• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I do. Whenever it´s on air and I switch accidentally into it, ...

Oh and btw it couldn't be on TV on any different fashion other than accidentally biggrin tongue beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. I guess there are some female program planners... biggrin
  2. Macho males, who do they think they are fooling.... tongue
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. Oh, its the dreams which count. Reality sucks, as we all know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008 edited
    the yards - very dark , realistic epic crime saga with the perfect cast. One of my new favourites.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    ....or be a woman. cheesy tongue beer

biggrin

Newman's score is good but I've never seen the film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Well, it´s one really, really long advertisement for Montana. If you like stuff like that, go on with it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Well, it´s one really, really long advertisement for Montana. If you like stuff like that, go on with it.

I'll give it a miss.

Why a Horse Whisperer anyway? Why not speak to them at a normal volume!? I don't trust anyone who whispers to horses.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008 edited
    I saw Camelot last night. Good film, great music, though the singing isn't up to par with that of the Broadway version, IMO.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Well, it´s one really, really long advertisement for Montana. If you like stuff like that, go on with it.

I'll give it a miss.

Why a Horse Whisperer anyway? Why not speak to them at a normal volume!? I don't trust anyone who whispers to horses.

Nor Manimals! I don't trust anyone who can change into three different animals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    I saw Kung Fu Panda last week. I enjoyed it a lot.

Good story (the ending could've been better though), good characters (I hope "five" fighters were more involved). But what I loved most was its "visuals"...

Great background! Great character design!
    That's what I think PIXAR is inferior to other studios... (I'm fed up with their realistic backgrounds, and their character designs are usually uninteresting... rolleyes )

Animation was also great, both in 3D (fun action scenes!) and 2D. I love the opening sequence and end credit! Bravo for James Baxter! biggrin

And music was punk
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  5. Miya wrote
    But what I loved most was its "visuals"...

Tell me about it. That was actually the main reason why I wanted to see this thing in theatres, not at home (that I will do later, and quite often, I guess). I saw the trailer on a big screen, and the pictures sprang out at me like... whoa! They were so crystal clear and full of life, I knew immediately I had to see it in theatres, and I´m very, very happy that I did.

Beside that, I liked the approach to that ancient storyplot, and yeah, the character design absolutely, and while the music seemed to be a bit too restricted in the german dubbing, it was still quite spectacular. And it was funny as hell. Great movie.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    I honestly can't stand ( save for a few exceptions ) "reality" shows, Big Brother, Celebrity this n' that etc but I'm going to watch MAESTRO on BBC 2 tonight at 9.00. A bunch of "celebs" compete for one place to conduct a piece of music at the Proms. Taking part are the likes of Jane Asher, Goldie and David Soul.

Could be fun!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008 edited
    SHOOT 'EM UP

A dumb flick about an idiotic carrot-eating bad guy who's actually a good guy but he just can't stop going around shooting up bad guys for no reason (Clive Owen), bad guys who act unbelievably stupid all the time and exist only to be shot at by Mr.Bugs-bunny over there, led by an incredibly idiotic and 24/24 angry boss (Paul Giamatti) and added is a dumb whore (Monica Belucci) who likes to breastfeed strangers at the red light district and stops doing that for absolutely no reasons just to start breast-feeding a stranger lost child and follow Mr.Bugs-bunny, again for no reason, running behind him like a stupid doggy, saying stupid supposedly sexy Italian one-liners and doing blowjobs to strangers in alleys for money.

The moment where i wanted to throw a brick on the TV however, was when Mr.carrot-eating-shooting-people was screwing Monica Belucci while standing, doing combat maneuvers with his naked body and Monica still hooked on him, killing bad guys in his apartment while still screwing her and giving her an orgasm while killing the final bad guy and delivering the following one-lineR:

"Talk about shooting your load" .

