• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    To me, one and only "Spiderman". I can't think or imagine about others. Maybe i have slight corner for "Phantom", but i don't admire that much as i admire "Spiderman". I liked "The Dark Knight", mainly because of outstanding performance of Heath Ledger as Joker and excellent background score by Hans and James, apart from that Batman is not at all my favorite super hero.

Have a nice day!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I always adored Batman!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009 edited
    Batman- I was obsessed as a kid. Killed the batman VHS. Had the mask and cape. Wore it in public all the time. Flew an imaginary bat jet around the playground humming Elfman's Batman theme when I was in high school wink. Kidding, definitely pre-k. smile

The Shadow- Another hero I've always enjoyed. Perhaps because he has so much in common with Batman, Batman very much inspired by him. Have about 100 episode of the radio show. Loved the (1994) movie as a kid. Has some great moments, but really very poorly directed.
    Looked forward to Raimi's go though. I hope he uses Neeson. Craig wouldn't be bad. That is, if he can laugh. wink
    http://home.comcast.net/~cjh5801a/images/shad6.gif

Zorro- Not sure if he can actually be called a superhero. I definitely wouldn't classify Indiana Jones or Bond as one. Zorro though, does have a more traditional superhero costume. The swashbuckling adventurer has always been very entertaining. Grew up watching the black and white show. The Mask of Zorro was absolutely fantastic. The Legend of Zorro was completely forgettable though losing the dark and dramatic story of its former. Maybe it was the absence of Sir Anthony Hopkins. The Mask of Zorro did have one of my favorite villains though, Captain Love..
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Sunil wrote
    To me, one and only "Spiderman". I can't think or imagine about others. Maybe i have slight corner for "Phantom", but i don't admire that much as i admire "Spiderman". I liked "The Dark Knight", mainly because of outstanding performance of Heath Ledger as Joker and excellent background score by Hans and James, apart from that Batman is not at all my favorite super hero.

Have a nice day!

I have no love for the Spider-man films. For me super-hero's should be glorious in battle and such. There a to be fricken awesome at all times. In every Spider-man film, in every battle, Spidey loses his mask and I have to watch Toby the entire time. Seriously, there is nothing bad a** about Toby. He is not cool. He is a pussy, and makes noises a woman makes. wink, but not really.
    Plus, Venom, my all time favorite Spider-man villain totally got jipped in Spider-man 3. I mean, what the hell. Who gives a f*** about the Sand-man??? And what is with the Emo Toby crap?? c'mon... :/
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I really enjoyed The Punisher movie with Tom Jane (Great Score too).
    Iron Man was a lot of fun due solely to Robert Downey Jr.

Can not wait for THOR

I better stop posting before I crash something... ;
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Jack-Jack is my favorite

biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Miya wrote
    Jack-Jack is my favorite

biggrin

Word.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I had many favourites, The Hulk, Spidey, The Silver Surfer, Thor ( the classic Lee / Kirby years and later, Walt Simonson ) etc. Batman never interested me until Frank Miller came along, the same goes for Daredevil, once Frank was aboard it became 'must have' reading.

Superman was just always toooooo super and goody-goody for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I always like how they put the difference between Bats and Supes in the shortlived early 90s revivcal of the Superman-Batman adventures:
    "Batman is the bane of all evil, Superman is the antithesis of all evil".

I think that's the nail on the head.
    I always prefered Batman in the seventies, when he returned from being a camp goody two-shoes to being a master detective and a driven man (rather than the nigh-psychopath later decades made him out as) in ome really powerfully scripted stories, and Superman from the nineties onwards, when John Byrne -of decadelong Fantastic Four fame- came onboard and basicially redrafted the Superman myth to include and address more morally dubious issues (the issue in which Superman is forced to kill is a powerhouse of storytelling).

As for comic book heroes, it's hard to beat Superman and Batman, with -as said- the latter's seventies incarnation being my favourite.
    I have always like the sixties Flash as well, as he seemed always, more than any other true superhero, grounded in his down-to-earth alter ego Barry Allen.

