• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Superman is a choice that's difficult to beat!

Another maint titles sequence that's quite effective - and a favourite - is the title sequence to Cronenberg's Crash. The visuals coupled with Shore's unusual score certainly gets the viewer ready for something out of the ordinary!

Talking of Shore....

SE7EN
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    here is one of the most impressive main title sequences I've seen from a recent superhero film Great choice of song!

Hmmm..I did like the introductory credits a lot, but the choice of song annoyed me immensely (if only because it's so extremely well known, so overused, and at the end of the day such an easy choice. But then I found the song placement in the whole film very, very poor).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    While Superman still stands as the best main title sequence of all time here is one of the most impressive main title sequences I've seen from a recent superhero film Great choice of song!

-Erik-

Very good use of song for sure.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Just one problem...

.....I can't fookin' stand Bob fookin' Dylan slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I find him quite palatable in small doses.
    I did try a compilation album the other day though and found to my surprise that it was completely unable to hold my attention.

I generally like his work on film scores though (e.g. Cross the Green Mountain on Gods & Generals). It tends to bring out the best "folk-pop fusion thingy" in him.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm probably biased towards Dylan because of two particular friends of mine who worship him as a god and many is the time I've had to put up with listening to his albums sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Argh.
    I feel your pain.

I have the same experience with one of my best mates being into old skool hiphop and insisting on letting me hear the eighties' origins of beatboxing, breakscratching and grandmastering.
    slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Argh.
    I feel your pain.

I have the same experience with one of my best mates being into old skool hiphop and insisting on letting me hear the eighties' origins of beatboxing, breakscratching and grandmastering.
    slant

Hey, that's awesome stuff!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ARGH.
    Another one.

The problem with my generation is that I have no one to talk to about the false sentiment of my generation! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    ARGH.
    Another one.

The problem with my generation is that I have no one to talk to about the false sentiment of my generation! cry

That's why we have alcohol!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    This place.

Edit: Dammit. William already made that joke.

That's right: I finally beat you to something, Steven. biggrin
  1. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Superman is a choice that's difficult to beat!

Another maint titles sequence that's quite effective - and a favourite - is the title sequence to Cronenberg's Crash. The visuals coupled with Shore's unusual score certainly gets the viewer ready for something out of the ordinary!

Talking of Shore....

SE7EN

Did Shore actually score this?

But, talking of Se7en, I can't pass the opportunity to highlight what I think is one of the greatest marriages of music and visuals: THE FINALE. Starts at about 3:50.

Obviously, being the climax of the film there's some spoilers of gargantuan proportions!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm not sure but I think David Bowie had something to do with the title music? I'm really not sure and am going from memory here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    I'm not sure but I think David Bowie had something to do with the title music? I'm really not sure and am going from memory here.

Nine Inch Nails. It's a remix of the song "Closer To God."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Shore's remix though.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Timmer wrote

Bowie supplied the song for the end titles: "Heart's Filthy Lesson". Great track.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Shore's remix though.

Not sure if Shore did the remix of the remix but John Balance (responsible for the original Closer remix) said "Actually, it was an independent remix done exclusively for the film. Based heavily on our Precursor Mix of Closer. We don't receive a credit in the movie or video release which pisses us off even to this very day. The Laserdisc DOES credit us in some way. "

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. I've read somewhere that Shore had something to do with it.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Bowie supplied the song for the end titles: "Heart's Filthy Lesson". Great track.

Thank you Alan, that's what I was thinking of. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009 edited
    The animation (symbols and letters in Middle-Eastern style) and music on The Kite Runner main title sequence was brilliant! smile

I also love Spanglish main title, especially when the title was appeared and the guitar plays the main theme (right after the little girl shed a tear... "One tear. Just one. So make it a good one" one of my favorite lines)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp