• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Oh, never mind, it's working now!

That's a damn powerful bit of work.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I like Cozy Powell's more up-beat pop version too ( see bar right )

Mrrrrrrrrrrr....a bit too disco for me, mate.
    Besides, the original has organ and trumpet.
    That alone is a serious "WOW" factor for me!

(I am SURE I have heard of Theme One before...it just sounds TOO familiar...but I'm equally sure I've never (consciously) heard it before. Intriguing...)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009 edited
    WHAT IS THAT?
    WHAT IS THAT KEYBOARD LINE HE PLAYS NEAR THE VERY END AT 2:53?!? FROM WHAT SONG IS THAT?!?!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hmmmmmm????

Did I ever send you my TV themes compilation on CDR?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Hmmmmmm????

I don't think so?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    WHITE ROOM!
    It's WHITE ROOM!
    By Cream!

I have been looking for that song!

Cheers, Timmer! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Hmmmmmm????

I don't think so?

??? I'm surprised!?? I sent it to a few people on this board as a 'bonus' along with what was requested.
    I can't believe I didn't send one to you?!! shame

You'll receive it....( very VERY soon wink )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    ^
    I feel left out. sad

Just kidding dude wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    I leave no man behind wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    Goosens Symphony No. 1 on Chandos. It is also a sort of tribute to Hickox who passed away.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    NP : SYMPHONY # 6 - Ralph Vaughan Williams

Magnificent! And boy, what an opening!!! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    [b]MASQUERADE...[/b]Alexander Glazunov. Just when I thought I had everything from Glazunov they came out with this play.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote
    [b]MASQUERADE...[/b]Alexander Glazunov. Just when I thought I had everything from Glazunov they came out with this play.
    Thomas

Still listening to this one.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    A song, a very much loved and cherished song...

NP: Into My Arms ~ Nick Cave

The epitomy of a love song.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009
    Stavroula wrote
    A song, a very much loved and cherished song...

NP: Into My Arms ~ Nick Cave

The epitomy of a love song.

Never heard it before. Am I getting that old???
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009 edited
    No. Just that he's not been on your radar Tom.

Cave's been around for a long time ( since the 1970's ) and has even delved into film music ( with Warren Ellis ) scoring both The Proposition and The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009
    I learn something new everyday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Mahler: Symphony No. 1 (Live) - Gustav Mahler (New York Philharmonic & Lorin Maazel)

Excellent recording. My fifth one, of this particular work. I find it quite interesting how Maazel slows down for the big horn feature at the end of the last movement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Habana - Roy Hargrove

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    William wrote
    NP: Mahler: Symphony No. 1 (Live) - Gustav Mahler (New York Philharmonic & Lorin Maazel)

Excellent recording. My fifth one, of this particular work. I find it quite interesting how Maazel slows down for the big horn feature at the end of the last movement.

So which is your favorite so far William?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    This new recording of the New York Philharmonic is probably my favorite of the five I've heard. The others I own are of Edward Gardner and the City of Birmingham Symphony, James Judd and the Florida Philharmonic, Leonard Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic, and Valery Gergiev and the London Symphony.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009
    William wrote
    This new recording of the New York Philharmonic is probably my favorite of the five.

Does this one include the Blumine movement?
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Unfortunately, no.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    sdtom wrote
    Does this one include the Blumine movement?

You really like Blumine, don't you, Tom?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    William wrote

You really like Blumine, don't you, Tom?

I sure do William. I really feel it makes an added contribution to the work. What is it about this new work that makes it stand apart from the others.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DANGEROUS - MICHAEL JACKSON

Michael simply rocks...... punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  1. For the first time in my life I'm in the process of buying his albums. I've never considered myself a huge fan and I already had some compilations, but now that he's dead, the urge to get his albums is greater than ever. Well maybe not 'Invincible' because that one is a dud.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    If you are actual beginner, then i recommend you to buy "Thriller". This is even now best single album which sold out 850 million copies upto date. This is highest selling single album. Its still continue to do great business at music stores. I don't think any score album received this much tremendous response in history. He gave new dimension to art of music and dance. So, don't miss it.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sunil wrote
    DANGEROUS - MICHAEL JACKSON

Michael simply rocks...... punk

Rocked.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Personally I think Thriller is overrated, and I think it's commercial success is owed in large part to timing. Like the timing of the Motown 25 performance where Michael contextualized the moonwalk live in front of millions of tv viewers, followed by the advent of the music video where MTV played a vital role. These were multimedia events the world hadn't experienced before. It was an era of growth for showbusiness that Michael Jackson both inspired and capitalized on. Then came the Thriller short film, a project so unheard of at the time that the funding had to be raised independently. But the success was unprecedented: the album had already survived for over a year on the top ten charts when the film premiered. It took the success to a whole new level. And again when Michael was famously injured filming a pepsi commercial - and recieved a public "get well" message from the president - sales boosted once again. Thriller's success was fueled by a highly unlikely chain of events that will never happen again, no matter how good the music sounds. Of course great music is needed to be able to have success in the first place - because Thriller is an outstanding album - but I think the overwhelming success has made it overrated in time.

I think the often overshadowed Off The Wall is his best album. It has fantastic orchestrations, inventive use of form, a Rod Temperton at his songwriting peak, some of the best studio musicians in the business (Greg Phillinganes' keyboard contributions are that of legend!), and of course Tom Bahler's wonderful ballad "she's out of my life", a song that Quincy initially was saving for Sinatra.