But I have to go with Spidey as my perennial favourite. There's just something about the wisecracks, the not uncommon failures and the sheer amount of obstacles in ordinary life as well as in superhero life that makes the bloke likeable beyond all others.

As for the films.
    Superman.
    No contest.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten about John Byrne's run on Superman.

The seventies Batman is something I missed out on and from the little you've mentioned it sounds interesting? I'm guessing this is from around the time Neil Adams was the big artistic force at DC. I remember reading stuff like Green Lantern and Green Arrow which tackled issues like drugs and racism, the shift where DC needed to catch up with the "realism" of Marvel and move away from the cheesy fair of 'Super Friends' and the like. DC finally tidied up it's universe ( sweeping away such rubbish as Super Dog ) with the epic 'Crisis On Infinite Worlds'.

Damn! I feel like pulling loads of boxes out of the attic. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten about John Byrne's run on Superman.

The seventies Batman is something I missed out on and from the little you've mentioned it sounds interesting?

I guess you would find it interesting.
    In fact the very same team you admire dragging Green Lantern into the 20th century is the very same team that revamped the Batman: Neal Adams & Dennis O'Neil!!

My old comics -well, not even mine, they were my dad's- have been completely torn to shreds from over(ab)use, sadly... but I found there are entire communities on the web digitizing comics old and new alike, and I have been able to refind all my originals (and then some)!

As there are a number of digital comics readers out there as well, I now enjoy a read through those old comics in the comfort of my study almost as much as I did thirty years ago with a flashlight under the blankets. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Jerry Goldsmith and John Williams.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah. Deadman and Starman.
  1. Martijn wrote
    Ah. Deadman and Starman.

shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Definitely Superman, as portrayed by the great Christopher Reeve.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christopher Nolan made BATMAN my favorite.

And Sam Raimi made Spiderman my least.

Srsly though: You do know Ceiling cat could kick those gents' bottoms anytime, don't you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ironically, I was never a big fan of Thor. Sure, I like the Norse God himself, but not that "glossy", Americanized image of him that the comic book was. Norwegian interpretations are more similar to....I don't know....Conan, perhaps?

I was a devoted comic book reader as a kid, and the favourite (next to Donald Duck, obviously) was The Phantom. For some reason, he's far more popular in Scandinavian countries than its country of origin. Lee Falk's creation has gone through various stylistic permutations over the years, and my favourite is unquestionably the pen of Hans Lindahl. I SEVERELY disliked Jaime Valvée's work. Falk's original work was so-so. The film adaptation sucked donkey's ass! Billy Zane as The Phantom!?? Are you kidding me? What's next, Dame Edna as BATMAN?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Donald Duck

shocked

How could we forget The PENULTIMATE antihero!

Donald FOR EVER!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed, i have to agree with that; Donald Duck accompanied my upbringing since day 1. That is clearly a work of a genius, nothing we find these days of fast-food, forgettable entertainment.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Why hasn't Mr Incredible been mentioned? sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    'Cause his little son is way cooler wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And his wife is way hotter?

That is the first and last time I ever talk about an animated character like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A lot talk like that about Lois wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ah. Deadman and Starman.

I laughed.

I shouldn't have.... shame

But I laughed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    A lot talk like that about Lois wink

I know!? What's up with that? Why are these people hot?? cry

I feel... wrong.

edit; bloody hell Timmer, I had to edit my post so it didn't look as though I was replying to you. If I had a nickel for every time.. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't get why LOIS is hot, either. But it's not the first time people are turned on by animated stuff, the japanese are jizzing their pants with 3d erotica (or how they call it) for years now wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And Francine.

Jesus, we need help.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    jizzing their pants

Most overused quote of the week! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    jizzing their pants

Most SPOT-ON.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    jizzing their pants

Most SPOT-ON.

Don't most people want to know how to get the spot off!?