• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Saw The Count of Monte Cristo last night. Great movie, certainly not a direct adaptation (I've been reading the book for school summer reading), but still very good as a film. Everything about this film is exceptional, including the music! Time to go find out where I can get the soundtrack! Sadly, it's no longer in stock on Amazon.com, and is nonexistent in the iTunes store. sad

it is indeed a great film, and a terrifc accompaning score. I'm so surprised to find out how out of print this release is shocked

I know! There are only two copies on eBay! shocked
  1. TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Saw The Count of Monte Cristo last night. Great movie, certainly not a direct adaptation (I've been reading the book for school summer reading), but still very good as a film. Everything about this film is exceptional, including the music! Time to go find out where I can get the soundtrack! Sadly, it's no longer in stock on Amazon.com, and is nonexistent in the iTunes store. sad

it is indeed a great film, and a terrifc accompaning score. I'm so surprised to find out how out of print this release is shocked

it is a great filmscore, but I hope you pay for it a decent honest price
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

it is a great filmscore, but I hope you pay for it a decent honest price

Yeah, I know.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    That's typical, the more I hear music, the more I realize some of favorite parts are not on the CD

- Lost 3: The opening cue is different in the final seconds, and totally shit from what I heard in the series

Are you kidding me? The TV version is missing those MASSIVE drums! shocked
  2. Anthony wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    That's typical, the more I hear music, the more I realize some of favorite parts are not on the CD

- Lost 3: The opening cue is different in the final seconds, and totally shit from what I heard in the series

Are you kidding me? The TV version is missing those MASSIVE drums! shocked

The CD version is missing that awesome cello rise
    Sorry, why change what is heard in the movie/series?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Ah, Shearmur. Such a wasted, overlooked talent. :sigh:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah, Shearmur. Such a wasted, overlooked talent. :sigh:

I feel your pain. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    Time (Shi Gan) - Kim Ki-Duk

Korean, 2006 movie by famous director Kim Ki-Duk. I've watched so much crap recently that I needed to go back to something a lot more thought-provoking. I'm not really into Asian cinema, but having watched In the mood for love, Riding alone for thousands of miles (another gem) and Kitano's Zatoïchi lately, I should think about doing myself a favor and watch a lot more Asian movies. Time primarily deals with the potentially desastrous effects of plastic surgery. Brillant acting and a very subtle use of music. Very good.
  3. HANCOCK

Well I must say it was all rather enjoyable for 1 hour, the comedy was all nicely delivered and there were some nice scenes which added depth to the Will Smith character, how much of a jerk Hancock was, you just felt for the guy, all that weight on his shoulders. But then the movie lost control, right after the plot changed. I liked the twist itself, didn't see it coming, but I hate what they did with it and how they resolved Hancock's transformation, it just didn't belong in the same movie. Comedy + drama: only rarely is it mixed to perfection, but in Hancock, no I didn't get it.

The movie was far from horrible though...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008
    There Will Be Blood.

Michael, help me! spin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Kung Fu Panda

I was scared for the mediocre trailer, but the movie is good.

A lot of joked for kids (it's a kid movie anyway); but a smarter film you can guess and also a lot of action and stunning visuals. This panoramic asian landscapes, the color...

Zimmer and Powell music fits and shines perfectly!!!!! Now I even like more this score.

(I want oogsay ascend as heard in the movie, with this touch of piano..!)
  4. Kung Fu Panda yesterday !

The best CGI DreamWorks so far !

Today, Hancock !

biggrin
  5. Bregt wrote
    There Will Be Blood.

Michael, help me! spin

Bregt, YOU BOY!!! You silly, silly BOY!!!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited
    sad

I want a milk shake!
    And yours too!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    Kung Fu Panda
    Now I even like more this score.

Swap the 4th word around with the 3rd, and now the 6th word with the 4th, and then the 7th with the 5th and you will have a grammatically correct statement.
  6. Bregt wrote
    sad

I want a milk shake!
    And yours too!

I TOLD you I would EAT you! I am the Third Revelation!!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Kung Fu Panda
    Now I even like more this score.

Swap the 4th word around with the 3rd, and now the 6th word with the 4th, and then the 7th with the 5th and you will have a grammatically correct statement.

Stop teasing the afflicted! slant wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    There Will Be Blood.

Michael, help me! spin

Why not watch it a second time? spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited
    I saw The Greatest Game Ever Played last night. Good film! Good acting, good plot (a true story!), and great music by Brian Tyler!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Watched two weather-related blockbusters over the weekend.

