• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Most of you liked the first one, here it is the trialer for the second part. As the tagline is in spanish, I´ll translate it for you: COMEDY IS OVER
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That doesn't bode well. slant

(What was so funny about the first one? confused )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    (Nothing actually; but if the second makes the first a comedy, I´m in).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The problem with that way of thinking is that generally that means that a slow, creeping feeling of terror will be surrendered to a style of gross-out, close-up horror (i.e. blood and gore).

Thanks, but no thanks.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    The problem with that way of thinking is that generally that means that a slow, creeping feeling of terror will be surrendered to a style of gross-out, close-up horror (i.e. blood and gore).

Most likely, yes. But I´ll tell you on October 2th, 2009!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'll be eagerly awaiting your commentary! smile
  1. I want this movie to be as good as the first
    REC rules, REC 2 Should RULE TOO punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    Martijn wrote

Thanks, but no thanks.

Hey, believe me; I am not a fan of those movies but following Marcel's advice and taking a night in with my babe (who's dying for this kind of films and generally for horror films :sigh:) that film had me hooked! I doubt the 2nd will actually be better than the original though but i am willing to see it out of interest; i am also afraid the inevitable crappy US remake is already being planned.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Who hides behind who while watching horror film D? cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    my babe (who's dying for this kind of films and generally for horror films :sigh:)

Hang on to her, D.
    You've got yourself a winner! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited
    Hmmm...the film looks fun. I haven't heard of it (nor REC 1), but it looks a bit like that other recent, handheld camera zombie flick....QUARANTINE, was it? As long as it isn't shaky camera overload, like in CLOVERFIELD, where I practically got sea-sick!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The American Quarantine IS the remake of the original Spanish [REC], Thor. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

I always try to be the man of the house, you know and i normally don't have any issues with the usual bunch of lil' crappy us thrillers which have nothing scary about them, but i admit [REC] was tough on me too! freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    The American Quarantine IS the remake of the original Spanish [REC], Thor. smile

Yeap; only the original is AGES ahead and the spanish hottie journalist of the first is EONS ahead of her annoying american replacement!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

I always try to be the man of the house, you know and i normally don't have any issues with the usual bunch of lil' crappy us thrillers which have nothing scary about them, but i admit [REC] was tough on me too! freezing

Y' big girl.

Gimme ten....

Hup ...1

Hup ...2

Hup ...3

On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tim, don't you have a spider waiting to be hugged and kissed or something?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    Did I say you could smile? ( yeah, I spotted it slant )

Hup ...4

Hup ...5

Hup .....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Tim, don't you have a spider waiting to be hugged and kissed or something?

Did I say you could ask me a question?

Hup ...6

Hup ...7

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin You'd make for a perfect personal gymnast, instructor and trainer, i am sure.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You make a very bad student.

Hup ...8
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HEY! angry It's like i can't help it, you know? All the girly thoughts and insecurities and shiny glitter are, like, blocking my thoughts, narmean?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    rolleyes

Hup ...8

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You forgot how to count now? tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No I didn't! I wasn't satisfied with you're effort.

Hup ...8
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote

Yeap; only the original is AGES ahead and the spanish hottie journalist of the first is EONS ahead of her annoying american replacement!

Jennifer Carpenter is good enough (especially in Exorcism of Emily Rose), but I can agree that the Spanish version is definitely the superior one of the 2

But what I loved most about REC was that the main characters or even the neighbours felt so real, it was like watching real humans in a real life drama, Quarantine felt more acted to me

so this resulted that REC felt more horrific and scary, just because it was so real, even my father thought at a specific point that it was basically real punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

But what I loved most about REC was that the main characters or even the neighbours felt so real, it was like watching real humans in a real life drama, Quarantine felt more acted to me

so this resulted that REC felt more horrific and scary, just because it was so real, even my father thought at a specific point that it was basically real punk

Exactly the point of the superiority of the spanish version! Quite spot-on my friend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    Martijn wrote

Ah. Thanks for the info.
    I am extremely serious.