• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    Something tells me you're not far from the truth there? (My heart is screaming "He's wrong! He's wrong!" though. biggrin )
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Record crowds in San Diego for CCBB. Glad to see it.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Steven wrote
    Deal Or No Deal

They don't half attract superstitious half-wits for this program! dizzy I particularly like it when they loose out on the £250k. It makes my day. biggrin

A massive pointless exercise in utter bloody guesswork. Even though there is no applicable strategy whatsoever, Noel spends the entire show pretending there is! "What's your game plan?" "What drew you to that box?" rolleyes

"We must get a blue. It HAS to be blue! Come on, come on, BLUE, BLUE, BLUE, BLUE! .... A BLUE!!! Well played! How skillful! Time to flip the next coin..."
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Wallace & Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death

Not as good as the classics, but still a lot better than the movie. Plus Julian Nott provided another excellent score! cheesy

I WANT TO SEE IT NOW. (I can't find any info about when and how it will be released in Japan crazy )

I like the movie as well as the classics, though dog
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Just watching a Quantum of Solace making-of documentary and it just showed David Arnold at his work desk. It was interesting to hear his synth mock-ups and how they're very similiar to the final product. So Dodd doesn't always have as huge an influence on the final sound as we may think. For an Arnold fan this is good news! biggrin

Olga looking hot as ever. love

But then again, none of the electronics in QOS sound particularly professional. They probably just got the orchestra and stuck them over the mock-ups. slant
  1. Over the last few days we've been watching some Christmas shows.

This year's Christmas Doctor Who special must have been one of the poorest yet. Repeatedly bringing back old "monsters" hoping that that would bring with it some of the old enthusiasm is wearing a bit thin now and the storyline wasn't particularly inspiring.

Things improved with the Wallace and Gromit effort.

A couple of highlights were The Royle Family's Christmas special - very funny indeed!! And there was a programme on last night about a guy called Bill Cotton - the person for a lot of the BBC's greatest light entertainment shows from the '70s and '80s: Morcambe and Wise, The Two Ronnies, Dad's Army, Hi-Di-Hi, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, etc.

Still to watch on DVD:

The Dark Knight
    Hellboy II: The Golden Army

I haven't seen either of these so I'm looking forward to these!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    Steven wrote
    Deal Or No Deal

They don't half attract superstitious half-wits for this program! dizzy I particularly like it when they loose out on the £250k. It makes my day. biggrin

A massive pointless exercise in utter bloody guesswork. Even though there is no applicable strategy whatsoever, Noel spends the entire show pretending there is! "What's your game plan?" "What drew you to that box?" rolleyes

"We must get a blue. It HAS to be blue! Come on, come on, BLUE, BLUE, BLUE, BLUE! .... A BLUE!!! Well played! How skillful! Time to flip the next coin..."

biggrin

..... biggrin

I think the nail has been hit on the head.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    LSH wrote
    Steven wrote
    Deal Or No Deal

biggrin

..... biggrin

I think the nail has been hit on the head.

Yeap! Deal or No Deal is a game of luck and percentages, it also shows what an old pro Noel Edmonds is as he makes an entertaining show out of nothing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    In other words, the game largely exists in Noel's head. In fact, he's the only person in the studio with any game plan whatsoever, since he has to employ various cunning strategies to maintain the viewer's interest if the £250,000 prize is eliminated early on. Noel's basically taking part in an improvisational drama workshop in which he plays the hysterical personality of a man arbitrarily flipping coins. The weird thing is, it sort of works. Something about Noel's ceaseless interest in unpredictable events draws you in.

So there you go. It's all a figment of his imagination. Maybe we all are. Maybe he's dreaming us now. And he's about to wake up and we'll all cease to exist.

slant dizzy
  2. bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    In other words, the game largely exists in Noel's head. In fact, he's the only person in the studio with any game plan whatsoever, since he has to employ various cunning strategies to maintain the viewer's interest if the £250,000 prize is eliminated early on. Noel's basically taking part in an improvisational drama workshop in which he plays the hysterical personality of a man arbitrarily flipping coins. The weird thing is, it sort of works. Something about Noel's ceaseless interest in unpredictable events draws you in.

