• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Jolie´s face looks like a skull in Wanted; seriously Angelina, eat more protein ...

I've got some ideas for that...

shocked

DUDE!

angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Nautilus wrote
    Black Rain

I use to remember this movie was bad. And the reviews in rotten tomatoes says is very, very bad.

But for some reason I didn't find at bad at all! Scott did much worst movies after that one.

In fact, I think it's cool and Zimmer score fits like a globe!

beer

It's glove, Jordi biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote

Jolie´s face looks like a skull in Wanted; seriously Angelina, eat more protein ...

I've got some ideas for that...

As Borat would say: Naughty naughty, Demetris....

Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's not my fault; it's the Creator's
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    All the talk about WANTED and not a mention..........friggin ANGELINA JOLIE!!? Are you nuts?!

Not particularly pretty in this film. Actually, she is dangerously thin IMO.

I agree with you Marcel, she's looking like the dreaded lollypop headed celebs.

p.s. Angelina may have a gorgeous face but she also has the ugliest arms and legs.

In fact, apart from a great face and breasts Angelina has no ass, knees bigger than her thighs, elbows she could climb mountains with and hands that the Boston strangler would be proud of.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

Nowhere did I say she was HORRIBLE, D wink

By the way, we see celebs much more clearly when they are caught unaware and not posing for shots!

I must say though that I've never seen a shot of Angelina's face looking anything less than godess like. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oook...changing the subject. tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

Ahhh the girl next door lick cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

Wow, talking about being naughty... devil
  2. Marselus wrote
    Iron Man

Pretty spectacular and a fun ride overall. I have to admit that as much as I would have loved to see Debney scoring it, Djawadi´s score is cool in the movie.

Signed. Every word of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Iron Man

Pretty spectacular and a fun ride overall. I have to admit that as much as I would have loved to see Debney scoring it, Djawadi´s score is cool in the movie.

Signed. Every word of it.

beer
    The truth is that I´m not too familiar with the character, so it kinda surprised me the prologue and the way Stark becomes Iron Man. Besides, Robert Downey Jr. shows again the good actor he is.
    As for the score, having listened it as a stand alone listening experience, I didn´t expect that I´d enjoy it so much in the film.
  3. I´ve neen read or seen anything Iron Man-related, so the character was new for me. Of course, he´s Robert Downey Jr. now for me. I loved how Downey played the character / himself up to best possible limit without going over the top. This movie could have blown Downey out of acting orbit finally, instead it brought him back big time, and I´m happy for him. Beside that, Gwynneth never looked better, the humour is great, and yeah, that score gave the movie additional balls.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    There's always something tremendously off-putting for me, about Robert Downey Jr. I can't really tell what but i get urges to hit the TV whenever his face appears!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    There's always something tremendously off-putting for me, about Robert Downey Jr. I can't really tell what but i get urges to hit the TV whenever his face appears!

He's a brilliant actor. I do find him difficult to watch in interviews though, maybe it's the fact he's a bit messed up from all the years of drug abuse? Seems to make him quirky and intense.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008
    Children of Men is one of my personal favorites .
    I think the film is perfect.
    Especially the music. Even the score I can listen to all the time.

Any thoughts on the film?
    I love the long takes the director took. It makes the film feel so real.
    And Owen and Caine are perfect. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    omaha wrote

Couldn't agree more. But it's a very grim, odd and unsettling film. I remember being very sad and upset for days after having viewed the film, in a very strange way that i can't really understand since i can't tell if i LOVED it or not, it has affected me greatly, since; i guess that's what the point of the filmmakers too?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote

Couldn't agree more. But it's a very grim, odd and unsettling film. I remember being very sad and upset for days after having viewed the film, in a very strange way that i can't really understand since i can't tell if i LOVED it or not, it has affected me greatly, since; i guess that's what the point of the filmmakers too?

It is very emotional and sticks with you days after.
    But, it shows that in the most extreme circumstances man will experience, there is always hope. And good will overcome.
  4. I wanted to like CHILDREN OF MEN more than I did. I think it was incredibly impressive on a technical level (even if they did do digital splices), and the film's production design was also remarkable. The birth scene is a masterful use of special effects in particular. The problem for me in this film is that apart from the technical side of the film, I didn't really respond to the film. I didn't particularly care for the characters and what happened to them, and the extensive use of pseudo-one take scenes only distracted me further from the story, convincing me at most moments that I was watching an elaborate piece of choreography rather than a fine story. The presence of nine scriptwriters probably has something to do with that.

