• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011 edited
    sorry, wrong thread.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2011
    NP: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (Pink Floyd)

A classic of classics in the popular music canon.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: MEDDLE (Pink Floyd)

"One of these Days" is a fav track of mine (love the bass line), and it's hard not to get lost in the spacey, 25-minute "Echoes".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2011 edited
    NP: WISH YOU WERE HERE (Pink Floyd)

Another classic album, perhaps their most moody. Special connection to this CD, as my dad gave it to me when I finished gymnasium/high school (with good grades) in 1996. We don't have the best relationship, so that was a special moment.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    NP: WISH YOU WERE HERE (Pink Floyd)

Another classic album, perhaps their most moody. Special connection to this CD, as my dad gave it to me when I finished gymnasium/high school (with good grades) in 1996. We don't have the best relationship, so that was a special moment.

Fantastic album. I know the title 'Wish You Were Here' was written for Syd but it will always remind me of Kashmir in India love

These last three plays in sequence of yours is my top three Floyd albums.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2011 edited
    Cool! We all have our personal associations to these things. You have Kashmir, I have my dad. smile

NP: ANIMALS (Pink Floyd)

It's a fan favourite, but a bit uneven. Never too hot on the more acoustic parts. Almost a bit jazzy at times.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I'm listening to clips from Icelandic cellist Hildur Guðnadóttir's album "Without Sinking"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Without-Sinking … mp;sr=1-13

It sounds stunning. Anyone heard it all?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Nothing like a little Glazunov in the morning. I'm listening to a quintet for violin, viola, 2 cello, and bass. Very soothing.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm listening to clips from Icelandic cellist Hildur Guðnadóttir's album "Without Sinking"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Without-Sinking … mp;sr=1-13

It sounds stunning. Anyone heard it all?

Sorry, no I haven't, never heard of the artist before either.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FIRST CIRCLE - Pat Metheny Group

When I first bought this ( 1985 ) and put on the first track 'Forward March' my reaction was WTF! It sounded like an out-of-tune band greeting El Presidente complete with military regalia and sunglasses as he steps off a train in some Central American hell-hole for despots This sets up the rest of the album that kicks off with 'Yolanda, You Learn' followed by the awesome work on the title track, I absolutely adore this album!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SOLID AIR - John Martyn

One of my all time favourite albums, just beautiful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2011
    NP: THE WALL (Pink Floyd)

Despite being overplayed throughout my childhood, this probably still remains my favourite PF album. Predictable, yes, but there you go.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE FINAL CUT (Pink Floyd)

This was supposed to have been the soundtrack for THE WALL, for whatever reason, but ended up as its own thing. It's very much in the same mold, though. Rock opera territory with orchestra etc. I've always liked it. The quintessential Roger Waters sound.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    More Glazunov again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2011
    NP: A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON (Pink Floyd)

I love this album, and feel it's underappreciated. It's pure Gilmour, more in pop territory, but melody-driven and smooth. Almost film-like in segments.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2011 edited
    NP: THE DIVISION BELL (Pink Floyd)

I like the music, but I have first and foremost a nostalgic relationship to this, which came to be the very last Pink Floyd album. It came out in march-94, and in august the same year they played on Valle Hovin in Oslo, which was my first real rock concert with a huge star. I was 17 at the time, and I remember a bunch of us driving in to Oslo from my small hometown in the South, immediately after school finished (heck, I think I even took some subjects off). Great experience! Even though Waters was not part of the lineup then, I later saw him solo in Stavanger in 2006.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: RARITIES. VOL. 1 (Pink Floyd)

A bootleg set containing rare early tracks, both live and singles.

(and if you're already getting tired of seeing all these Pink Floyd posts, don't worry...it will end.....eventually!)
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There's never that many non-score fans at this thread to ever get tired of your posts Thor.

Off the top of my head I don't think Jordi, Marcel, Alan, lp, Erik, Michael and a host of others have ever or barely ever posted here.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : INSTRUCTIONS FOR ANGELS - David Bedford

An early album for banks of keyboards and synths, choirs, real percussion and the odd track featuring his old mate Mike Oldfield on guitars, this is great stuff, very airy come trippy music that would appeal to people who like 70's prog rock hippy shit! I love it!
  2. I don't like Pink Floyd at all so I am even less likely to post at the moment. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Timmer wrote
    NP : INSTRUCTIONS FOR ANGELS - David Bedford

An early album for banks of keyboards and synths, choirs, real percussion and the odd track featuring his old mate Mike Oldfield on guitars, this is great stuff, very airy come trippy music that would appeal to people who like 70's prog rock hippy shit! I love it!

Listening to this at the moment and I am reminded again why I don't post here too often! wink wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Alan, That track is playing right now in full stereo power....Bliss! love
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Awesome track. Really BIIIIG! (but a bit too intense after a couple of minutes).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's actually an "odd one out" on an album that's quite different from that particular track, I only linked that one because I love it so much, intensity and all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/f … 1865-1936/

a nice work
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: RARITIES, VOL. 2: TAKE A TRIP TO THE X-FILES (Pink Floyd)

More rare tracks from various sources, including David Gilmour's entire score for an episode of RUBY WAX in 1992. As well as some muscular, orchestra-only bits from THE WALL (arrangements by Michael Kamen).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: RARITIES, VOL. 3: THE PINK PROGRESSIVE PROJECT (Pink Floyd)

Trance/techno remix album from some time in the 90's. Some of the tracks work reasonably well, some are just silly and cheesy.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011
    Apparently Thor is on a Pink trip
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011
    sdtom wrote
    Apparently Thor is on a Pink trip

I am. Ever so often I get the urge to go through a composer or artist's entire discography in chronological order -- to witness the evolution of their style. Especially if I have a lot of their stuff.
    I am extremely serious.