So there you go. It's all a figment of his imagination. Maybe we all are. Maybe he's dreaming us now. And he's about to wake up and we'll all cease to exist.

slant dizzy

Excellently summed up......and you may not be far wrong, isn't Edmonds part of that wishful thinking 'cosmic order' malarky?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Oh yes. Is that something to with the various little doodles on his hand?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Oh yes. Is that something to with the various little doodles on his hand?

That's right.....I think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Wall E - visually stunning. It was fun to see a movie without much dialogue for a change too. I loved the end credits as well by the way. Kids loved it. Nice movie. Story? Well, for children such a view on the world is not so bad at all I think. And I liked how the story developed by just visuals.

Oh, and I didn't notice the music much at all. Really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Really!? Not even the lift-off sequence and arrival to the Axiom?? Holy not-paying-attention Batman! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I loved Wall-E when I took my sister to see it at the cinema. I felt the music really stood out but that may be because I had already got the CD. I look forward to seeing it again on DVD. Blu-ray of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Steven wrote
    Really!? Not even the lift-off sequence and arrival to the Axiom?? Holy not-paying-attention Batman! shocked

Well, I noticed the music of course, but nothing stood out for me, no. Not like 'Oh, I have to hear this again on CD!'

Maybe I was too impressed with the sound effects? We watched the movie on the new surround set and there are some great sound effects in this movie!
    dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I enjoyed Wall-E
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregje wrote

Well, I noticed the music of course, but nothing stood out for me, no. Not like 'Oh, I have to hear this again on CD!'

Well; you don't. wink biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    Family Guy

Odd episodes on BBC3 late at night. The writing has become much wittier and funnier in these later seasons. Much like South Park, Family Guy is one of those shows that if you're an idiot, you will take it at face value and you will be insulted. (Brilliantly mocked in its 100th episode by interviewing apparently regular Americans about the show. biggrin ) For those with a sense of irony and a bit of intelligence, they will see past all that and find some genuinely clever and funny jokes on society - mostly American society.

Of course sometimes it's just funny for its randomness. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Both Mel and I love Family Guy, sharp and funny as fuck punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Family Guy

Odd episodes on BBC3 late at night. The writing has become much wittier and funnier in these later seasons. Much like South Park, Family Guy is one of those shows that if you're an idiot, you will take it at face value and you will be insulted. (Brilliantly mocked in its 100th episode by interviewing apparently regular Americans about the show. biggrin ) For those with a sense of irony and a bit of intelligence, they will see past all that and find some genuinely clever and funny jokes on society - mostly American society.

Of course sometimes it's just funny for its randomness. biggrin

Family guy is brilliant, every bit of it. Can't get enough and i've seen every single episode ever released, at least 3-4 times so far! Stewie is God.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I watched the Stewie Kills Lois/Lois Kills Stewie episodes today. For the first time ever, I wanted that little bastard dead! kill tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    I watched the Stewie Kills Lois/Lois Kills Stewie episodes today. For the first time ever, I wanted that little bastard dead! kill tongue

The ending was brilliant. biggrin
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008 edited
    Have any of you guys seen the two-part South Park episode that mocks Family Guy? Hysterical stuff! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yeah smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    markrayen wrote
    Have any of you guys seen the two-part South Park episode that mocks Family Guy? Hysterical stuff! biggrin

Loved it loved it loved it!

The bike chase on the road had me in fits. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    RV: The Tale of Despereaux

Not quite as charming as I was expecting, but still an OK film.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Steven wrote

Loved it loved it loved it!

The bike chase on the road had me in fits. biggrin

Yeah, but I think the special effects in that scene were blown a little out of proportion... spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    William wrote
    RV: The Tale of Despereaux

Not quite as charming as I was expecting, but still an OK film.

I loved it shame