• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn, did you get around to playing Sarde's Quest For Fire?

Nope. I thought I had it, but didn't.
    Still in the process of obtaining a copy. Should be able to have a listen somewhere next week.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009 edited
    cool

To be honest I could have sent this to you by now ( along with other stuff ) except that I'm still waiting on a friend to fix my computer, it's a mechanical problem with the darn loading tray ( if I looked and tried to fix it something would go seriously wrong ), he told me he'd be over too see me this weekend but I'm not to hopeful as he's a very busy man.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    NP: THE MUSIC OF STAR TREK...PERFORMED BY THE CITY OF PRAGUE PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA

Thomas

Hummm... I never thought of describing a score as Thomas before. Is that something positive or negative or somewhere in between?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    NP: THE MUSIC OF STAR TREK...PERFORMED BY THE CITY OF PRAGUE PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA

Thomas

Hummm... I never thought of describing a score as Thomas before. Is that something positive or negative or somewhere in between?

-Erik-

It means his opinion is doubtful...i.e. he hasn't decided what he thinks of it yet. biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTiskijukka
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009 edited
    Knowing - Marco Beltrami

This is truly an epic score that manages to capture the cataclysmic yet horribly beatiful feeling of an apocalypse.

Great work all over.

Shame about its filmic context.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Welcome, Tiskijukka! smile beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : RANSOM - Jerry Goldsmith

Damn fine music but the recording is very harsh and high pitched.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote

Yes, welcome Tiski- Tiskey- Tiskejoo-... I'm gonna call you Bob. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yes, welcome Tiski- Tiskey- Tiskejoo-... I'm gonna call you Bob. wave

Brilliant! biggrin

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE CLASSIC FILM SCORES OF Bernard Herrmann

Brilliant recording from Charles Gerhardt, I just had to play the opening track The Death Hunt from On Dangerous Ground a second time....it's incredible!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Brilliant recording from Charles Gerhardt...

But what else? punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is there a bad one? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Is there a bad one? wink

Gerhardt's The Empire Strikes Back recording suffers from less than stellar performances from the brass. Besides that, all the Gerhardt recordings are essential!

-Erik-

PS - Gerhardt's rendition of Herrmann's Aria from Salammbo is one of my all time favorite vocal tracks!
  1. Hans Zimmer - The Lion King

Without the songs. Time to revisit it. I always loved the score because of its emotional value, though technically it has many drawbacks.

bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Is there a bad one? wink

Gerhardt's The Empire Strikes Back recording suffers from less than stellar performances from the brass. Besides that, all the Gerhardt recordings are essential!

-Erik-

PS - Gerhardt's rendition of Herrmann's Aria from Salammbo is one of my all time favorite vocal tracks!

Sublime! And sung by Kiri Te Kanawa no less.
  2. Hadn't been in the mood until now, about a week later, to play "Big Wednesday", since I got it then. In track 6 now. Nice orchestra score. Miss Basil's voice.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    justin boggan wrote
    Miss Basil's voice.

Was just thinking the same thing the other day on hearing the Legend Of Butch And Sundance main theme. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    Miss Basil's voice.

Who is Miss Basil?

-Erik-
  3. An idiot's misreading, for $500, Alex?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009 edited
    NP: POTC: At World's End (Zimmer)

(Suites included)

THANKS ZIMMER TO GIVE TO YOUR FANS A SCORE LIKE THIS! WE ASKED FOR THIS YEARS, AND YEARS.... THAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU!

Muppet treasure island, Pearl Harhor, Spirit, Matchstick men, The Holiday, Peacemaker, Black Rain and King Artur = At world's End.

"I don't thing know is the best time" is his best action theme ever (Yes, better than Peacemaker's chase and "The battle" from Gladiator ).

This score has one memorable (or addictive, choose what you want )theme after another, and the orchestrations are amazing.

I could say wonders about this score hours and hours.....perhaps I will do my own review in "jordi's ragbag" tongue
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Miss Basil's voice.

Who is Miss Basil?

-Erik-

beer

I had the same thought actually biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    An idiot's misreading, for $500, Alex?

You're a dick with no sense of humor.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

Thomas

-Erik-

It was one of those let's just listen to it and keep an open mind and see how I feel about it.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: ALLEN QUATERMAIN AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD...Michael Linn

A nice score from a composer (died from cancer in 1995) who I wasn't familiar with at all. Includes the Goldsmith theme from King Solomon's Mines. Overall, a pleasant listening experience.

Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote

-Erik-

Ahhhh.....love is in the air!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009 edited
    Yes, I can already hear Nino Rota's theme from Romeo & Juliet cheesy wink

Erik is right though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: THE RUNAWAY TRAIN....Trevor JonesAn 80's rock/funk score all the way.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote

-Erik-

Ahhhh.....love is in the air!

bunny