• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    In no particular order:

1. Jurassic Park by John Williams
    2. HP and the Chamber of Secrets by John Williams
    3. HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban by John Williams
    4. Star Wars IV, V, VI by John Williams
    5. Sleepy Hollow by Danny Elfman
    6. Schindler's List By John Williams
    7. Braveheart by James Horner
    8. Blade Runner by Vangelis
    9. Lemony Snicket: A series of Unfortunate events by Thomas Newman
    10. Road to Perdition by Thomas Newman
    11. The Green Mile by Thomas Newman
    12. Stargate by David Arnold
    13. ID4 by David Arnold
    14. The Spitfire Grill by James Horner
    15. Courage Under Fire by James Horner
    16. The Mummy by Jerry Goldsmith
    17. Gladiator by Hans Zimmer
    18. The Last Samurai by Hans Zimmer
    19. Mouse Hunt by Alan Silvestri
    20. Back to the Future 2

so on and on............
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If you say so.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Return Of The Jedi (the original 1983 variant, with the Ewok Celebration. It's just magic and still gets me every single time.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ahem, no mention of Roar? slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No.
    It's a cool hommage, though. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Anthony wrote
    Ahem, no mention of Roar? slant
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Roar is a must include! Also -

- Dinosaur (JNH)
    - The Incredibles (Mike Giacchino)
    - The Happening (JNH)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah, I see.
    It's gonna be another 'list' topic.

:yawn:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote

- Dinosaur (JNH)
    - The Happening (JNH)

Roar? i never heard of it. By the way, who composed Roar? slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Martijn wrote
    Ah, I see.

Sleep well, buddy! sleep biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Sunil wrote
    DemonStar wrote

- Dinosaur (JNH)
    - The Happening (JNH)

kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sunil wrote

It's the cue Michael Giacchino composed specifically for the end credits of the film Cloverfield. An amazing piece of monster music!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    He's already dead
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Ah, I see.

He will. Like me, everytime Martijn suffers a bout of insomnia he'll pop in this thread for a quick nap.

sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Martijn wrote
    Return Of The Jedi (the original 1983 variant, with the Ewok Celebration. It's just magic and still gets me every single time.)

Ah yes, one of my favourites as well. It's a shame it wasn't part of those 1997-ish (guessing) 'special edition' scores.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  1. Timmer wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Ah, I see.

He will. Like me, everytime Martijn suffers a bout of insomnia he'll pop in this thread for a quick nap.

sleep

applause
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    The Empire Strikes Back - IMHO, the best end credit sequence of all time. A great stand alone piece of music perfectly incorporating all of the films new themes.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - A shame this piece isn't on the expanded soundtrack. Williams had waaaaaaaaaay too much fun writing the score to this film and you can hear it in the End Credit material. The counterpoint between Indy's theme and Short Round theme is only s snippet of the brilliance heard in this piece!

CutThroat Island - 9 minutes of pure adrenaline. Heroic main theme, simple love theme, a reprise of Morgan Takes The Ship and then a mother of all endings featuring more of that spectacular main theme!

Predator 2 - Breakneck speed and some of the finest percussion writing you will ever hear!

Independence Day - Another 9 minute show stopper. All the film;s main theme get a work out and the piece concludes in brilliant Arnold fashion!

Stargate - Even if only for the first 1 minute which is the ONLY original material written for the end credits which is a variation of the Mastadge Drag. Thank you Varese for adding that bonus track on the deluxe edition.

Back To The Future Part III - The classic main theme, the new love theme, the new western motif and sampling of the train action music and a reprise of the classic main... Silvestri at his finest.

The Rocketeer - One of Horner's greatest accomplishments. Horner is still one of only a few composers who still write and arrange an end credit cue and he does it sooooooooo well.

The Incredibles - Brilliant arrangement

Twilight Zone: The Movie - Superb compilation of all the films main themes.

Hellboy - Too bad this didn' make it on the CD however, it can be found on Beltrami's web site.

Bruce Broughton wrote a boat load of great end title pieces - Young Sherlock Holmes, Silverado, Tombstone, Lost in Space - just to name a few. All superb original works.

I know I'm missing a lot but those above immediately jump to mind. I might just have to play my End Credit playlist today! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Braveheart, Cutthroat Island, and the Rocketeer are also some of my favorites. Some that haven't been mentioned:

Glory - The end credits start off so cool, and then move into two stunning arrangements of the theme, one orchestral and one choral.

E.T. - I LOVE the piano that starts this track off, and then it heads into the fantastic theme. This is my favorite John Williams end credits piece.

The Shawshank Redemption - along with the above two pieces, I would put this track in my top 20 favorite tracks of all time.

I also love Lady in the Water's end credits, although it's very soft and short.

Not really remembering very well, but I know there are a couple stellar tracks at the end of Iron Will. Surely, one of them is an end credits track?
  3. Anyone have a handy list of must-have end credits that are not available on CD?

I keep meaning to go through my DVDs "taping" the worthy end credits that I'm missing. Erik's Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom seems to be a good place to start.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    I truly enjoyed Tombstone. Erik has a great list.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    ^

I agree. That is how you finish a western.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Tombstone is one of my top 10 favorite westerns. Not the caliber of High Noon but very good
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    sdtom wrote
    Tombstone is one of my top 10 favorite westerns. Not the caliber of High Noon but very good

I agree. It really captured the romanticism behind it. The gunfight was pretty truthful. Hell, the movie was as close as you can get to the truth while making it an exciting film. Val Kilmer was perfect. The rest of the cast was strong. Bruce brought the heat with fantastic themes and the American West feel. Great design and costumes.

Doc Holitday could use his own movie. What an amazing life. cool