Twister

I saw this when it came out in the cinema and thought it was rubbish. But it was on tv, I had nothing to do, and I am a far mellower person today than in 1996, so I gave it a shot. Sadly, it's still rubbish, but way more rubbish than your typical silly blockbuster since there just doesn't seem to be any point to it at all. I must have missed it, but I really have no idea why that group of people went around chasing after tornadoes, nor why the other group of people (hilariously decked-out with far superior equipment and nicer hair cuts) were doing the same thing, and why they hated each other. 1/5

The Day After Tomorrow

This is a far better kind of rubbish. Highly enjoyable - easily Emmerich's most enjoyable film in fact. I rarely sit up and think "wow" at special effects any more, but the visuals in this are great. Daft ending spoils it a bit, but otherwise it's quite good for a silly summer film. 3/5
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote

Twister

I saw this when it came out in the cinema and thought it was rubbish. But it was on tv, I had nothing to do, and I am a far mellower person today than in 1996, so I gave it a shot. Sadly, it's still rubbish, but way more rubbish than your typical silly blockbuster since there just doesn't seem to be any point to it at all. I must have missed it, but I really have no idea why that group of people went around chasing after tornadoes, nor why the other group of people (hilariously decked-out with far superior equipment and nicer hair cuts) were doing the same thing, and why they hated each other. 1/5

biggrin

Awesome.

I on the other hand love it! I'm an absolute sucker for disaster movies (and you might argue that it literally was). I know they're silly, but I find them to be so much fun! Especially the score. lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Twister

The Day After Tomorrow

This is a far better kind of rubbish. Highly enjoyable - easily Emmerich's most enjoyable film in fact. I rarely sit up and think "wow" at special effects any more, but the visuals in this are great. Daft ending spoils it a bit, but otherwise it's quite good for a silly summer film. 3/5

I liked the bit where they're being chased by the frosty air....daft as fuck but very enjoyable.

I'd have enjoyed Twister more if there had been more bovine vortex entertainment quota. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's what I love about disaster movies, they're so fucking stupid! biggrin
  7. I like Twister a lot, the effects are terrific, and so is the score
    this is the ultimate sign of a movie who's just fun
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

I think the stoopidess is VOLCANO, can you think of a stoopider one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    I like Twister a lot, the effects are terrific, and so is the score

Yes... I agree. Twister is almost completely total bullshit but there are people out there that DO chase twisters. The effects are 10 million times better then 90% of the crap that we have to swallow in films these days and the score goes above and beyond the material as well. Even the songs ROCK!

One of my favorite musical moments in the movie is where Mancina adapts Van Halen's "Humans Being" song into the score. He plays the rhythm for a few minutes and lets it build and build until BLAM - the song kicks in with electric guitars, bass and drums kit. Great musical sequence. And the photography is dynamite. The first helicopter shot after the prologue with Mancina's theme playing away gives me goosebumps.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

The Swarm. UGH!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

The Swarm. UGH!

-Erik-

Cripes! I forgot that one!? I think Swarm trumps Volcano shocked cheesy
  8. Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    I like Twister a lot, the effects are terrific, and so is the score

Yes... I agree. Twister is almost completely total bullshit but there are people out there that DO chase twisters. The effects are 10 million times better then 90% of the crap that we have to swallow in films these days and the score goes above and beyond the material as well. Even the songs ROCK!

One of my favorite musical moments in the movie is where Mancina adapts Van Halen's "Humans Being" song into the score. He plays the rhythm for a few minutes and lets it build and build until BLAM - the song kicks in with electric guitars, bass and drums kit. Great musical sequence. And the photography is dynamite. The first helicopter shot after the prologue with Mancina's theme playing away gives me goosebumps.

-Erik-

oh, I love that moment with the inclusion of Van Halen's moment
    I wished it was on the CD as well
    •  
      CommentAuthorShane D
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    I saw 'THE HAPPENING' by M Night...
    I thought it was bad bad bad!! I don't know what's going on but I think He needs to stop writing his own movies..I loved sixth sense, was amazed by The Village and Signs.. but the last couple hes done, namely, Lady in the Water, and The Happening are really bad. I thought the Casting was terrible and the acting even worse.. I not sure if is the actors fault or signs of bad direction..
    I hated the story..It was shallow and boring. I hated the cliche and token gore that was un-scary and un-shocking.. and I hated the script.

Still cant wait for Dark Knight.. I hope I'm not getting too excited about it. punk