• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009
    Dear All,

Its really shocking and bad news for the millions of fans of pop music that King of Pop Michael Jackson died at LA hospital at the age of 50. He was one of the greatest pop singer ever seen by billions of people in the world. Since his childhood, his contribution towards music was tremendous and immortal ones. His most memorable works are Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, Off the Wall, Blood on Dance Floor and History of Michael Jackson. . He donated millions of money for development of children in poor countries. For quick reference, click below link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson

Let us pay tribute to great musician and singer.

May his soul rest in peace.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009 edited
    Wow, I was really suprised when I read the news that he passed away. There is no doubt that he was the king of pop in the early eighties. I really like his Thriller album hits. I remember that I was really scared watching his Thriller clip, with all those zombies and such. I love the duets with Paul McCartney. Classic, classic stuff. I would have liked to see what would have happened if he still lived and did all those tours... would he have managed to 'come back'?
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I wasn't a fan of his (I don't listen to anything much other than film scores anyway) but there's no doubt he was a musical legend, and 50 is certainly no age to die. RIP... shame
  1. This will border on insensitive, but I'll start with honesty.
    I'm sad, but that's got more to with realising on seeing the media blitz unfold that when Arvo Part eventually leaves us, it will be with nary a hint of the fanfare that mourns the late Michael Jackson.
    As for MJ, I found myself immune to his charm and gifts, bemused by his bizarre exploits, and am left with a feeling familiar to me from the death of Princess Diana, that being: "I'm sorry... did I miss something here?"
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    As for MJ, I found myself immune to his charm and gifts, bemused by his bizarre exploits, and am left with a feeling familiar to me from the death of Princess Diana, that being: "I'm sorry... did I miss something here?"

There are obvious parallels between the two in terms of how the hysteria surrounding them prevented them from leading any kind of decent life, despite all the fame and fortune; and obvious parallels in how that hysteria was, to one extent or another, self-created. But there's a massive difference, too - while one may not have been a fan, Jackson had a great talent which was loved by a large number of people (he was the biggest-selling recording artist of all time!) whereas Princess Diana's fame was as a result of marrying and divorcing our future King, which made the hysteria much harder to understand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I don't know.
    Conversely the case could be made that Jackson was lucky enough to have absolutely worldclass producer Quincy Jones in his corner to propel him to super stardom, most of the world being only aware of him in later decades through cringe-inducing antics widely overstated in leering tabloids, while Diana, by taking for the very first time in British history, an open and well politicised stance against the "unassailable" Royal house, managed in the end to bridge the gap between the monarchy and the people, something long overdue.

Obviously I don't hold with that theory completely either.
    At the end of the day, there's simply a growing trend these last few decades of public outpour of emotion once An Icon dies.
    Me, I couldn't care less either. For me, Michael Jackson was over and done with after 1985.

But I can understand the shock of someone going before their time.
    I think we all feel way more comfortable when people we know from our youngest years, and have looked to as being sort of unassailable (after all, An Icon is immune to mere mortal concerns), die peacefully in their sleep at age 94.

To have them die in their prime (more or less) certainly is a very uncomfortable reminder of the passage of time, as now, quite literally, our youth starts dying.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    I´m certainly not the biggest fan of pop music, but MJ was, without any doubt, one of the most gifted artists in that area, and some of his songs amazed even my pop-ignorant brain.

When I first heard about it this morning, I was like, wow, that´s sad.

But then one of our radio stations I listen to sometimes, which is mostly "text"-based (high-quality text, that is) with only some jazz music played in-between (brrrrr), had a short thing about Jackson, and when they finished, they ended it with playing his Earth Song. They never play pop, and out of a sudden I welled up. That´s when I realised that this hit me and a lot of other people more than I or them would have expected.

Michael Jackson was a haunted, hunted, and, as I think, misunderstood person. What an irony that he who was searching for eternal life all the time had to die so young. What a shame that he will always be remembered for his music as well as his obvious flaws.

But then again, here´s my flaming arrow for the true King of Pop:

>>>---------------------<>
  2. Ah yes 'Earth Song': one of the best he's ever written. A song that always gives me shivers.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Michael Jackson was an inspired musician, with an unprecedented, almost magnetic mass appeal and overwhelming cultural influence - for better and for worse. Contemporary media has blurred his artistic heritage, but I hope now that the symbolism evoked through his name will gradually purify and allow people to remember that he indeed was exceptionally talented, and positively influenced millions of people in his lifetime through music, but equally through his noteworthy humanitarian efforts. In his own words, "lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons".

The only personal tribute I can think of is his song "Little Susie", inspired by the story of a child forgotten in a house that burned to the ground, on piano last Sunday (mp3):

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php? … SHpIRGc9PQ
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Never been a fan of the man, actually I´ve always thought of him as a very bizarre human being. A man that disowned his own race, among other scandals, and still, people crying his death. Anyway, rest in peace.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Never been a fan of the man, actually I´ve always thought of him as a very bizarre human being. A man that disowned his own race, among other scandals, and still, people crying his death. Anyway, rest in peace.

No matter if you are fan or not. No matter what do you think about his personal life.

He is a legend, and one of the greatest musicians in the music history.

Personally, I think he was a good man cursed bu his own psicologic problems. I don't believe he was a pederast. He only needed to be a child, and that's why he was with children all the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The flaming arrow for the king of pop drowned me in cheese wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. I think I can only add, too soon has he left this earth. The man was a musical icon and he will live on as a legend, like Elvis Presley

Live in Peace Michael shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Live in Peace Michael

uhm
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Live in Peace Michael

uhm

Rest in Peace, drats
    shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Live in Peace Michael

uhm

LOL biggrin
  5. William wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Live in Peace Michael

uhm

LOL biggrin

it's the weather, fracking hot
    it brings me out of concentration dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    William wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Live in Peace Michael

uhm

LOL biggrin

I am sure one of those jokes fits here.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Live in Peace Michael

uhm

LOL biggrin

it brings me out of concentration dizzy

Riiiight. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Live in Peace Michael

uhm

LOL biggrin

Sure.
    Blame it on the sunlight, blame it on the moonlight, blame it on the good times...
  6. Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Live in Peace Michael

uhm

LOL biggrin

Sure.
    Blame it on the sunlight, blame it on the moonlight, blame it on the good times...

very good Martijn
    how long did it take you for coocking that up? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The time of your post, minus the time of my post, mitigated by forum absence, integrated by the level of personal interest and knowledge, and divided by zero.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Why is there no mention of his death on the MSN news? There is a mention of F.F. Is there something not quite right
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    confused

It's on the very front page, Tom, with letters in about 1138 point font size... not sure how you could have missed that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://my.msn.com/

I don't think so
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sorry mate, I don't have an MSN account, so I can't help you.
    (The link simply points to a log-on screen).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    For some reason they didn't include it on the my home page version
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I did see it on the generic version
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Probably some sort of personal setting you didn't tick?
    It IS on their main page: http://www.msn.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Hard to say, but a bit surprised