• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009 edited
    A broad topic where the topic could twist and turn without going off topic too much.

But there is going to be an Indiana Jones 5. Any thoughts? I'm sure there are.

By the way, do any of you listen to the Indy Cast?

Edit:
    We need an Indy emoticon.
    Perhaps a smile with a stubble and fedora?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    With LePoofs Indy-lite!??

No thanks. Just gimme Williams score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    For me the 4th film was a complete disappointment.
    However, if they get a decent plot this time with a decent artifact, play down Mutts character (maybe he is off at college), get a decent villain, play down the CGI, and make it the old-fashioned way, it could be good. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Only if they listen to what the fans thought.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    Only if they listen to what the fans thought.

And if Lucas dies before production devil

wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    We can only hope.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    hey hey hey! don't be evil biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    did i really say that!?? shame
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    did i really say that!?? shame

keep your chin up

others thought it
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    omaha wrote
    A broad topic where the topic could twist and turn without going off topic too much.

Edit:
    We need an Indy emoticon.
    Perhaps a smile with a stubble and fedora?

Damn! Damn! KOTC is big crap. I don't want another garbage from George Lucas. Perhaps, John Williams score alone much needed and appreciated. wink
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    omaha wrote

What do you mean, "listen to the Indy Cast"?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    It is an iPod cast / online radio show. It just has lots of Indy news and random facts. I listen to it when I sit by the pool. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    omaha wrote
    It is an iPod cast / online radio show. It just has lots of Indy news and random facts. I listen to it when I sit by the pool. smile

Oh. I'd never heard of that before. Is it really a radio station dedicated entirely to Indiana Jones? Sounds like a narrow field for a whole radio station. Like a radio station JUST about green apples.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I don´t know. I find them all (including #4) to be on an equally entertaining level. Raiders, of course, is the most serious one, which may be the reason why it´s appreciated as the best, but I really don´t see that many differences between them. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, and I enjoy each of them very easily by not constantly comparing them with each other.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thor wrote
    omaha wrote

Oh. I'd never heard of that before. Is it really a radio station dedicated entirely to Indiana Jones? Sounds like a narrow field for a whole radio station. Like a radio station JUST about green apples.

Sorry to be misleading. No, they don't have their own radio station. It is partnered with theforce.net and is recognized on many leading Indiana Jones sites including theraider.net

It is usually an hour to an hour and a half long. They really get some extremes fans on there that collect the toys and even foodstuffs with Indy advertisements. Those are realms of fandom WAY beyond me. But, generally every episode does bring some insightful news. The main host has an Aussie accent, so it isn't monotone. wink
    And when laying down outside with your eyes closed for an hour, it is very entertaining.
    But those always find enough stuff to fill up the time.
  2. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I don´t know. I find them all (including #4) to be on an equally entertaining level. Raiders, of course, is the most serious one, which may be the reason why it´s appreciated as the best, but I really don´t see that many differences between them. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, and I enjoy each of them very easily by not constantly comparing them with each other.

Well the big difference is that 1, 2, 3 were fun when they released, and are still tremendously fun even if you've seen them a trillion times. I happed to think those films have fery few flaws, and many strengths. I just don't see that with Crystal Skull, it's basically devoid of fun, mystery and adventure, all elements which made the first three such memorable films. Even Williams couldn't bring back the magic in his score.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Well the big difference is that 1, 2, 3 were fun when they released, and are still tremendously fun even if you've seen them a trillion times. I happed to think those films have fery few flaws, and many strengths. I just don't see that with Crystal Skull, it's basically devoid of fun, mystery and adventure, all elements which made the first three such memorable films. Even Williams couldn't bring back the magic in his score.

FACT!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

FACT!

-Erik-

Indeed. Not Truth!
  3. a Indy ICON
    Me WANT punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    :indy:
    http://www.site-design.at/gucher/gbookp … s/indy.gif
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    :grabby:

Bregt, pls get!! love
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    This one is even better
    http://raven.theraider.net/images/smilies/whip.gif

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. yeah yeah

me like the second one, me want the second one
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Hell yes, I'm willing to bet this will become even more over used than facepalm.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2010
    FAIL!

http://www.joblo.com/indiana-jones-to-g … sen-poorly

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2010
    Who's waiting for that to happen ... rolleyes
    Do I hear sounds of a $ register ?!
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2010
    Hehe it was pretty expected actually. Have they turned star wars into 3d yet?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. They are supposed to premiere 2011-2012, both trilogies.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2011
    Raiders of the Lost Ark turns 30th today. I WILL be watching the film tonight. And for those that are interested you can hear my 30th Anniversary tribute to Raiders at http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=993

:whip:

-Erik-