• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008
    I want to hear it, but I ain't paying £7.99!
  1. Southall wrote
    I want to hear it, but I ain't paying £7.99!

Me too, me neither.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erm.
    There are pathways to many possibilities some consider to be... unnatural.

But you know that!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    £7.99? WTF?! For 12 minutes of music?! You could buy an hour long album for less than that....ON CD!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    What I like on TV at the mo...

My Name Is Earl

Family Guy
    re-runs

Heroes it's okay

Doctor Who

Not much else.

Oh, and come back Harry Hill's TV Burp.....bloody excellent!

How could I have forgotten the utterly brilliant Have I Got News For You, a program that never fails to have laugh out loud funny moments.

A few weeks ago BRIAN BLESSED * ALWAYS SHOUT WHEN YOU SAY HIS NAME! biggrin * unstaged everyone including Merton and Hislop in what was for me the best guest host ever. cool

And other TV joys? Watching 1960's BATMAN on BBC 4 cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ohhhh... I wish I could have seen that one. sad I *love* <edit>Blessed ever since he chewed up the scenery in Flash Gordon!

And I do wish they'd release Batman on DVD...but it seems that the copyrights are SO incredibly complicatedly divided it will be a while yet...if ever. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ohhhh... I wish I could have seen that one. sad I *love* Blessed ever since he chewed up the scenery in Flash Gordon!

And I do wish they'd release Batman on DVD...but it seems that the copyrights are SO incredibly complicatedly divided it will be a while yet...if ever. slant

BRIAN BLESSED....BIG Martijn BIG! wink

You missed out, it was brilliant, try and catch a repeat, or can't you download it from BBC?

Ditto on Batman, it'll get released......it's just when? slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    Apologies! Fixed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Ohhhh... I wish I could have seen that one. sad I *love* Blessed ever since he chewed up the scenery in Flash Gordon!

You missed out, it was brilliant, try and catch a repeat, or can't you download it from BBC?

And I love BRIAN BLESSED since Blackadder´s first season. Lots and lots of laughs!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

And I love BRIAN BLESSED since Blackadder´s first season. Lots and lots of laughs!

Just check out a lot of what the man's done and he's far more larger than life than 99.9% of actors. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Let's see... what have I been watching lately?
    We watched Bee Movie again on DVD, the English version this time, because the kids were playing.
    And Mulan, for the first time! Our friends hadn't seen it yet and me neither, so we put that one on afterwards. Enjoyed it a lot, yes, also the score.
    smile

And a couple of weeks I was zapping on the TV and I saw a movie had started and without seeing any actors yet I could tell it was A Knights Tale, I had seen it before on TV. Still very entertaining! I only noticed Heath Ledger now because the first time all I could see was Paul Bettany. I really like the friendship in this movie. A cute film.

As for series, we are still watching House and Medium, but got lost a bit somewhere because of all the reruns. And that's about it!

Things we would like to see soon is The Bourne Trilogy and The Indy Trilogy!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    A few weeks ago BRIAN BLESSED * ALWAYS SHOUT WHEN YOU SAY HIS NAME! biggrin * unstaged everyone including Merton and Hislop in what was for me the best guest host ever. cool

Bloody brilliant! biggrin HIGNFY rules! Can't believe it's in its 35th series. shocked

Who's hosting tonight?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

Bloody brilliant! biggrin HIGNFY rules! Can't believe it's in its 35th series. shocked

Who's hosting tonight?

Kirsty Young

Bill Bailey was last week, I love Bill Bailey but he wasn't really on top form last week.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Bill Bailey was last week, I love Bill Bailey but he wasn't really on top form last week.

He was a bit off form.

Kirsty Young is a bit hit-and-miss. But I think Frankie Boyle is on - and he can be really funny when he's "in the groove"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTPSYbeNaa8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK2ddqO7L1g
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregje wrote
    As for series, we are still watching House and Medium, but got lost a bit somewhere because of all the reruns. And that's about it!

Yeah, they just started all over again with Medium! crazy
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I saw Prince Caspian and I really liked it. I know you'll all probably disagree with me, but I thought it was a really good movie and much better than the first. I also like the music. I saved it for after the film, which is probably the better thing to do with a movie like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008
    The Green Mile

Never fails to make me swell up. (That's why I prefer to watch it on my own. wink)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The Green Mile

Never fails to make me swell up. (That's why I prefer to watch it on my own. wink)

How big do you "swell" to? cheesy

Very good, and considering his previous and brilliant film, very underrated film. Love it! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    The Green Mile

How big do you "swell" to? cheesy sorry, wrong kind of film spin

Very good, and considering his previous and brilliant film, very underrated film. Love it! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    COURAGE UNDER FIRE

What a load of bull.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008
    Just watched The Last Crusade for the millionth time, and for the first time I was underwhelmed by it. What I always considered to be the best Indy movie has now been beaten by Raiders (which I wasn't very familiar with until a few weeks ago!) Pretty much everything in Crusade seems to be stripped from Raiders and tampered with a bit. Oh the memories of the desert chase in Raiders in the tank scene... slant

Still a good film, just didn't do much for me this time around. Hopefully next time I'll enjoy it as much as I used to. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    COURAGE UNDER FIRE

What a load of bull.

Calm down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Ohhhh... I wish I could have seen that one. sad I *love* BLESSED ever since he chewed up the scenery in Flash Gordon!

Even better: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W1gwVIhJ8II !
    biggrin punk bounce punk biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    God, just watched it.
    Couldn't catch my breath. Paul and Ian simply can't get a word in edgewise!
    Crying for laughing, under the table, gasping for breath stuff.

I most sincerely support BLESSED for a knighthood.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Lives of Others

A terrific film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Well, watched Raiders of the lost ark on friday and Temple of doom yesterday and it was so much different from how I remembered... but that's not so weird since I was a child then!

At first I noticed in Raiders that the character of Indiana Jones isn't really developped, he's not even such a nice person!? And we are used to faster films now, these movies are much 'slower' (it has been a long time since I saw an older movie). And the special effects are funny. I'm always surprised it all looks much older than in our memory.

So, it's nice to see that the things I enjoyed back then are not so funny anymore (the scary and nasty stuff - it even seems more violent now than then!) and other things are better and funnier. And Indy is still sexy, especially when he's teaching.

Looking forward to tonight when we'll hopefully watch The last crusade, my favourite, I am sure of that now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    The Lives of Others

A terrific film.

Agree. How did you like the score James?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008 edited
    I'm always amazed at how The Last Crusade tends to be people's favourite Indy movie? I've always thought it was the weakest of the bunch. I find it gets too goofy in places, especially Marcus's character ( rolleyes ), and I can't say I particularly like the cinematography in the third one! I dunno, it has its moments for sure, but overall it feels tacky - particularly some of the set pieces. I much prefer the first two films, much more what Indiana Jones (for me at least) is all about. (Plus Doom has the best shot in the trilogy of Indy about to whoop some serious boo-tay.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I seriously recommend Wild China at 8 pm and Russia : A Journey With Jonathan Dimbleby at 10 pm, both on BBC 2 this evening. Both stared last week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hey Steven, I just realised it wasn't so carefully thought-out to say Last Crusade is my favourite one, I can only say that after I've seen that one too again. Because that was also a long time ago (although it seems less long). And seeing how different I remembered the first two, there's a chance I remember The Last Crusade differently as well?
    So, I'll let you know my final opinion after tonight!