• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008
    Saw Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones for about the hundredth time time last night. As I saw the film, I couldn't help but notice the large amount of mystery surrounding this one. Almost the entire story is built upon mystery after mystery: the mysteries of the assassination attempts, the clone army, the Sith, the bounty hunter Jango Fett, etc. The action is good, the mystery is good, the romance is sort of stupid due to dialogue and such, and the score is good (from what I could hear). Of course it's not my favorite Star Wars film, but not my least favorite, either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Saw Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones for about the hundredth time time last night. As I saw the film, I couldn't help but notice the large amount of mystery surrounding this one. Almost the entire story is built upon mystery after mystery: the mysteries of the assassination attempts, the clone army, the Sith, the bounty hunter Jango Fett, etc. The action is good, the mystery is good, the romance is sort of stupid due to dialogue and such, and the score is good (from what I could hear). Of course it's not my favorite Star Wars film, but not my least favorite, either.

Just out of curiosity, what are your favourite Star Wars films in order to favourite to least favourite?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Just out of curiosity, what are your favourite Star Wars films in order to favourite to least favourite?

IMHO, ATOC is the worst of the bunch. As you said, there's a good story there but the execution was just plain AWFUL. CGI Yoda was terrible, the lightsabre battles were down right disappointing, the dialog - vomit inducing, C-3PO turns into and bumbling fool, flying R2-D2, little Boba Fett.... ARGH! The score, besides the love theme and the Chase Through Corescant is the worst of the series. This "film" is bad, bad, bad, bad.

BTW, Star Wars ranking.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Star Wars
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. Attack of the Clones. <-- even the title sucks!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    My list is exactly the same. Empire is one of the best film I've ever seen. And CGI Yoda was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Yoda is ALIVE in Empire.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Hmmm... Well, currently, it's:

1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. Attack of the Clones
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. A New Hope
    6. The Phantom Menace
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    My list is exactly the same. Empire is one of the best film I've ever seen. And CGI Yoda was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Yoda is ALIVE in Empire.

Abso-frikkin-lutely! beer Suck CGI Yoda does.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

IMHO, ATOC is the worst of the bunch. As you said, there's a good story there but the execution was just plain AWFUL. CGI Yoda was terrible, the lightsabre battles were down right disappointing, the dialog - vomit inducing, C-3PO turns into and bumbling fool, flying R2-D2, little Boba Fett.... ARGH! The score, besides the love theme and the Chase Through Corescant is the worst of the series. This "film" is bad, bad, bad, bad.

BTW, Star Wars ranking.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Star Wars
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. Attack of the Clones. <-- even the title sucks!

-Erik-

Nothing to surprise you with here as my list is exactly the same!!

The most enjoyable part of 'Clones' for me was Fett and Kenobi's fight on the ocean platform.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Star Wars
    Empire Strikes Back
    Revenge of the Sith
    Return of the Jedi
    Attack of the Clones
    The Phantom Menace

Score wise - it's exactly the same!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    The most enjoyable part of 'Clones' for me was Fett and Kenobi's fight on the ocean platform.

Ah, yes, on Kamino. Cool scene. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Empire Strikes Back
    Revenge of the Sith
    Return of the jedi
    A new Hope
    The Phantom menace
    Attack of the clones
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Star Wars
    Empire Strikes Back
    Revenge of the Sith
    Return of the Jedi
    Attack of the Clones
    The Phantom Menace

Hmm, score wise? Mine would be:

The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars or The Phantom Menace (Phantom was my first John Williams score that I bought on CD, so it holds a special place amongst my collection)
    Return Of The Jedi
    Revenge Of The Sith
    Attack Of The Clones

All of them either fantastic or a masterpiece. No less! punk

I never tire of Star Wars lists! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    (Phantom was my first John Williams score that I bought on CD...

Same with me! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Star Wars
    Empire Strikes Back
    Revenge of the Sith
    Return of the Jedi
    Attack of the Clones
    The Phantom Menace

Hmm, score wise? Mine would be:

The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars or The Phantom Menace (Phantom was my first John Williams score that I bought on CD, so it holds a special place amongst my collection)
    Return Of The Jedi
    Revenge Of The Sith
    Attack Of The Clones

All of them either fantastic or a masterpiece. No less! punk

I never tire of Star Wars lists! biggrin

Hmmmm....toughie....

