• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    Like a dog chasing cars - The Dark Knight

Excellent track! Mind blowing music (only if you hear this track on your headphone) biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: Whisper of the Heart - Yuji Nomi

Love this music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: The Kite Runner - Alberto Iglesias

Love this one. Great ethnic material and some really dramatic/powerful stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009 edited
    Twilight Zone: The Movie (Jerry Goldsmith)

I know the overture by heart and since seeing the movie again couple of months ago, I was interested to hear more of the score. What is interesting is every segment of the 4 has its own musical style, dissonant for the first, romantic for the second, mysterious for the third, and terror for the last. But it's most definitely the music I was already familiar with from the overture that I like most. Not sure about the extra tracks though. While it makes for a more complete CD, they could've been left out.

And after this I just had to play something a bit more ballsy.

Superman Returns (John Ottman)

I know this haters on this board. I'm not one of them. It tries to recreate that symphonic epic feeling that exists in the John Williams scores, and to me it sounds like a succesful hommage, with carefully constructed melodies, variations on the classic themes and some awe-inspiring choral moments. Yes even the Brainstorm ripoff. I simply adore the new soft theme for Superman and Lois. And the action cues are powerful.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    DreamTheater wrote

I know this haters on this board. I'm not one of them. It tries to recreate that symphonic epic feeling that exists in the John Williams scores, and to me it sounds like a succesful hommage, with carefully constructed melodies, variations on the classic themes and some awe-inspiring choral moments. Yes even the Brainstorm ripoff. I simply adore the new soft theme for Superman and Lois. And the action cues are powerful.

I like it too. The Williams' themes adaptations could've been better but it's still a very enjoyable score IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote

I know this haters on this board. I'm not one of them. It tries to recreate that symphonic epic feeling that exists in the John Williams scores, and to me it sounds like a succesful hommage,

Tries and fails with a few exceptions.

DreamTheater wrote
    with carefully constructed melodies, variations on the classic themes and some awe-inspiring choral moments.

Variation of Williams' love theme and choral music for Superman heroics = EPIC FAIL!

DreamTheater wrote
    Yes even the Brainstorm ripoff.

And Legends of the Fall.

DreamTheater wrote
    I simply adore the new soft theme for Superman and Lois.

That's not even a melody.

DreamTheater wrote
    And the action cues are powerful.

The action cues are solid even though they are quite disjointed.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I like it too. The Williams' themes adaptations could've been better but it's still a very enjoyable score IMO.

Lutor motif is really addicive. This score has his moments for sure..

NP:The fan (Zimmer)

The first inetent to do : Hannibal, the ring and the Dark Knight

I really like Zimmer distorsions here, and the "ingenuity" theme is really beautiful (if out of place)
  1. NP: Adoration (Mychael Danna)

A searing main theme holds this score together. 'Scroll' is such a fine cue to end an album with.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Cain's Hundred - Jerry (Jerrald) Goldsmith

Great stuff to be found here!
    Early television Goldsmith is leagues better than many other TV scores of the time.
    Nice surprise this release. Right out of left field! Never even heard of this series till now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

blablabla

-Erik-

Knew this would get you of your lair, like a predator, hunting, waiting for the kill. Now when do we get to see the fight dammit?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Dawn of the Dead (Zombi) - Goblin

Love it or hate it , but I love it !
    At the time , 'Dawn ...' was the very first zombie movie I ever saw and I just loved it .
    I can't count how many times I've seen it - the European Cut , Director's Cut etc ...
    Stylistically , this OST covers a lot of ground going from heavy bass and drums , intricate percussion to propulsive electro-rock with plenty of guitar - to tribal drums and chanting - to soft piano music .
    On the whole , the album is imaginatively played and arranged .
    If you have this one in your collection together with all the library tracks you've got the ultimate 'Dawn' OST and it ROCKS !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Atham wrote
    NP: Cain's Hundred - Jerry (Jerrald) Goldsmith

Great stuff to be found here!
    Early television Goldsmith is leagues better than many other TV scores of the time.
    Nice surprise this release. Right out of left field! Never even heard of this series till now!

