• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009
    Just one small slip of the tongue...

(Read into that what you will.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Oh my WORD!

It's snuff!
    You really, officially use SNUFF again? And it's HIP???
    That's BRILLIANT!!!

It really has very little in common with that ancient "snuff", except that it's also some kind of tobacco that you put under your lip. Those old things contained pieces of GLASS, for heaven's sake!There is no spitting or baking or mess involved (although you MAY buy it in a "bake-it-yourself" mold as well). Very clean tobacco in clean paper bags. It's VERY, VERY common in Norway and Sweden. The sale rocketed after we passed our public smoking ban (for smokers craving the nicotine rush) a few years ago, but also common among people like myself, who have never smoked. Men and women alike. It comes in many different forms and shapes.

He, he...I always find it amusing to explain what is very commonplace up here to people who have no connection to it. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote

He, he...I always find it amusing to explain what is very commonplace up here to people who have no connection to it. smile

Same for us Brits and awesomeness.

<awaits Martijn's witty rebuttal>
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    It really has very little in common with that ancient "snuff", except that it's also some kind of tobacco that you put under your lip. Those old things contained pieces of GLASS, for heaven's sake!

confused

How the hell could you put it under your lip if it used to contain glass?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    confused

How the hell could you put it under your lip if it used to contain glass?

Well, they are TINY, TINY pieces of glass, of course, that were designed to open the pores so that the nicotine could flow more easily into your system . Of course, it was VERY damaging to your gum (I remember there used to be horror pictures of this in our science books in school), and it was banned many, many years ago, thank God.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So people used to cut themselves to make sure they could better poison themselves.
    I'm aware depression and suicide numbers are higher in Scandinavia than anywhere else in Europe, but YOU guys have elevated it to an ART FORM!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There's a liquor with tiny pieces of gold that does effectively the same thing. Forgot what it's called.
    Pointless fact.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009
    Thankfully I've never tried it
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Steven wrote
    There's a liquor with tiny pieces of gold that does effectively the same thing. Forgot what it's called.
    Pointless fact.

forgot to quote
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    So people used to cut themselves to make sure they could better poison themselves.
    I'm aware depression and suicide numbers are higher in Scandinavia than anywhere else in Europe, but YOU guys have elevated it to an ART FORM!

Actually, I think this was a pretty common ingredient in all kinds of snuff at the time, even in those old Westerns where you see cowboys spitting the stuff in jars at bars.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    Steven wrote
    Pointless fact.

forgot to quote

biggrin applause biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Actually, I think this was a pretty common ingredient in all kinds of snuff at the time, even in those old Westerns where you see cowboys spitting the stuff in jars at bars.

Ah, but that's not snuff: that's chew, or dipping tobacco!
    The reason it was spat, was due to excess juices and saliva from chewing!

I think the death toll in the old West may have been a heck of a lot higher had they been chewing ground glass...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Steven wrote
    Pointless fact.

forgot to quote

biggrin applause biggrin

Oh.
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Thor wrote

Same for us Brits and awesomeness.

<awaits Martijn's witty rebuttal>

lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

haha indeed! Those clouds, those all-day-sunlight half the year, all-day-night the other half, the satanists and black metalheads burning down churches, the emos, the goths, my GOD what a place! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote

haha indeed! Those clouds, those all-day-sunlight half the year, all-day-night the other half, the satanists and black metalheads burning down churches, the emos, the goths, my GOD what a place! biggrin

..and don't forget: Polar bears walking the streets of our cities! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    beer (<-- diet)