• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Davros

shocked You're SHITTING me! shocked

Nope!

Billie's back too! lick cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Six Feet Under - perhaps a bit too sensationalist at times, but in general very strong, frequently extremely witty (won't make sense to anyone who hasn't seen it, but the "Why would someone send us excrement in the mail?" scene is as uproarious as anything I've seen) and so beautifully acted. And it's got my favourite tv theme in years.

What season is that scene from? I somehow never got to see Season 4 and 5. Hasn't aired here yet, or I missed it. I soo need to finish it. But that was a fantastic series! Ver fine humour, a storyline that passes through all heavy subjects and somehow manages to make it bearable. Although near the end of Season 3 it gets really hard.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008
    I picked up the original 3:10 To Yuma with Glenn Ford, Van Heflin and Richard Jaeckel for $5.00. After watching it I found the short story by Elmore Leonard (only 15 pages) at the library and then watched the remake. If you can this is certainly a fun thing to do. There are no women or family in the short story just a tale of a sheriff bringing a prisoner in (already tried and convicted) to the Yuma prison. For a man who wrote Mr. Majestyk it was certainly an interesting short story for me as well as some others in the collection. The score, by George Duning, could easily be a release but it is really quite monothematic with Frankie Laine singing the lyrics. Of course the remake has to be filled with violence.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. We just finished Friends. What I find most amazing about it is that all six of them stayed with the show from the beginning right until the end for all ten years, although some of them got really big into movie business. That´s what makes it really special. You feel the chemistry, the friendship; those characters were awesome, the writing fantastic, really one of the greatest sitcoms ever.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    We just finished Friends. What I find most amazing about it is that all six of them stayed with the show from the beginning right until the end for all ten years, although some of them got really big into movie business. That´s what makes it really special. You feel the chemistry, the friendship; those characters were awesome, the writing fantastic, really one of the greatest sitcoms ever.

Unbelievably I've managed to get through life without having seen a single episode EVER! dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    And NO, I'm not talking about young Billie Piper

In that case I don't care. wink

No, who?

Davros

Damn! A little "spoiler alert" would have been nice! rolleyes wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    And NO, I'm not talking about young Billie Piper

In that case I don't care. wink

No, who?

Davros

Damn! A little "spoiler alert" would have been nice! rolleyes wink

Sorry Alan shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    P.S. I Love You
    Overlong (two hours for this?!) and full of clichés, although the main idea is quite original. But boring and predictable after all. John Powell saves the day; in fact he does give life to some really boring and uninteresting situations (all the important music is in the cd by the way, in fact I´d say all the music is in it) and Kathy Bates is great as always in a very easy role for her; too bad she is on screen only for a few minutes.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. La Jeune Fille et les Loups (The Maiden and the Wolves)

The film is released as a part of French culture festival here in Bangkok. The scene is simply beautiful, especially in the forest. The story is fun and has several fantastic moments. And the wolves, which play a large parts in the film, are amazing. The music by Armand Amar (which, IMO, has a certain Philip Glass feel to it) is used in selected scene, but with great effect.

Was planning to catch The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, but the seats were full before I could book it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008 edited
    Just saw Get Smart in theaters this afternoon. It was OK; some parts were funny, and then there was some humor I didn't really agree with... The plot was pretty good, I think. But then again, my attention was mostly alternating between kissing my girlfriend and observing Trevor Rabin's score. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Just saw Get Smart in theaters this afternoon. It was ok; some parts were funny, and then there was some humor I didn't really agree with... The plot was pretty good, I think. But then again, my attention was mostly alternating between kissing my girlfriend and observing Trevor Rabin's score. biggrin

And I know if I see it my attention will be on Anne Hathaway. tongue

Is it worth seeing? It's one of those films that looks like it could be good or totally awful... dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Just saw Get Smart in theaters this afternoon. It was ok; some parts were funny, and then there was some humor I didn't really agree with... The plot was pretty good, I think. But then again, my attention was mostly alternating between kissing my girlfriend and observing Trevor Rabin's score. biggrin

Is it worth seeing? It's one of those films that looks like it could be good or totally awful... dizzy

Or one of those films that just shouldn't get made?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote

LOL tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Well, I personally wouldn't go see it again...
  4. Yesterday at the cinema...

ASHES OF TIME REDUX - One of my favourite films, on the big screen at last. I can't say I think all the touch-ups for the 'redux' improve the film, but the film is 98% the same, so he must have really wanted to make the changes he did.

A PAGE OF MADNESS - A silent Japanese film with a live jazz score performed to it. A startling piece of work, particularly the film side of it. When you hear commentators say that modern audiences are in some way more visually sophisticated because Michael Bay cuts quicker than the eye can see, and then you hear that this film was a box office hit in 1927 Japan, the commentators are clearly trying rationalise present mediocrities. The jazz score didn't always work, but it was certainly interesting. Everyone came out of this screening rather dazed.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Yesterday at the cinema...

What kind of cinemas do you go to to see these films?
  5. It was the closing night at the Sydney Film Festival. Believe me, it's not a common occurrence in Sydney. (In fact, about the only cities in the world where it would be common these days would be New York and Paris.) Of the two, ASHES OF TIME may get a general release because its director is now famous, and because HERO and CROUCHING TIGER have paved the way for even an abstract martial arts drama.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Anthony wrote

LOL tongue

Yeap! this girl is so sweet..... kiss

Jumper

I don't understand why It had so bad reviews.

I find this movie a very entertaining one. A 80 minutes movie with a previsible argument wich only tries to entertaint us.

The Fx are great, Hayden Cristensen is better than expected, Samuel L jackson is cool, Liman direction is fast and energic.....What's the problem?

Jumper Vs Jumper chase is AMAZING! a really original chase wich is worth to pass to the film history!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Anthony wrote

LOL tongue

Is that the girl who just dumped her fraudulous boy friend because the scandal might "hurt her career"?

Yeah.
    Good luck with the Shakespeare, darlin'. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Anthony wrote

LOL tongue

Is that the girl who just dumped her fraudulous boy friend because the scandal might "hurt her career"?

Yeah.

What are you talking about? She's intellectual, cultivated and most importantly tremendously humble
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol
    OK. You made me laugh.

(though you need to replace the latter two links: micrdoted does not condone hotlinking apparently, ...though that was good for another laugh)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    (done)
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Anthony wrote

LOL tongue

Yeah.

What are you talking about? She's intellectual, cultivated and most importantly tremendously humble

Wow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Eh, she looks like a mouse. I mean I wouldn't say no, but there are far more attractive people out there.

love
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Here we go with the strapaishnya-voshnishny girl addiction again!

And besides, mice are sexy cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, if you like dumb-looking bimbos. rolleyes Pfft, she looks too American... I prefer European women. (Blame uni for that one! biggrin )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, if you like dumb-looking bimbos. rolleyes Pfft, she looks too American... I prefer European women. (Blame uni for that one! biggrin )

I don't have a preference of origin, as long as they are HOT. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, if you like dumb-looking bimbos. rolleyes

While we have already established that your Putin chick is a monster of cleverness, right? biggrin tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, if you like dumb-looking bimbos. rolleyes

While we have already established that your Putin chick is a monster of cleverness, right? biggrin tongue

Dumb-LOOKING. Anyway, she seems smart enough in her interviews, surprisingly down-to-earth... and she's NOT a Putin chick! angry She's a GODDESS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin kiss