I really enjoy this one. Caught me by surprise too (having also never even heard of it).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

blablabla

-Erik-

Knew this would get you of your lair, like a predator, hunting, waiting for the kill. Now when do we get to see the fight dammit?

Yeah... it's just one of those scores that makes my ears bleed!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Lost Season 1 (GIACCHINO)

It remains my favourite album of the whole show.

Ok, Season 3 is much more thematic and diverse, but season 1 has some mysthical sense. The synthetiser with ethnic instrumentation and Giacchino's trademark makes this score a real listening experience.

But this saga gave us so many great themes: juliet's , the Island, Kate's, Oceanic six's, ben's, Demond & Penny.....
  2. Erik Woods wrote

Yeah... it's just one of those scores that makes my ears bleed!

-Erik-

Fair enough. Can't please everyone all the time. wink
  3. I enjoy the Superman Returns score. But the movie had a few lows definitely - like casting Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane and the two of them having a love-child. But other than that. The special effects were awesome. And I thought John Ottman did the best job he could have - working with one of the most iconic themes ever created in film music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I thought John Ottman did the best job he could have - working with one of the most iconic themes ever created in film music.

Now... for one brief moment... imagine if some one like Joel McNeely scored that film.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I enjoy the Superman Returns score. But the movie had a few lows definitely - like casting Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane and the two of them having a love-child. But other than that. The special effects were awesome. And I thought John Ottman did the best job he could have - working with one of the most iconic themes ever created in film music.

I agree with everything you said.

Do you have boyfriend?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    it seems i'm not passionate for Zimmer's scores in the last months.....But it's not true!!!

I LOVE ZIMMER!

I want to talk more with u! the SoniCinemad talk was when I talked to little english!

NP: The Dark Knight (Zimmer)

Batman begins was a big dissapointment, one of the biggest dissapointments in my life. The Dark Knight is epic, improved and touching.

I simply love the 2 notes variation, more powerful and epic. "a Dark Knight" is my favourite adaggio from Zimmer (Including "journey to the line")
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I enjoy the Superman Returns score. But the movie had a few lows definitely - like casting Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane and the two of them having a love-child. But other than that. The special effects were awesome. And I thought John Ottman did the best job he could have - working with one of the most iconic themes ever created in film music.

Do you have boyfriend?

Good lord. face-palm-mt

NP: probably one of the most flat and uninspired versions of Jerry Goldsmith's theme from Star Trek: The Motion Picture. It comes from an album entitled Pops Out Of This World performed by the Boston Pops and conducted by John Williams. vomit

-Erik-
  4. Nautilus wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote

Do you have boyfriend?

JORDI, SHE IS MARRIED!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I thought John Ottman did the best job he could have - working with one of the most iconic themes ever created in film music.

Now... for one brief moment... imagine if some one like Joel McNeely scored that film.

I don´t know; McNeely had a chance to do his very own Williams style score (Shadows of the Empire), and blew it by overcomposing. At least Ottman had the decency not to try to outdo Williams. Yeah, the score is nothing special, but it served its purpose for the even less special movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote

I don´t know; McNeely had a chance to do his very own Williams style score (Shadows of the Empire), and blew it by overcomposing.

Uh-huh! rolleyes

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    At least Ottman had the decency not to try to outdo Williams. Yeah, the score is nothing special, but it served its purpose for the even less special movie.

No, it didn't. It was awful!

-Erik-
  6. I guess it would have been worse if it had not even a hint Williams' original themes. So I'd say we can count our blessings for that at least. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I guess it would have been worse if it had not even a hint Williams' original themes. So I'd say we can count our blessings for that at least. smile

True. That was the best decision they made.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    McNeely had a chance [..] and blew it by overcomposing.

If that's the case, I sure wish we had more overcomposed scores being released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote

Do you have boyfriend?

JORDI, SHE IS MARRIED!

With who?

James?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    face-palm-mt

and we do need a 'hole digging' emoticon
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    With jordi, we need a black hole emoticon.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That would work just as well, I like emoticons that have multiple uses and make great combinations with others.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt