• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    Not that. Boycotting films 'cause they don't portray their idols correctly wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    No! They are boycotting because the film is a quick shoddy cash-in.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Yeah! Listening to film music all day. Surely all the other people into other genres must be on drugs.

Well said, Gilles! you are the man. kiss beer
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    don't these people have anything better to do?

You better ask this question to yourself. This will do better to you as well as to others.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I think I'll wait untill it's out on DVD.

Thor, don't miss the opportunity to see it in theater. Its awesome. Its highly recommended to see it in theater than in DVD. This is my friendly recommendation. smile

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wow, you are so friendly today! You are spreading the love of God? Do you want to be a mod in our new website? We'd be honored!
  1. You sir have just cracked me up. biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...as the 8-year old boy allegedly said after a nightly encounter with the king of Pop...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    'ouch!' shame
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    ...as the 8-year old boy allegedly said after a nightly encounter with the king of Pop...

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009
    Wow, you are so friendly today! You are spreading the love of God? Do you want to be a mod in our new website? We'd be honored!

I am always friendly but unfortunately you guys have guilty pleasure in messing around with me. Hmmm... God! please give these people good peaceful mind. biggrin

May God bless you, Demetris!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I have nothing against you S, you must understand this. We are making arguments on the subject of Michael Jackson. If you disagree, you're free to present arguments and of course you're free not to agree with my opinion, but please don't take these things so personally. 'You're talking bad about him 'cause you're jealous" isn't really an argument. I am not a singer, nor do i plan to, nor do i plan to become a star or have illusions of fame or anything like that. I have my life and my job and i am pretty satisfied with it. I have nothing personal in the Michael Jacskon issue, we are simply DEBATING a general matter so please act accordingly if you can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Dear Demetris,

You completely misunderstood me by using the word called "Jealous", Ok! perhaps i should have used the word "irritated" or "annoyed" because when all the people in the world praises him lot. Honestly speaking, i have no hard feelings towards you or anybody. As you said, i have rights to disagree with your point of view. What i expect from you all that when you don't like a person like MJ, you can better avoid talking about him. Instead of that, making fun of him or disrespecting him and his works, its completely annoys me. With my full heart, i can accept negative criticism but not silly or disrespecting comments about him. I love him very much, so, what's wrong in that?

One thing you failed to understand that by posting those kind of funny comments which would definitely hurts other feelings. MJ contributions towards to music and mankind was tremendous. At least, for that sake, you all guys should respect him.

Demetris, i have great respect for you. I admire your talent and skills. Please try to understand me and i am not finding fault with you.

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Dear Sunil, i have nothing against Michael Jackson, believe me. What annoys me is the media and the producers behind such films as "this is it" who make a shitload of money on someone's death and bombard us 24 hours a day with the same subject, cheesy melodrama that sells and over-exposure. There's no balance in it, no tact, no character and of course no respect and you, the fans, should be the first ones to realize the exploitation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sunil wrote
    MJ contributions towards to music and mankind was tremendous. At least, for that sake, you all guys should respect him.

Yes, I respect Quincy Jones immensely for that.
    (Yeah, OK, I wasn't gonna get involved, but once mindless fanaticism rears its head, I cannot remain silent. A moral stance needs to be taken and balance brought to the Force.
    Honestly, I'm just doing this to bring peace and justice to all.
    I'm a little bit like Jesus in that respect, but with less great hair.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Oh! yes, well said, Demetris! "exploitation" is right to word use here. I agree with you, it happens always in this world, whenever great personalities dies, people around him/her start make money in the name of his/her. However, as far as "This is it", its quite different and its not typical MJ video album or anything like that. The concept of the film is what if he would lived and certainly delivered the concert of the century. What i liked about the film that presentation, not a single moment was boring or irritating. In fact, this is quite better than other regular Hollywood releases. I know you don't like MJ, but i recommend you to watch this film in theater. I don't think its really worth seeing it on DVD. I personally don't think this is MJ's best, but you can definitely watch it for once, that, too, in theater alone.

All the best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Yeah, OK, I wasn't gonna get involved, but once mindless fanaticism

Martijn, i am not fanatics. I am not saying that he was the only one who contributed towards music and welfare of mankind. Yes, there are still many many talented artists in this world. I don't deny that. He was among the great being on Earth who worked so hard to entertain the people as well as some tremendous social services done to this world. That's all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sunil wrote
    He was among the great being on Earth who worked so hard to entertain the people as well as some tremendous social services done to this world. That's all.

I cannot find fault with that in any way. smile
  2. Sunil wrote
    However, as far as "This is it", its quite different and its not typical MJ video album or anything like that. The concept of the film is what if he would lived and certainly delivered the concert of the century. What i liked about the film that presentation, not a single moment was boring or irritating. In fact, this is quite better than other regular Hollywood releases. I know you don't like MJ, but i recommend you to watch this film in theater. I don't think its really worth seeing it on DVD. I personally don't think this is MJ's best, but you can definitely watch it for once, that, too, in theater alone.

