• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2011
    NP: INCANTATIONS (Mike Oldfield)

Very good! Slightly minimalistic in structure, but with a great forward thrust. Thanks again, Tim! (even though the album cover is black....grrrrrr).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : TUBULAR BELLS III - Mike Oldfield

This is the first time I've heard this in ages, for some reason I thought I didn't like it? confused Well, I was wrong! This is EXCELLENT!!!

The final track Far Above The Clouds is friggin EXCELLENT!!! punk

And now I'm playing...

NP : TUBULAR BELLS II - Mike Oldfield

And now I realise I got these two mixed up, it's this one I never really liked, still, giving it another listen now I find there's a lot to enjoy here, it has an almost identical structure to the original TUBULAR BELLS, like an inverse copy of it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STILL LIFE ( TALKING ) - Pat Metheny Group

One of my very favourite albums ever!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Very good! Slightly minimalistic in structure, but with a great forward thrust. Thanks again, Tim! (even though the album cover is black....grrrrrr).

Eh? Isn't that just the inside cover??
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer sure likes Oldfield
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer sure likes Oldfield

The man is a genius Tom.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE DEFINITIVE Burt Bacharach SONGBOOK

All original artists from Aretha Franklin to Dionne Warwick to Elvis Costello, one of the greatest song writers who ever lived, an incredible body of work full of incredible melodies, yet another genius of our times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : TUBULAR BELLS III - Mike Oldfield

This is the first time I've heard this in ages, for some reason I thought I didn't like it? confused Well, I was wrong! This is EXCELLENT!!!

The final track Far Above The Clouds is friggin EXCELLENT!!! punk

And now I'm playing...

NP : TUBULAR BELLS II - Mike Oldfield

And now I realise I got these two mixed up, it's this one I never really liked, still, giving it another listen now I find there's a lot to enjoy here, it has an almost identical structure to the original TUBULAR BELLS, like an inverse copy of it.

I rather enjoy both of them. Have you heard the live performances (still available on DVD I think)?

NP: Platinum - Mike Oldfield
    There's some re-arranged Philip Glass on here, if I'm not mistaken...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No I haven't but I should.

One last thing about II & III is how incredibly good the recordings are, just incredible dynamics.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Re: PLATINUM

Yeap! It's 'Northstar'. I love that album, it's another favourite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    That's the one. Five Miles Out is also one of my favourites. The albums from that period where he combined a lengthy instrumental or two with songs are often overlooked.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2011 edited
    I like Five Miles Out, Crisis is my favourite of the more vocal albums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Eh? Isn't that just the inside cover??

I was talking about the iTunes cover. But it's fixed now!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011
    Ahhhhh.....comprende biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : RUMORS - Fleetwood Mac

Long time no hear, great stuff!
  1. NP on 1980s.FM: No Electrons by Spoons
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    We need this thread closed now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2011
    NP: ONCE UPON A TIME - SIMPLE MINDS

A brilliant album for getting you pumped up for a night out... even though I've just arrived back home from one!

Feel-good it is indeed.

cool