Add to all that the noisy Paul Haslinger score and cheap-looking, unoriginal KILL-BILL wanna-be CGI / sfx, Tarantino-wanna be atmosphere and incredibly fake-looking shooting blood all over the place and you have a flick without a story nor meaning, wasted talents, wasted money and your own wasted time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    SHOOT 'EM UP

A dumb flick about an idiotic carrot-eating bad guy who's actually a good guy but he just can't stop going around shooting up bad guys for no reason (Clive Owen), bad guys who act unbelievably stupid all the time and exist only to be shot at by Mr.Bugs-bunny over there, led by an incredibly idiotic and 24/24 angry boss (Paul Giamatti) and added is a dumb whore (Monica Belucci) who likes to breastfeed strangers at the red light district and stops doing that for absolutely no reasons just to start breast-feeding a stranger lost child and follow Mr.Bugs-bunny, again for no reason, running behind him like a stupid doggy, saying stupid supposedly sexy Italian one-liners and doing blowjobs to strangers in alleys for money.

The moment where i wanted to throw a brick on the TV however, was when Mr.carrot-eating-shooting-people was screwing Monica Belucci while standing, doing combat maneuvers with his naked body and Monica still hooked on him, killing bad guys in his apartment while still screwing her and giving her an orgasm while killing the final bad guy and delivering the following one-lineR:

Add to all that the noisy Paul Haslinger score and cheap-looking, unoriginal KILL-BILL wanna-be CGI / sfx, Tarantino-wanna be atmosphere and incredibly fake-looking shooting blood all over the place and you have a flick without a story nor meaning, wasted talents, wasted money and your own wasted time..

lol

I couldn´t agree more btw. One of the crappiest films I´ve watched lately; actually, one of the crappiest films I´ve watched EVER.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. I've only seen the sex scene / gun fight scene, which on its own is quite funny. I imagine a whole film of that world would be pretty unbearable, though.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    I can't wait to see SHOOT EM UP wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote

Prepare the paper bag....for the puke biggrin
    Stay as far as you can from this film, your mental health is at stake!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    SHOOT 'EM UP

Add to all that the noisy Paul Haslinger score and cheap-looking, unoriginal KILL-BILL wanna-be CGI / sfx, Tarantino-wanna be atmosphere and incredibly fake-looking shooting blood all over the place and you have a flick without a story nor meaning, wasted talents, wasted money and your own wasted time..

lol

I couldn´t agree more btw. One of the crappiest films I´ve watched lately; actually, one of the crappiest films I´ve watched EVER.

You guys DIDN'T LIKE Shoot 'Em Up? That movie is AWESOME!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What are you smoking?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's the most overblown, violent, blood-fest of gunfights and bad one liners. What's not to like!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    It's the most overblown, violent, blood-fest of gunfights and bad one liners. What's not to like!?

I was sure you were onto...... something
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote

You want GOOD overblown, violent, blood-fest of gunfights and more? go to the Martial Arts / Asian Action thread and start renting / buying the DVD´s we mention there wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008 edited
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies - Music by Joe Hisaishi

Cute little girl?... check.
    Protective brother?... check.
    Passed-away mother?... check.
    Cute little puppies?... check.
    Dog-hating father?... check.
    Earthquake?... check.
    Tear-jerking moments?... check.
    Happy Ending(tm)?... check.

What can I say? I like it! biggrin

Oh! And Hisaishi's music? Gorgeous theme, as always. I need to get this!

I always think they made this movie too early... it's based on a real story happened just 3 years ago (Niigata Prefecture Chuetsu Earthquake) rolleyes But I wanna see it, just to see cute shiba dogs!!!! tongue (and of course for Hisaishi's score)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus

What a reall mess.

The script is mediocre, and now the visual style is not so gorgeous like it was 16 years ago.

Vangelis music is edited as hell, luckly he came up with a best album realease.

TONIGHT! THE DARK KNIGHT!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote

What a reall mess.

The script is mediocre, and now the visual style is not so gorgeous like it was 16 years ago.

Vangelis music is edited as hell, luckly he came up with a best album realease.

TONIGHT! THE DARK KNIGHT!

1492 may not be great but it's not bad either, far better than the crappy Columbus The Discovery.

Vangelis score is great smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

I was jesting, I have no intention of watching it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

I was jesting, I have no intention of watching it. wink

I know, I just wanted to remark how crappy it is wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Why do people on this forum puke when they watch or listen to something they don't like? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Because it´s soooo graphic.