Star Wars / Empire Strikes Back - a tie, I think Empire is the better score but the first one holds so much great nostalgia for me I just couldn't put it in 2nd.

Return ofThe Jedi

The Phantom Menace

Revenge of The Sith - I was going to put this ahead of 'Phantom' but then I realised it was because it re-hashes so much from the earlier scores that I love, I went for 'Phantom' over this for it's fresher originality.

Attack of The Clones - maybe last but it's still damn fine scoring.
  1. Finding Nemo

I knew it was gonna be good, but I didnt' know this was gonna be that good. Purely amazing piece, the drama, the comedy, the action, everything is simply brilliant. These guys have a lot of inspiration, and I must confess that James has it right, alongside Toy Story 2 and Ratatouille these are the best yet.

So far I haven't seen Wall-E so, who knows? wink

10 out of 10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Finding Nemo

I knew it was gonna be good, but I didnt' know this was gonna be that good. Purely amazing piece, the drama, the comedy, the action, everything is simply brilliant. These guys have a lot of inspiration, and I must confess that James has it right, alongside Toy Story 2 and Ratatouille these are the best yet.

10 out of 10

Couldn't agree more, i've watched it 4 times so far, brings me to tears each and every time.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    MUST. SEE. DARK. KNIGHT.

I've got tickets to go see it on Thursday (I assume, a friend booked). Cannot wait. crazy
  2. Anthony wrote
    MUST. SEE. DARK. KNIGHT.

I've got tickets to go see it on Thursday (I assume, a friend booked). Cannot wait. crazy

hehe, me too, thursday's and I already have my ticket, this is gonna be so awesome punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wanna see it but I can wait a bit.

Batman got arrested for beating up his mum and sister.
  3. Timmer wrote

Christian Bale's attorneys released a statement Tuesday denying assault allegations that led to the actor's arrest in London: "Christian Bale attended a London police station today, on a voluntary basis, in order to assist with an allegation that had been made against him to the police by his mother and sister," the star's lawyers said in the statement. "Mr. Bale who denies the allegation, co-operated throughout, gave his account in full of the events in question, and has left the station without any charge being made against him by the police. At this time, there will be no further comment by Mr. Bale."

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

Christian Bale's attorneys released a statement Tuesday denying assault allegations that led to the actor's arrest in London: "Christian Bale attended a London police station today, on a voluntary basis, in order to assist with an allegation that had been made against him to the police by his mother and sister," the star's lawyers said in the statement. "Mr. Bale who denies the allegation, co-operated throughout, gave his account in full of the events in question, and has left the station without any charge being made against him by the police. At this time, there will be no further comment by Mr. Bale."

tongue

So he's on Bale? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    So he's on bail?

....wait, am I doing it right?
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Finding Nemo

10 out of 10

Uh oh, I feel an evening out with the Pixar boys & girls coming up this weekend. Get it brother? This and Cars (which I'm not interested in) were the only ones I missed. Just so I know what I'll be watching next haha...

And better than the Incredibles?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Wyatt wrote
    I recently saw Narnia 2: Prince Caspian and was not very satisfied with it. It was kind of boring and it didn't seem to have anything to do with the first movie's story other than where it's set and Aslan. Also, all of the cool action sequences (the water giant and trees are what I'm refering to) seemed to be taken right out of LOTR.. Really, the film didn't have too much going for it other than that witty mouse guy.. Maybe it's just not my cup of tea, but it seemed just like regergetated fantasy bullshit.. no offense to anyone who liked it.

Have you read the book? As a matter of fact, much of the things you speak of are found throughout the book. The water giant and the trees may seem to be from The Lord of the Rings, but they are from the original novel, which was written about the same time as The Lord of the Rings. Another thing you should know is that C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien were good friends who met regularly while they were in the process of writing their bestselling cycles. It is possible that the trees and water giant ideas were inspired by The Lord of the Rings, but even that is highly unlikely. The two were some of the greatest authors of their time, and were basically the founders of the fantasy genre we know today. So you can't really say Prince Caspian is "just like regergetated fantasy bullshit," because the correct wording would be, Every other bad fantasy film is just like a regenerated Prince Caspian. Fact is, Prince Caspian and the other Narnia books upon which the films are based are some of the pioneering fantasy novels. You can't say they're cliched, because it's actually many of the modern fantasy stories that are cliched and, as you put it, "regergetated fantasy bullshit."

