• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    One of the guys I was working with saw Emma Watson ( Hermione in the Harry Potter films ) in the backstage of the Pyramid surrounded by minders, this little madam needs a reality check, without the minders I doubt anyone would have noticed her.

Minders??
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeap!

When Heather Mills was still married to Paul McCartney she had more minders than he did, that was also witnessed at the back of the pyramid stage.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Frigging ginger brat.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What's wrong with being ginger? I accept the brat part wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Yeap!

When Heather Mills was still married to Paul McCartney she had more minders than he did, that was also witnessed at the back of the pyramid stage.

It was more the term itself that I didn't know, but I looked it up and found it to be something akin to a 'bodyguard'.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, Bodyguard, Security.....'Minder' is the usual media term.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    What's wrong with being ginger? I accept the brat part wink

Nothing! She just gets on my nerves.

But really, they are the work of the devil.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Seeing Boy George in an after hours bar trying not to be noticed by dancing in the middle of the floor holding a torch underneath his chin dancing to Culture Club hits.

applause
    Excellent!

...and no. Even with your poetic description, the 4 AM thing fills me with dread and horror. wink

Timmer wrote
    this little madam needs a reality check, without the minders I doubt anyone would have noticed her.

She is cute, though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't understand, Martijn, why would the '4am' thing fill you with dread and horror?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Because it's 4. AM. In the morning .

I can't remember the last time I saw 4 AM.
    The feeling surrounding the idea of getting up around that time is akin to that of hearing I have contracted a rare penis-eating disease.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    AaaaaaaaaaH! biggrin

But you must realise we hadn't been to bed, Me, Mel, Jerry & Dom finished our shift at 1.00am, went drinking, met up with the two Californians and then headed up the mysty hill wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    OOOOOOOH!
    It was still the previous night!

Well, why didn't you say so?
    In that case I'd been well up for it! punk cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    cool

And yeah, the idea of getting up from bed at that hour to have done that would fill me with horror too.

except that I HAVE done that in various countries to see something special, sunrise over the ganges, climbing Everest before dark, plane flights at ridiculous times, GMTV because John Barry was being interviewed, the sinking of the Bismark, The battle of Rourke's drift etc etc
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah.
    I missed all those.

But then I got a good night's kip. sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    GLASTONBURY part 2

The Good....

The weather, did I mention the weather? It was outrageously hot all week with barely a cloud in sight

EDIT : - Friends have called around, can't be antisocial...laterz. wave

I'll get back to you on this stuff guys, friends called around and ambushed me and I was dragged out ( kicking and screaming...as you can imagine ) to a pub where I was tube fed copiupous amounts of alcohol dizzy beer

GLASTONBURY part 2 1/2

The Good....

Having a great time with my co-workers, many of whom I know from Bristol.

Meeting new people.

The full on non-stop entertainment 24/7, a heaving mass of craziness.

Arcadia / Shangri-La, two areas on the site that were crazier ( if possible ) than anywhere else, animatronic dragons that breathed fire, discos that were on fire, a three storey building with a tubetrain sticking out of the top on fire, a disco made out of commercial airliner wings, fuselage, engines etc, add crazy cyberpunk costumes and vehicles and this was a mash up of Mad Max, Bladerunner, Reign Of Fire craziness that was as heady as fuck....an unmissable experience at night time.

All the semi-naked ( and occasionally naked ) women lick

BEER.........lots of it! beer

Seeing Boy George in an after hours bar trying not to be noticed by dancing in the middle of the floor holding a torch underneath his chin dancing to Culture Club hits.

And possibly best, and most memorable of all was me insisting to my five companions ( Melanie, Jerry, Dom and two artists from California, Ron & Chuck, all of whom protested ) that we should leave the site at 4.00 am on Monday morning to go to the top of the highest hill.
    I noticed that we were walking through thick mist and suggested it would be brilliant to find a high vantage point because I'd done it many years before to spectacular effect, my companions wanted to hit another bar but I suggested we'll take some cans with us so a compromise was reached, when we reached the top we were greeted with the most gobsmacking vista I'd seen for a long time, a thick white blanket covering the entire festival and valley floor in a superb pre-sunrise dawn light with hillsides stretching for miles ( including the famous Glastonbury Tor ) into the distance, Islands in a sea of white, a truly mystical "Arthurian moment" for sure, we stayed for the spectacular sunrise before heading back into the craziness of the festival, a truly magical few hours.
    Ron and Chuck, in particular, thanked me for what they described as the most memorable experience at the festival cool

GLASTONBURY part 3

The Bad...

The non-stop music, there is no escape wink

Some of the semi-naked ( and occasionally naked ) men and women vomit

The surly security people who had tables set up to do random spot searches as people entered/exit the site, I don't have a problem with them searching for bottles ( no glass allowed on site, I decantered my bottle of Jameson's into an empty lemonade bottle ), arms, drugs etc but this is a pop festival and a bit more people-friendly skills would not have gone amiss, three members of our team got searched, one of whom swore he'd pull his pants down if it happened to him and he kept his word, it was only some argumentative diplomacy from us that kept him from getting thrown off....still, it was damned FUNNY biggrin

And finally, returning from our 4am jaunt to the top of the hill I slipped on the mist wet grass and seriously twisted my knee and have not been able to walk properly since slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014 edited
    I always liked this track but I'm dedicating it to Martijn and Steven wink

It's a long way to the top

Bagpipes! punk
  1. This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aPnFTFrg5k

I could do without John Lees' yelling "yeah!", but indeed ... this. The only band of which I have every sound ever released in my collection.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.