The music I found tricky. The way they faded up and down the same moments from 'Fragments of a Prayer' throughout the film made it feel a bit more like a quality temp track than music written specifically to the shape of this story. The use of the Beatles song and babies crying at the end was one of those touches that again distracted me from the story, and reminded me that I was watching the work of talented people. The work of talented people will keep me coming back to this film, but it doesn't on its own get me in emotionally.

This could have the BLADERUNNER of our time.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008
    Saw De battre mon coeur s'est arrêté (The Beat That My Heart Skipped) a couple of nights ago. I really liked it. The setup was quite intriguing. A guy who once had a talent for the piano is now in the real estate mafia business, and wants to give one last shot at being a concert pianist. Yet another Jacques Audiard movie that I like now (the previous one was Read My Lips).

Somehow I don't remember anything about the score. Maybe I was following the movie too closely. sad I should probably give that Jacques Audiard- Alexandre Desplat compilation a spin.
  5. The score as heard in the film is used very subtly. (Great film, by the way, as is READ MY LIPS.)
    The album arrangement, of all cues mixed together in a suite that runs for 15 minutes, is a much better arrangement of the music than the way it is heard in the film.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Silverado

Having listened to and thoroughly enjoyed the music for many years I have long wanted to watch this. What a disappointment. Essentially just a collection of scenes cobbled together from other, far superior westerns.

About Schmidt

The film loses its way a bit and descends into slapstick once Kathy Bates appears (though it's not her fault - she's fine) but I've watched it so many times, I obviously don't mind that much. People who bought the DVD based on the quotes on the packaging ("The most hilarious film for years!" - "You will be rolling around the floor in howls of laughter!" etc) will be disappointed because it is very much drama with witty elements rather than a comedy, but never mind.

Taxi Driver

Never loses it. Great film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Dark Knight

Finally got to see it last. Wow, what a film! Much better than the first one, it actually had a real sense of danger, I feared for the characters' lives. Quite Shakespearean in some respects with many of the issues the characters go through.

It's a fantastic drama and an equally impressive action film. Nolan deserves to win the Oscar for this one (even though I couldn't care less whether he does or not, the film will still be an excellent film whether it wins anything or not).

This film truly deserved a Goldenthal score. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The Dark Knight

Finally got to see it last. Wow, what a film! Much better than the first one, it actually had a real sense of danger, I feared for the characters' lives. Quite Shakespearean in some respects with many of the issues the characters go through.

It's a fantastic drama and an equally impressive action film. Nolan deserves to win the Oscar for this one (even though I couldn't care less whether he does or not, the film will still be an excellent film whether it wins anything or not).

This film truly deserved a Goldenthal score. sad

That was always going to be unlikely with Nolan distancing himself from the earlier films.

I have no opinion of the film or score, did you not like Zimmer/JNH contribution?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2008
    Yes and no. I thought some parts worked very well, especially the music/sound effects for the Joker. But much of the film was above Zimmer in my opinion, he just wasn't able to pull it off as well as the film deserved. Would have been better if JNH was the only composer perhaps? I still think Goldenthal would have been the perfect choice for this film.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Yes and no. I thought some parts worked very well, especially the music/sound effects for the Joker. But much of the film was above Zimmer in my opinion, he just wasn't able to pull it off as well as the film deserved. Would have been better if JNH was the only composer perhaps? I still think Goldenthal would have been the perfect choice for this film.

Tbh, now I've heard the score, I can't think of anyone but Zimmer and JNH who I would want to score it.
  6. Steven wrote

Have you read Nolan's liner notes to the album? Nolan says that he originally wanted to make a COMPLETE rehash of the first score, the temp-track were the rejected demos to Batman Begins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    franz_conrad wrote
    The score as heard in the film is used very subtly. (Great film, by the way, as is READ MY LIPS.)
    The album arrangement, of all cues mixed together in a suite that runs for 15 minutes, is a much better arrangement of the music than the way it is heard in the film.

Yay! Kind of figured that you might have seen it.
    Read My Lips is what made me check out Desplat the first time.

Saw La Corsa dell'Innocente (Flight of the Innocent) last night. I used a clip from it for the recent GTS game and had to check out the movie. Stunning locations and beautiful cinematography. A boy from a family of kidnappers (who've been slain) is on the run from the killers. The ending is quite contrived but on the whole it's a decent film.
    Francesca Neri is gorgeous (as she was in Carne Tremula)!
    Carlo Siliotto is better at tender/dramatic moments than scoring for action.
  7. Attack of the Clones

Cool movie.

Until somebody speaks out biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Attack of the Clones

Cool movie.

Until somebody speaks out biggrin

Precisely.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!