• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2009
    I mostly buy older releases and some of the current stuff. You know, I'm constantly discovering older scores by Morricone, Horner, Williams, etc. that I didn't buy back when they were released but now I like them. I think this year I've bought about 30 older CDs and about 5 or 6 new.
  1. So far this year I've bought about 130 scores (~70 actual physical CDs) - and a few titles where I've just "cherry-picked" some favourite tracks for download rather than the entire CD.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Typically about three to five. Though this year I will probably reach a dozen.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2009
    The small amount=?
    listen to more classical music!
  3. there was a time when I purchased about every CD I got get my hands on

now, with the mere unstoppable load of CD's coming to you every day, plus the inevitable fact you can download these puppies, makes me buying the ones I really want, or the ones that give me what I wanted after having heard them

of course, the mere fact most of the stuff is being send to us due to our reviewer status tongue keeps me from having to buy them myself
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009
    I have found after a time that I can't get to everything and listen to it carefully anymore unless it really grabs my attention.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009
    If I included that stuff that I didn't like that I sold/traded in, the number would be pretty damn high.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    After moving 5000 of them I should swear off ever buying another one
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

now, with the mere unstoppable load of CD's coming to you every day, plus the inevitable fact you can download these puppies, makes me buying the ones I really want, or the ones that give me what I wanted after having heard them

download what? where? how? when? iouuuuuuuuuu iouuuuuuuuuuuu iouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'll get settled in at the new place and likely continue on my merry way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2021
    I buy very, very few scores on CD these days. Only those that pertain to my 'completist' artists, and only if I find them cheap. While I listen to maybe 500-700 new scores every year, very few of them end up in my digital collection. Perhaps some 15-20 new scores of the year end up in my collection every year. I get a lot of promos, so I don't buy a lot of digital files either. Only when it's strictly necessary.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2021
    6 cd's since march 2020. While I avoid physical stores, I also neglect to buy anything online. To me, it's become a luxury I don't need in the crisis and feel I should return to my normal habits only when things are 'back to normal''.'
  4. I am increasingly finding myself listening to new releases on streaming services now or on YouTube. I just don't have the space to keep adding to my CD collection.

Most of my CDs are in storage which is a 30 minute drive away. I find it very frustrating not having them close at hand. Not to listen to but for things like looking up something in the booklet notes, etc. Day-to-day, having them in storage is just like not having them at all.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn