• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. sdtom wrote
    What Cate film are we talking about?

The most recent Indiana Jones movie.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2008
    I'm looking forward to seeing her in CCBB and I enjoyed her role in Veronica Guerin. Is she some sort of troublemaker?
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'd start her own thread but I fear I'd be bashed again
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I might be at the movies all day on Xmas with Marley and Me (dog looks so cute), CCBB, and Valkyrie.
  2. this evening we'll watch a typical feel good Christmas film, I think no better example than SCROOGED with Bill Murray, wonderful how it al transforms to such a lovely finale in the end

punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008
    no Scrooge for me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008
    Wallace & Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death

Not as good as the classics, but still a lot better than the movie. Plus Julian Nott provided another excellent score! cheesy
  3. I saw The Happening once again

Definitely Shyamalan's weakest movie of all, plus what a bad acted movie shocked
    Jeezus only Leguiziamo received my compassion

Some excellent scenes but that's it, plus no closure, no feeling
    it could have continued forever
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Wallace & Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death

Not as good as the classics, but still a lot better than the movie. Plus Julian Nott provided another excellent score! cheesy

Agreed but it was still great fun. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Who is this Watchman dude? Saw previews. The music is awful (T Bates)
  4. WE OWN THE NIGHT (dir: James Gray)

A really finely directed crime melodrama, from NY-based director James Gray (The Yards, Little Odessa), starring Joaquin Phoenix, Mark Wahlberg and Robert Duvall. The choice of Wojciech Kilar as composer, though his score is brief, was inspired. He lends this film mythic gravitas that few recent crimes films have achieved. The film also features one of the cleverest and least-expected car chase scenes I've come across in a film. I can't think of too many other filmmakers brave enough to set a car chase in a rainstorm.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I saw The Happening once again

Definitely Shyamalan's weakest movie of all, plus what a bad acted movie shocked

We watched that hunk of crap last night, too. It was HILARIOUS! Marky Mark talking to the plastic tree was the highlight!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

We watched that hunk of crap last night, too. It was HILARIOUS! Marky Mark talking to the plastic tree was the highlight!

-Erik-

Easily the most sad ass Shyamalan film I've seen ( I haven't seen Lady In The Water ), as I've said before, if he doesn't raise the bar we won't be getting anymore JNH scores for his films because M. Night won't be able to afford him.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

-Erik-

That tree is the most convincing character in the entire film. Even it is plastic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BIG

Is on TV right now, one of my favourites.

Sometimes it's easy to forget considering how many serious roles he's done now just how good a comic actor Tom Hanks is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    are comic books now graphic novels?
  5. The big ones, yes, I think. The size may matter.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    are comic books now graphic novels?

Yes! Usually originally released as comic books ( including Watchmen ) and then released in one large volume as a graphic novel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Deal Or No Deal

They don't half attract superstitious half-wits for this program! dizzy I particularly like it when they loose out on the £250k. It makes my day. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A new avatar I see, Steven. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008 edited
    A revamp. The Rebel Alliance are no match for the Empire... y'hear that Martijn?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Deal Or No Deal

They don't half attract superstitious half-wits for this program! dizzy I particularly like it when they loose out on the £250k. It makes my day. biggrin

Hah! punk biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    A revamp. The Rebel Alliance are no match for the Empire... y'hear that Martijn?

Your overconfidence is your weakness....
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Saw lots of movies in the last few days-

Ti Piace Hitchcock? (Do You Like Hitchcock?)
    A Dario Argento flick of the 90s. It's not that bad. I just didn't like that it was in English. Apparently they shot in English (there's an Italian dub as well) when it should have been the other way around. There are a lot of Hitchcockian plots in this one. There's one chase scene that is absolutely hilarious (unintentionally)! And Cristina Brondo is a cutie! biggrin Pino Donaggio scores another fine one for a thriller.

The Train
    WW2 is getting to a close and Germany is trying to make away with France's art treasure-- hundreds of paintings by all the biggies. Burt Lancaster is the only person who can prevent the train from transporting this to Germany. Excellent movie on many levels. They don't make movies like this anymore sad I don't remember much from the Maurice Jarre score. The main titles were nice though.

Wise Guys
    A light-hearted DePalma film starring Danny DeVito and Joe Piscopo. They are on the run from a mobster and his gang after gambling away his money. It's fun alright but I didn't find anything DePalma-ish about it. Surprised that Ira Newborn did the score.

WALL-E
    Bah! It's ok. The initial part of the movie was nice. Then it started getting sillier and sillier. Anyway, I hope Tom Newman gets a nod at the Oscars this time.

Plus an Indian flick from the early 80s. Wicked fun! An infectious theme for a sex-maniac dad, scored by the demi-god of Indian scores-- Ilayaraaja.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2008 edited
    BhelPuri wrote
    Saw lots of movies in the last few days-

Ti Piace Hitchcock? (Do You Like Hitchcock?)
    A Dario Argento flick of the 90s. It's not that bad. I just didn't like that it was in English. Apparently they shot in English (there's an Italian dub as well) when it should have been the other way around. There are a lot of Hitchcockian plots in this one. There's one chase scene that is absolutely hilarious (unintentionally)! And Cristina Brondo is a cutie! biggrin Pino Donaggio scores another fine one for a thriller.

The Train
    WW2 is getting to a close and Germany is trying to make away with France's art treasure-- hundreds of paintings by all the biggies. Burt Lancaster is the only person who can prevent the train from transporting this to Germany. Excellent movie on many levels. They don't make movies like this anymore sad I don't remember much from the Maurice Jarre score. The main titles were nice though.

Wise Guys
    A light-hearted DePalma film starring Danny DeVito and Joe Piscopo. They are on the run from a mobster and his gang after gambling away his money. It's fun alright but I didn't find anything DePalma-ish about it. Surprised that Ira Newborn did the score.

WALL-E
    Bah! It's ok. The initial part of the movie was nice. Then it started getting sillier and sillier. Anyway, I hope Tom Newman gets a nod at the Oscars this time.

Plus an Indian flick from the early 80s. Wicked fun! An infectious theme for a sex-maniac dad, scored by the demi-god of Indian scores-- Ilayaraaja.

THE TRAIN is a superb movie. All those train crashes and NO model work whatsoever!!! shocked Without a doubt THE greatest train crashes commited to film EVER! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008 edited
    Tonight we started watching Babylon 5 again.

Hell, this stuff has aged. A lot. But it´s still a lot of fun, given that we´ve been massive fans back in the Nineties. The nostalgic flashbacks certainly were worth it, and things will soon boil up, as we well know. Our daughter is seeing it for the first time, of course, and she´s having most fun seeing G'Kar´s plots spoiled again and again, and she seems to like Londo a lot. Now, we´ll see how loyalties will change down the road... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    Might be able to see Valkyrie
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Your overconfidence is your weakness....

...your faith in your friends is yours.

Prick.

(wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Just watching a Quantum of Solace making-of documentary and it just showed David Arnold at his work desk. It was interesting to hear his synth mock-ups and how they're very similiar to the final product. So Dodd doesn't always have as huge an influence on the final sound as we may think. For an Arnold fan this is good news! biggrin

Olga looking hot as ever. love
  6. It could be said that Arnold has had enough years to learn from Dodd so that he could do it by himself. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am