• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009
    trailer in HD

http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramoun … 1_720p.mov
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/shutterisland/

Looks very, very interesting!

Who's doing the score?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Robbie Robertson has been announced as music supervisor. Nothing more yet.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You liked the trailer sweety? Looks like the perfect winter night cinema movie to me wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009 edited
    Well, since Howard Shore has been doing every Scorsese film for the last decade, I'm counting on him doing this one as well. And I can't wait to see him tackling the horror genre again!

As for the trailer; it looks awfully mainstream to me, yet names like Scorsese, Lehane, DiCaprio and Kingsley sure have enough talent to make it anything but. The photography is beautiful as well. So, yeah, I'm looking forward to this. I'm sure Scorsese knows how to avoid cliché's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    You liked the trailer sweety? Looks like the perfect winter night cinema movie to me wink

I liked it darl! I'm looking forward to it! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009
    Very surprised that the great man's doing this, but I eagerly await its arrival!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009
    Nearly done with the book. It is absolutely engrossing. Seeing the trailer last week prompted me to buy it. The Trailer seems to be right on target with the book. The atmosphere of the movie is going to be great. I've been waiting for a good thriller this year. cool
  1. I hope it will be Howard Shore doing the music, after all it makes utter sense if HE would do it

Don't know what to think of the trailer, I'm guessing this is one of those movies which doesn't really sell its charm by a mere trailer, not like say other films in trailers smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009
    Just finished the book. Haha, it was fun, plus had plenty of twists and turns.
    Can't wait for this to come out.
    Also hoping for a Shore score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am not sure if i want a Shore score on this one, judging by his outcome during the last 2 years...
  2. He's never screwed up a Scorsese project, I think. Has he?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am not sure if i want a Shore score on this one, judging by his outcome during the last 2 years...

I think its pretty harsh to write him off so soon, after all the excellent stuff he has done, very recently even. You heard The Betrayal?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, nothing to get crazy about.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010
    Hmm... what a "crazy" soundtrack realise:
    http://www.warnermusic.ch/catalogue_det … 92-sD.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What a nice way to put "crap" wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Actually, I think there's a lot of good stuff on that CD, but it's definitely eclectic and esoteric.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    Actually, I think there's a lot of good stuff on that CD, but it's definitely eclectic and esoteric.

Esoteric?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Aw, no love for Family Guy on this forum. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Thor wrote

Esoteric?

punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010 edited
    Esoteric classical music? Nice! Look forward to hearing how it will play out :-). Also good to see Brian Eno on there (although it's still a dirty shame Shore didn't provide a score).
  3. I'm very interested in the film now after seeing that tracklist. To have music ranging from Richter's beautiful 'On the nature of daylight' and Eno through to John Cage piano and even John Adams makes it very interesting. Perhaps much better than a fairly familiar score of drawn out heavy minor chords.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010 edited
    Looks interesting.

But Scorsese, like Quentin Tarantino, should probably use more original score music for their movies. Nothing reeks of laziness more than just sifting through your music album and tracking them into the film. (Although I will say that "Inglourious Basterds"' use of tracked-in music was brilliant.)
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  4. Matt C wrote
    Nothing reeks of laziness more than just sifting through your music album and tracking them into the film.

I don't know... whether you're getting a music editor to do it based on your music collection, or outsourcing it to a composer whom you pay to do it, both of them involve a similar amount of effort for the director.
    I think we like to think that somehow films can never be as good when there isn't an integrated musical solution, but the more films I see and work on, the less convinced I am of this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    Well, i am not too sure about this Michael. In one case, you have the music there, it's ready, it's pre-existent and you know how it sounds. You have the problem of fitting that correctly in your movie. But when you hire a composer, the music develops as your movie does, apart the problem of fitting it in, you also have the issue of not knowing exactly how the music will end up sounding like in the end as it's being born as you work. You can't plan ahead.
  5. I just meant that it was physical work for someone else in either case, not the director. wink