No I have not read the book. And I'm aware of most of this, and I'm sorry if my comments offended you, but it doesn't make it a good film. The filmmakers knew that so many elements of the story have been executed by so many other fantasy series, yet the failed to set themselves apart and at least take on an original way of making these elements however that would be. You're right though, C. S. Lewis wrote it a long time ago, I'm sorry I said it was regergetated; the film just did nothing original at all (I think), and I don't think I would have liked it even if there wasn't a bunch of other fantasy films that came before it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Wyatt wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Wyatt wrote
    I recently saw Narnia 2: Prince Caspian and was not very satisfied with it. It was kind of boring and it didn't seem to have anything to do with the first movie's story other than where it's set and Aslan. Also, all of the cool action sequences (the water giant and trees are what I'm refering to) seemed to be taken right out of LOTR.. Really, the film didn't have too much going for it other than that witty mouse guy.. Maybe it's just not my cup of tea, but it seemed just like regergetated fantasy bullshit.. no offense to anyone who liked it.

Have you read the book? As a matter of fact, much of the things you speak of are found throughout the book. The water giant and the trees may seem to be from The Lord of the Rings, but they are from the original novel, which was written about the same time as The Lord of the Rings. Another thing you should know is that C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien were good friends who met regularly while they were in the process of writing their bestselling cycles. It is possible that the trees and water giant ideas were inspired by The Lord of the Rings, but even that is highly unlikely. The two were some of the greatest authors of their time, and were basically the founders of the fantasy genre we know today. So you can't really say Prince Caspian is "just like regergetated fantasy bullshit," because the correct wording would be, Every other bad fantasy film is just like a regenerated Prince Caspian. Fact is, Prince Caspian and the other Narnia books upon which the films are based are some of the pioneering fantasy novels. You can't say they're cliched, because it's actually many of the modern fantasy stories that are cliched and, as you put it, "regergetated fantasy bullshit."

No I have not read the book. And I'm aware of most of this, and I'm sorry if my comments offended you, but it doesn't make it a good film. The filmmakers knew that so many elements of the story have been executed by so many other fantasy series, yet the failed to set themselves apart and at least take on an original way of making these elements however that would be. You're right though, C. S. Lewis wrote it a long time ago, I'm sorry I said it was regergetated; the film just did nothing original at all (I think), and I don't think I would have liked it even if there wasn't a bunch of other fantasy films that came before it.

You didn't offend me at all. I was merely pointing out that, though the film is a completely different animal than the book, it is actually not cliched at all (though yes, to modern audiences who have seen other fantasy films, it is cliched). The book itself is actually quite anti-cinematic, and from what I hear, it made for a very difficult time rendering a screenplay. Anyways, no harm done, and no offense at all taken. beer
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    TheTelmarine wrote
    You didn't offend me at all. I was merely pointing out that, though the film is a completely different animal than the book, it is actually not cliched at all (though yes, to modern audiences who have seen other fantasy films, it is cliched). The book itself is actually quite anti-cinematic, and from what I hear, it made for a very difficult time rendering a screenplay. Anyways, no harm done, and no offense at all taken. beer

Alright, good, I was worried for a moment there. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Wyatt wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Alright, good, I was worried for a moment there. beer

Nah, it's it's all good. beer
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Finding Nemo

10 out of 10

Uh oh, I feel an evening out with the Pixar boys & girls coming up this weekend. Get it brother? This and Cars (which I'm not interested in) were the only ones I missed. Just so I know what I'll be watching next haha...

And better than the Incredibles?

hehe, you bet ya about the weekend tongue
    The Incredibles is also superb, but there's something about this movie that just has you hooked tongue . Trust me, it it simply brilliant wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008 edited
    My respect for the Finding Nemo score grew even more when I watched the movie and heard how perfectly it fit! Especially the Main Title music with the piano, so emotional!!

I want to see Wall-E too and have another great experience! biggrin
  6. DemonStar wrote
    My respect for the Finding Nemo score grew even more when I watched the movie and heard how perfectly it fit! Especially the Main Title music with the piano, so emotional!!

I want to see Wall-E too and have another great experience! biggrin

That's true, the score works perfectly in the film, but I wished perhaps it would have been a little more fleshed out in the end