• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009 edited
    After Return To House On Haunted Hill Frederik Wiedmann (John Frizzell's orchestrator, score mixer, arranger, programmer) has written his second score for Dark Castle Entertainment called The Hills Run Red.

Soundclips
    Session photos

The movie will be released 29th September 2009, a CD will be come out at the same time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Being released by Varese on 22nd September.

THE HILLS RUN RED
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Frederik Wiedmann

You heard the story. The one about the goriest, bloodiest splatter fest ever, the one made in the ’80s but mysteriously lost. Flash forward to now: Young fright fans search for the secret location where the movie was shot, hoping to find the film. What they find is that the mysterious slasher flick is more than a movie. It’s real. And they’re its newest stars. The Hills Run Red with a whole new level of horror as the terrified cinephiles confront a demented killer who wears a nightmarish babydoll mask. Wait, Babyface is just a character from the movie, right? Wrong. He’s alive. He’s waiting. And he’s thrilled to meet fans who will die – slowly, gruesomely, shockingly – for his art. Roll camera!

The bone-chilling score is from Frederik Wiedman, who scored the frightfest Return To House On Haunted Hill.

Warner Premier presents THE HILLS RUN RED on DVD, in stores September 29.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 985 2
    Release Date: 09/22/09
  1. ow goodie, looks like fun rolleyes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Fredewho?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010
    mIRRORS 2 (CD)
    Composed by: Frederik Wiedmann

SOUND CLIPS
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … MIRRORS-2/
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2013 edited
    This past April, composer Frederik Wiedmann was at East-West Studios in Hollywood to record strings for his score to the DC Universe Animated film Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, which was released on home video in July. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the scoring session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014
    Even more releases for this composer, like a lot what he's usually doing.

FIELD OF LOST SHOES
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/09/02 … announced/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014 edited
    ^ I am listening to this now and it's pretty good, completely orchestral and with lots of woodwinds, thematic. Let's see how it develops.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014
    Update: it's very good (traces of old Zimmer in there too). Epic and dramatic as expected, not very original, but orchestral writing is pretty good and themes are fairly memorable but also enjoyable.
  2. Demetris wrote
    Update: it's very good (traces of old Zimmer in there too). Epic and dramatic as expected, not very original, but orchestral writing is pretty good and themes are fairly memorable but also enjoyable.

I found the last 30 minutes of this score to be thoroughly enjoyable. Yes, there are echoes of "old Zimmer" but these final 8 tracks move from drama, action and emotions in what I found to be quite a satisfying manner.

Wiedmann is definitely a composer worth following.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2014
    I keep mixing Wiedman with that guy who does those animated superhero television shows, who I don't particularly for.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Robert Kral?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014
    Thor wrote
    I keep mixing Wiedman with that guy who does those animated superhero television shows, who I don't particularly for.

Robert J. Kral. But also Wiedmann does those too.

This score here is exquisite people, look it up; one of the surprises of the year for me. What do others think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2014
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote

Robert J. Kral. But also Wiedmann does those too.

This score here is exquisite people, look it up; one of the surprises of the year for me. What do others think?

Ah, then it's the same guy!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Southall wrote
    I suspect he means Wiedmann!

I've mixed Wiedman with Wiedmann. Ended up with Wiedmam.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2014
    Weedman. We need him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2014
    It sounds about as sensible as the forthcoming Ant-Man. But with more weed and fewer ants. And that's rarely a bad thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014 edited
    Southall wrote
    Review of Field of Lost Shoes:

http://www.movie-wave.net/field-of-lost-shoes/

I agree. This was a positive surprise....double surprising, in fact, because I never cared for what he (and other composers) did for those animated BATMAN shows or whatever it was. Whimsical and noisy mickey-mousing galore!

This, however, is classical heartfelt Americana. It's about 20 minutes too long, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2014
    That's a very well-built score with a great sound and performance (instrument-wise). Themes are bold too. Certainly a surprise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    because I never cared for what he (and other composers) did for those animated BATMAN shows or whatever it was.

Have you heard SON OF BATMAN from this year? If only, please listen to just that one.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    his Justice League score is also great. this and Son Of Batman have no noisy mickey-mousing music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote
    because I never cared for what he (and other composers) did for those animated BATMAN shows or whatever it was.

Have you heard SON OF BATMAN from this year? If only, please listen to just that one.

I have. Didn't like it, I'm afraid.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote

I have. Didn't like it, I'm afraid.

I wouldn't say I didn't like it but I was indifferent to it and some of it just annoyed me. Nothing special at all.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2014
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote
    Review of Field of Lost Shoes:

http://www.movie-wave.net/field-of-lost-shoes/

I agree. This was a positive surprise....double surprising, in fact, because I never cared for what he (and other composers) did for those animated BATMAN shows or whatever it was. Whimsical and noisy mickey-mousing galore!

Wiedmann's GREEN LANTERN scores are extraordinary!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2014
    I too like the Green Lantern material!
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  5. @Synchrotones reviews #FieldofLostShoes (@FreddieWiedmann) http://t.co/elFzA2PcVI
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2014 edited
    No, no, no, no hashtags in here! HAte em! smile Great score btw.
  6. Sorry @demetris.. I was on my phone and it was easier to copy and paste my Twitter post. #lazy smile