• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Howard Shore

This is definitely groundbreaking score. Nobody can argue against my opinion and theory. angry
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote

This is definitely groundbreaking score.

Actually I don't think it is. Don't get me wrong, what Shore provided is excellent but to be honest it really is the sort of score you'd immediately expect to hear in a film like that. Extremely well written - just a little... generic? In any case, it certainly doesn't deserve quite the level of praise it typically received on its initial release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Sunil wrote

This is definitely groundbreaking score. Nobody can argue against my opinion and theory. angry

Are you still operating with your definition of 'groundbreaking'? This is confusing now. In future I would appreciate it if you could use some symbol like groundbreaking* to denote the context.

* as in earth shatteringly loud music [ © Sunil 2009 ]
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Lonely Are The Brave - Jerry Goldsmith

Gets better and better with each listen!
    Classic! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    BhelPuri wrote

Are you still operating with your definition of 'groundbreaking'? This is confusing now.

Let me clear your confusion. Yes, i am still operating with my groundbreaking theory. Apart from being funny or absurd (whatever, Erik and Southall call this), i would like to tell one thing that this LOTR is true masterpiece by Howard Shore. A composer need great skill and talent to compose this kind of music. LOTR music is really immortal. For many years from now, it will be unforgettable epic score by Howard Shore.

Have a groundbreaking day! biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  1. Atham wrote
    NP: Lonely Are The Brave - Jerry Goldsmith

Gets better and better with each listen!
    Classic! cool

Yes, it does get better and better with each listen, when you realize what Goldsmith does with the theme, which is really soul of the score (more than some of his other scores, maybe?)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Afrika - Wataru Hokoyama

One of the most addictive themes ever. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BEN-HUR - Miklos Rozsa

No. Comment. Needed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Indeed. No comment needed.

Just sit back and soak up the awesomeness! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A groundbreaking work would be something like "A Streetcar Named Desire," "King Kong," "Rhapsody in Blue," or "The Rite of Spring."
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Conan The Barbarian - Basil Poledouris

The "Riders Of Doom" theme is one of the best ever! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    A groundbreaking work would be something like "A Streetcar Named Desire," "King Kong," "Rhapsody in Blue," or "The Rite of Spring."
    Thomas

Don't worry about it Tom, Sun-il Jim makes it up as he goes along.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

Sun-il Jim

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

Fantastic! The whole blammed score is fantastic!!! punk

Seeing your post really made me want to put this one on but ( wouldjas believe ) it's the only score that I have out on loan right now rolleyes

NP : MEDICINE MAN - Jerry Goldsmith

Next up? Something Basil methinks!??
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Seeing your post really made me want to put this one on but ( wouldjas believe ) it's the only score that I have out on loan right now

I always freezing freezing whenever I loan a CD or a DVD. There´s people out there that think of cd´s/dvd´s as beermats.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeap! I learnt that the hard way.

I only loan CD's, DVD's etc to friends who treasure these things as much as I do.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER - Basil Poledouris

Long time no play. Great score. cool
  2. I read the novel recently (played the score a lot after that) and hopefully will get the movie next week along with other classics.

The Hunt for Red October suffers from a rather disjointed release though. A lot of cues aren't present and the sequencing doesn't belong to the most amazing, does it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, though very enjoyable it is disjointed. I don't remember there being much more music in the film but it has been a long time since I've seen it. A shame Alec Baldwin didn't ( couldn't? ) continue as Ryan.
  3. Harrison Ford was very good though. I started to read and love Clancy novels recently. I must say that two of my dreamt film projects (with me at the helm that is) are adaptations of Clancy's Cardinal of the Kremlin (good spy novel with a very broad political background) and his Rainbow Six (antiterrorist tactical unit, been in love with those for a while).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes, Ford was good too but I would have liked the continuity of Baldwin remaining through the films. I didn't like Affleck at all.
  4. Affleck has the charisma of wooden bench, I'm afraid. The only thing he has in common with Jack Ryan is the everyman look. Clancy is VERY careful to create Jack Ryan as a very normal human being in abnormal circumstances.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Affleck is only marginally less wooden than Keanu Reeves.

NP : FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE - John Barry

Superb!
    •  
      CommentAuthorChrK
    Just listening to Pat Doyle's Nim's Island. Surprisingly robust and rousing little score! ****
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DemonStar wrote

A great score and one of my all time fav's !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Seeing your post really made me want to put this one on but ( wouldjas believe ) it's the only score that I have out on loan right now

I always freezing freezing whenever I loan a CD or a DVD. There´s people out there that think of cd´s/dvd´s as beermats.

I never , ever loan things out !
    I'm way to secure with my stuff and there are some folks out there that are using CDs / DVDs as a frisbee or like the above , a beermat ! I can take out my very first CD that I ever bought and show everybody proudly that there isn't a scratch on it ... biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  5. I can't recall anyone being interested enough in anything of mine that would make them to want to borrow it!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009 edited
    NP: Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 - Bear mcCreary

Can't get enough of this!!! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009
    NP: Hook - John Williams

I woke up this morning and heard Flying To Neverland in my head very clearly! It's weird because I had a dream about Lilo & Stitich director... dizzy

Anyway, love this beautiful score filled with magic and fantasy smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp