• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Alien Vs Predator : Requiem

Probably, Tyler best action score.

really? it gave me a headache

Me too! ....and I bought the ruddy thing due to recommendations on this board slant crazy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

All his scores gaves headache, but this at least has some coherence with the 2 characters involveds.
  1. Nautilus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

All his scores gaves headache, but this at least has some coherence with the 2 characters involveds.

which are the characters then? The Alien and the Predator? wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

which are the characters then? The Alien and the Predator? wink

Of course, I can't remember any other character in this movie. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : The Longest Day : The Ultimate World War Movie Theme Collection (Silva Screen)

Four CDs full of glorious war movie themes !
    They're re-recordings , I know - and some of you hate those (I'm mentioning no names lol) ,
    but I'm having good fun going through the discs . So many great tunes , I'm whistling and humming away here ! biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Timmer wrote
    Me too! ....and I bought the ruddy thing due to recommendations on this board slant crazy

That should of learned you something ... biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Eric wrote
    Timmer wrote

That should of learned you something ... biggrin wink

Yeap. You better don't follow the recomendations of:

Demetris about Tyler.
    Erik about Williams
    Southall about Horner.
    Nautilus about Zimmer
    Justin about Clemmensen.

moon
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeap! Don't buy Brian Tyler noise fest action scores.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    The Hunted is Tylers best action score! In fact, i'm gonna play it later this evening. So good is it!
    Kazoo
  2. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Take A Hard Ride (Jerry Goldsmith)

First ever listen and I already like it.

This listens much more like the Goldsmith I love than Lonely Are The Brave. smile

plus what a THEME punk

Agreed! It's rollicking fun.

And what a theme this one has:

Congo (Jerry Goldsmith)

Splendid 90s adventuring music by the master. The theme alone and the song performed by Lebo M is what sold it for me.
    The action music is nothing extraordinary, but it does the trick. Even standard Goldsmith is god-damned exciting!!!!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote
    Congo (Jerry Goldsmith)

Splendid 90s adventuring music by the master. The theme alone and the song performed by Lebo M is what sold it for me.
    The action music is nothing extraordinary, but it does the trick. Even standard Goldsmith is god-damned exciting!!!!!

I couldn't agree more ! One of my fav's !

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

Indeed! I was thinking particularly about the sublime John Goldfarb, Please Come Home.

beer

We are on the same wave length.

-Erik-

People that aren't insane usually are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Lair (Debney)

My "own" Lord of the Rings score.

A hugely thematic and diverse score. My all time favourite score for objective and for personal reasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote
    The Hunted is Tylers best action score! In fact, i'm gonna play it later this evening. So good is it!

Listen to Bregt... he knows what he is talking about!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

rolleyes

Why do you always have to compare one score to another? Just enjoy for what it is.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

Bear with me here, but Lord of the Rings is my own Lord of the Rings score. I'm an innovator, I know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

-Erik-

It's Darkness falls!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

-Erik-

It's Darkness falls!

I wouldn't classify that as an ACTION score! It's a horror score! A good one at that and one of Tyler's finest!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

-Erik-

It's Darkness falls!

I wouldn't classify that as an ACTION score! It's a horror score! A good one at that and one of Tyler's finest!

-Erik-

I knew someone could answer me this. So i had my answer too: THE HUNTED IS A THRILLER SCORE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

-Erik-

It's Darkness falls!

-Erik-

I knew someone could answer me this. So i had my answer too: THE HUNTED IS A THRILLER SCORE!

The Hunted is an action/thriller. It's also a crime film. A drama. Is there some humor in the film? Then it must also be a comedy. There's some knife throwing... must be a knife film. Waterfalls... I remember a waterfall in the movie. This is most definitely Tyler best waterfall film.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Anthony wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Ditto. Far from his best action score, which probably goes to Eagle Eye.

I tend to listen to his music for the Fast and the Furious series, along with Dragonball Evolution the most.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

-Erik-

It's Darkness falls!

-Erik-

The Hunted is an action/thriller. It's also a crime film. A drama. Is there some humor in the film? Then it must also be a comedy. There's some knife throwing... must be a knife film. Waterfalls... I remember a waterfall in the movie. This is most definitely Tyler best waterfall film.

-Erik-

Wow...I love when one guy is so inteligent to make this kind of ironic comments.

There is much more action material in Darkness fall (including his 9 minutes tour de fource) than in The hunted, but I guess you are not capable to admit an error. tongue
  3. Steven wrote
    Atham wrote
    NP: Mishima - Philip Glass

I've always liked this score.

I'm sure Bear McCreary does too! wink

Surely you're not insinuating that the second track, 'November 25 Morning', is anything like 'Prelude To War' from season 2 of Battlestar Galactica!? shocked

wink

(Actually, although it's clearly been influenced by that track, I think McCreary manages to make it his own and uses it to fantastic effect in the particular scene it was intended for.)

I also think one of the string quartet tracks became the love theme for Kara and Anders in 'A Promise to Return'. Same editor cut the episode, same director, stands to reason they went to the same well. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

rolleyes

Why do you always have to compare one score to another? Just enjoy for what it is.

-Erik-

Much as I like it, with LAIR it's a little harder to keep other scores out of the average description. biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

-Erik-

He does indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    ...but I guess you are not capable to admit an error. tongue

Says he who just flooded the page with quotes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    DreamTheater wrote

This listens much more like the Goldsmith I love than Lonely Are The Brave. smile

Some of us like Lonely Are The Brave
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Still listening to the new La La Land release of Allan Quatermain. I like what he does with the trombone section, giving them a nice workout. My first experience with Michael Linn is a positive one.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  5. sdtom wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Some of us like Lonely Are The Brave

beer

I am one of them.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Shouldn't this post be in the Your Favorite John Williams Score thread?!?!?!?!

-Erik-

Really? then i think you and others also should post your Now Playing John Williams score in my thread called Your all time favorite John Williams score?.

Take care!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.