Cassino
    08. Underground - The Motorcycle Chase
    09. Frontline - Manor House Rally
    10. Frontline - The Halftrack Chase
    11. Frontline - The Rowhouses
    12. Frontline - Sturmgeist's Armored Train
    13. Frontline - Escaping Gotha
    14. Allied Assault - 10a Action
    15. Allied Assault - Aircraft Facility
    16. Allied Assault - Main Theme
    17. Allied Assault - Schmerzen 01F
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MARS ATTACKS - Danny Elfman

Just a few tracks ( I can't digest the whole thing ), I just love that main titles march. cool
  3. NP: "Escape / Chase / Saying Goodbye" - E.T. - John Williams

Fast on the heels of Goldsmith's "The Monster Tractor" from Supergirl, I'm lucky to be listening to some great music tonight. (I should be, these are part of my "favourites" playlist!)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And all damn fine tracks. cool

NP : STAR TREK II : THE WRATH OF KHAN - James Horner

Someone will have to crowbar this out of my player. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: At World's End - Hans Zimmer

Haven't listen to this one in quite a long time. Great Album. Epic, dramatic, thematic, tender, melodic, ethnically diverse, and very entertaining. Very enjoyable from beginning to end, just the the movies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Right Stuff - Bill Conti

FANTASTIC!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    Southall wrote

FANTASTIC!

In all honesty, after listening to the new Varese CD I'd rather spin the LSO re-recording.

NP: Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life - Alan Silvestri

I like this score. Big, bold main theme (something completely missing from GI Joe) and some really solid orcehstral/synth mixes. "Flower Pagoda Battle" is an action highlight while "Pandora's Box" goes down as one of Silvestri's career highlights.

I'm currently spinning a custom old school 32 minute Varese highlight playlist that plays very well.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

FANTASTIC!

In all honesty, after listening to the new Varese CD I'd rather spin the LSO re-recording.

That's what I was spinning in fact!

(And I like Silvestri's Tomb Raider score too. I didn't like it at first, but over time it grew on me a lot. I like your idea of paring the album down a bit - might try the same.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

That's what I was spinning in fact!

Aha!

Southall wrote
    (And I like Silvestri's Tomb Raider score too. I didn't like it at first, but over time it grew on me a lot. I like your idea of paring the album down a bit - might try the same.)

Here's my playlist...

Opening (1:39)
    Shark Attack (3:18)
    Arrival in China (1:46)
    Escape from Chen (4:19)
    Flower Pagoda Battle (5:45)
    Skydive Getaway (2:11)
    The Cradle of Life (6:33)
    Pandora's Box (5:24)
    Not Meant to Be Found (0:45)
    Lara Croft - Tomb Raider (0:51)

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. I'll be sure to put that playlist to use when my copy of Tomb Raider 2 arrives from SAE, along with the long awaited Star Trek II. KHAAAAAAAA........ damn, must resist ! crazy shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm having another listen to "Lonely are the Brave." The theme definitely belongs on a compilation. I've kind of got an itch to watch the movie again. It has been awhile since I've seen it.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  5. It's gonna be soon released on DVD in the States. They say that they released the score to be near the DVD release.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Southall wrote

Couldn't agree more.

What you couldn't agree? with my "groundbreaking theory"? or with my opinion on Van Helsing?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Timmer wrote

In little Sun-il Jim's defence he has said in the past that he refers to 'groundbreaking' as in it's a LOUD, POUNDING, EARTHSHAKING score worth turning the stereo up to 11 for.

There you are, Timmy! applause Well done! you are the only person who understood my groundbreaking theory very well. Keep it UP! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I love Forrest Gump as much as the next guy, but is it any groundbreaking?

Of course, Forrest Gump is not groundbreaking score, its quite melodious and great dramatic score ever composed by Silvestri. Pawel, you have to learn lot from me, especially about groundbreaking theory.