• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQtSlnat … r_embedded

biggrin punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yep, I watched that episode tonight.

Entertaining for sure, but Schumacher is not The Stig.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He is NOT?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009 edited
    Well, I'm pretty sure Schumacher is not The Stig. I don't think the BBC would be able to afford to pay for Schumacher and Schumacher probably wouldn't have the time to work on the show every week, especially considering he doesn't live in the UK (presumably?)

He was also listed as a "guest star", so add that to the fact that it seems a little far-fetched anyway, it does seem a might unlikely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well he's OFF F1 for the past 2-3 years, he's retired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Indeed, but that doesn't mean he sits at home all day twiddling his thumbs. Apparently he's an ambassador for UNESCO, and I think he's still involved with Ferrari somehow. I'm sure a man as rich as he has many other things to be doing!

Still seems too far-fetched to me.
  1. Having watched Top Gear I don't think that Schumacher is The Stig either. Schumacher was what should have been the "star in the reasonably priced car" and I think that they just decided to play around with this whole game of the real identity of The Stig.

...and don't forget his role as the Bacardi Ambassador!! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    damned
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What was the music used in the train/car/bike sequence tonight, anyone know?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Oh Christ, loads!

There was War of the Worlds (The Intersection Scene), Titus, The Dark Knight (The Joker's Theme)... and quite a few more that escape memory (a couple I couldn't place, and it pissed me off! dizzy )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Oh Christ, loads!

There was War of the Worlds (The Intersection Scene), Titus, The Dark Knight (The Joker's Theme)... and quite a few more that escape memory (a couple I couldn't place, and it pissed me off! dizzy )

I recognised some of it too and I'd bet what you couldn't place is what I want to know!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They definitely played Giacchino's Star Trek too. But I think that's as far as my memory will allow me to go.
  2. like who cares?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fans of Top Gear and film music. (Depending on which subject you're referring to.)
  3. Steven wrote
    Fans of Top Gear and film music. (Depending on which subject you're referring to.)

Top Gear wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah tits; i SO wanted him to actually BE Michael S! Are they capable of cheating the world like that?

Um; note to self: yes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'M STIG!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    They definitely played Giacchino's Star Trek too. But I think that's as far as my memory will allow me to go.

Yup, there was Nero Sighted, there was also Farrel Is In from Die Hard 4, and a few other bits I didn't recognise.

Timmer wrote
    I'M STIG!

No, I AM.

If you watch the end of the episode they conclude he isn't.

I don't think it should ever be revealed frankly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009 edited
    Stig is a common Norwegian name. What is it doing in a British TV show about cars?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stig of The Dump is a popular childrens book here.

Stig is also a hippy name. I'd bet money there'll be a few Stig's at Glastonbury along with they're mates Spider, Gizmo, Swampy & Diesel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Stig is a common Norwegian name. What is it doing in a British TV show about cars?

Obviously making fun of Norwegians? wink :P

Or sending to STING without the 'n'
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Stig of The Dump is a popular childrens book here.

Stig is also a hippy name. I'd bet money there'll be a few Stig's at Glastonbury along with they're mates Spider, Gizmo, Swampy & Diesel.

Interesting. I didn't know that it was used in the UK at all. There's a difference, though. I'm sure you pronounce it with a short 'i'. Up here, it's a long 'i' (Steeg).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You are spot on Thor.
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Go to this site to find every piece of music used on the Top Gear show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ranietz wrote

Holy crap! shocked

That's the nerdiest thing I've ever seen! (And one of the most useful things too... so many times I've frustrated myself by not recognizing a piece of film music from Top Gear. slant )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "song lists" !?!?

There's some pretty good music used in top gear throughout btw.

But the nerdiest thing being that forum? I think the 4 trombones project outdoes it wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ranietz wrote

Excellent! beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    But the nerdiest thing being that forum? I think the 4 trombones project outdoes it wink

Wahoo!

It's not up any more, but I'll go through it all again and include season 5 later in the year. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Wahoo!

It's not up any more, but I'll go through it all again and include season 5 later in the year. wink

Love it mate smile