All the best.

Seems we have the same opinion on the film, Sunil. I thought This Is It was surprisingly humble by not showing the big, mighty powerful star he has been in his prime years, but by just showing him as a hard-working down to earth guy that had lots of love for the world we inhabit, and was so frustrated with the way we destroy it. He tried to incorporate that aspect in his show, he was still in touch with his surroundings. So he acted a bit quirky at times, but I thought that only made him more human. I don't think this film was produced with any lack of respect, because you could see and feel the respect by the people around him on stage doing their very best to please MJ, it's most poignant during the scene when MJ is motivating the dancers and crew, and he says he's only the best in what he's doing, because he's working with the best. So for me the film is a success and definitely not the quick cash-in that some of the haters (or fans) are saying it is.

BTW have you even seen it, Demetris? If not, see it, then judge it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    In the later years, nobody showed him as mighty and powerful, rather the contrary. It's no surprise to me that the film doesn't portray him as God. Nobody did in the last 10+ years.

I've seen extended scenes from it, there are everywhere. I decided it's not up my alley, I didn't like at all what i've seen and sorry, i cannot be forced to watch it. But what i've watched is in the similar vein with the rest of the over-exposure and overdose, but i guess you don't have a problem with that either, rather the contrary wink. But what are we discussing here yet? There's not a chance we'll find common ground so i'll let you enjoy it and you'll let me do the contrary.
  3. Fair enough. No point in discussing this same topic over and over until eternity on what is essentially a difference in tastes. spin
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2009
    All this stuff about Michael Jackson is something of a socialogical mystery to me. Some people can't stand the hype, while others can't seem to get enough of it it. Yet common for both groups is that neither seems to be able to look the other way. Broadcasting networks and tabloid papers are literally thriving in a golden era, despite the ongoing financial depression. All thanks to Michael Jackson, the man everbody (used to) love to hate!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I've seen extended scenes from it, there are everywhere. I decided it's not up my alley, I didn't like at all what i've seen and sorry, i cannot be forced to watch it. But what i've watched is in the similar vein with the rest of the over-exposure and overdose, but i guess you don't have a problem with that either, rather the contrary wink. But what are we discussing here yet? There's not a chance we'll find common ground so i'll let you enjoy it and you'll let me do the contrary.

Oh! my friend, why do you care about media and producers? screw them all. As an ordinary person, you can definitely watch this film. I am not forcing you to watch but i am giving you a suggestion. Just forget the media, i myself sick of this bullshit media. I never cared about the media. They always interested in exposing personalities personal life than anything. So, Demetris, just ignore the hype and media's over exposure, as an common people, you will certainly enjoy this film. That's all i have to say.

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    By the way, This is it is doing remarkable business in UK. For further information, click below link:

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/ … ffice.html

I think our beloved friend Southall can tell about this particular film, especially how its doing in UK. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    The king is alive!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    The king is alive!

That's pop midget Prince stoopid!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    The king is alive!

Nice! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010 edited
    I just saw THIS IS IT!

Great film, you could sense that MJ was working on a lower gear and that he would kick it up a notch if there had been actual shows. He looks VERY fit for a 50-year-old. All the moves are still there. It must have been amazing for all those dancers, musicians and technicians to work with this legend for the last time. The whole rehearsal setting seemed to have a kinda magic "aura" about it, even though there was no real audience. And the songs obviously shine in their own right.

I was impressed by the film footage that was interspersed, especially the orchestral elements in the "Thriller" video and the beautiful "Earth Song". I don't know who composed/arranged these, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    Wow, you didn't catch it in theatres Thor? The orchestral arrangements were by Michael Bearden, MJ's long time musical director. Talented guy!

I am so delighted by the way which the film was edited. While they certainly could have done all those cheap MTV-ish editorial tricks as you would see in most documentaries related to pop culture these days, the editors instead got out of the way of the footage and let it speak for itself, portraying realistic rehearsal situations. And the band sounds wonderful! The film has my favourite version of "Human Nature" Michael ever did, which is really saying a lot! Can't get enough of that one on youtube...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    Thor wrote
    I just saw THIS IS IT!

Great film, you could sense that MJ was working on a lower gear and that he would kick it up a notch if there had been actual shows. He looks VERY fit for a 50-year-old. All the moves are still there. It must have been amazing for all those dancers, musicians and technicians to work with this legend for the last time. The whole rehearsal setting seemed to have a kinda magic "aura" about it, even though there was no real audience. And the songs obviously shine in their own right.

I was impressed by the film footage that was interspersed, especially the orchestral elements in the "Thriller" video and the beautiful "Earth Song". I don't know who composed/arranged these, though.

That's great, Thor! i am very glad that you liked it. beer