• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
    I know it's on purpose. But it's not exactly special either...
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    I know it's on purpose. But it's not exactly special either...

Actually, it's really, really good!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How is it better than 300 then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    How is it better than 300 then?

Do you REALLY have to ask that question?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As a matter of fact i Do, 'cause it sounded like a an unorganized serious of 300-mocking guitar riffs, which was obviously the intention here. But i can hardly see the brilliance in it, like you present it to be. In fact, Tyler's metal material was much tighter, coherent and organized than this here, it was the outrageous unoriginality of the orchestral parts that destroyed the score's reputation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And of course there's the random ethnic stuff in Lennertz' parody score, which are also inferior than the 300 lifts from SAVIOR (by David Robbins).
  1. Still you didn't mind helping Lennertz with the lyrics wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't think it's a bad score, and Lennertz is a great guy. But i can't see what's so special about it either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think it's a bad score, and Lennertz is a great guy. But i can't see what's so special about it either.

It's a really good score. I didn't say it was brilliant but I'll take Lennertz's material over Tyler's plagiarized material any day. And the fact that Lennertz'a was able to come up with some absolutely fantastic dead serious material for such a stupid and idiotic picture like Meet The Spartans and completely obliterate any of the"original" material in Tyler's score is something special indeed. Lennertz took the stereotypes from the genre mashed them all up a delivered an extremely entertaining score that didn't rely on lazy copying and pasting. I put Meet The Spartans it up there with other such scores like Hot Shots.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2009 edited
    The serious scoring vs hilarious / stupid on-screen goings isn't a new technique, it's done all the time. See TEAM AMERICA for just an example. As for Tyler's plagiarizing material, yes i agree. But except for that, there's the metal-oriented stuff he wrote and which is his, and it's the only good element in the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    The serious scoring vs hilarious / stupid on-screen goings isn't a new technique, it's done all the time. See TEAM AMERICA for just an example.

I didn't say it was a new technique. But I really like the way Lennertz applied it to Meet The Spartans.

-Erik-
  2. Anthony wrote
    Lennertz is scoring this. Get me a buckit. Now. vomit

omg, that does it
    anyone can make movies now

I'm going to Hollywood straight away, they seem to love piss movie away, I'm going to ask directly if I can direct movies too
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009
    Just watched "La Horde", a french action / horror film scored by Lennertz. I´d love to know how did he get this project. Anyone?

The music is really good by the way: most of it is electronic driven, perfect for the atmosphere of the first part of the film; there are great tracks though, very good action cues for the (plenty of) action sequences.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    MARMADUKE
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Christopher Lennertz

Marmaduke, the world’s most lovable Great Dane, leaps from comic strip fame (appearing in 600 newspapers in over 20 countries) to big screen stardom. In this family comedy event, the “Duke” is living large in Orange County, California. But fitting in with his new four-legged friends — and a potential romantic interest — isn’t always easy for a super-sized teenage dog.

Marmaduke stars Owen Wilson (Marley And Me) as the voice of Marmaduke, Lee Pace, Judy Greer, and William H. Macy, plus the voices of Kiefer Sutherland, George Lopez, Fergie, Emma Stone, Damon Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Christopher Mintz-Plasse.

Composer Christopher Lennertz makes his Varèse Sarabande debut with this spirited and playful score.

20th Century Fox opens Marmaduke nationwide on June 4.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 033 2
    Release Date: 06/22/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    More on MARMADUKE (PRE-ORDER) (CD)
    Composed by: Christopher Lennertz

A suburban family moves to a new neighborhood with their large yet lovable Great Dane, who has a tendency to wreak havoc in his own oblivious way. 2010

1. Uncool for School (:57)
    2. Same Dog Different Floor (:36)
    3. Meet The Two-Leggers (1:57)
    4. Minty Breath (1:08)
    5. Bathtime (:38)
    6. Barkanova 101 (1:44)
    7. Moving Day (1:23)
    8. Dog Park (1:07)
    9. Beach Talk (1:36)
    10. Meet The Mutts (1:02)
    11. Bee! (1:11)
    12. Dad’s Attempt (:55)
    13. Bosco (1:20)
    14. Bosco’s Right (1:13)
    15. Pedigree Crashers (1:21)
    16. Dog Trainer (:52)
    17. I Smell A Cat (1:15)
    18. Mad Dogged (1:52)
    19. Junkyard Date (1:11)
    20. Jealous Mazy (2:00)
    21. Keep A Secret (:58)
    22. Hang 20 (2:12)
    23. Ex Top Dog (1:18)
    24. Back Yard vs Couch (3:31)
    25. Peace Offering / Running Away (1:29)
    26. Chupadogra (3:12)
    27. The Search (4:11)
    28. Saving Marmaduke (3:38)
    29. It’s Over / Dogfrontation (4:59)
    30. Looking Good (1:24)

CD COVER

http://www.screenarchives.com/largeImage.cfm?TID=14043
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    a "must see" film no doubt
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    a "must see" film no doubt

Yeah, no doubt.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010 edited
    Well if you have kids it's going to be a must see wink

One of the burdens of being a parent wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's not a burden! angry

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010 edited
    Heheh i knew you'd react smile MARMADUKE is a burden for me but i guess i don't count as i don't have children yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Even if the movie blows donkey balls... as long as the kids are having a good time I'm have a good time!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Even if the movie blows donkey balls... as long as the kids are having a good time I'm have a good time!

-Erik-

Word.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

The kids enjoy the movie, you enjoy the score. Everybody is happy wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010
    MARMADUKE

SOUND CLIPS

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … ertz-.html
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010
    i can't wait
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010
    Earlier this spring, composer Christopher Lennertz recorded his score to the new family feature film, Marmaduke. Based on the classic comic strip, the film stars Owen Wilson as the lovable Great Dane. ScoringSessions.com is pleased to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the scoring sessions at Warner Brothers and The Village!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010
    Myself, Marcel and Bregt interviewed Chris today and he's a really swell guy! He's also the latest person to receive a MainTitles kazoo! Red!

We asked if he was working on the next Medal Of Honor but he said Ramin Djawadi would be writing the score.

I'm really looking forward to the concert tonight. I saw Chris conduct Gun earlier in the rehearsal and it sounded amazing!
  3. Djawadi does the new MoH game??
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010 edited
    Yeah, they wanted a more modern sound. :/ When he told us that, we all made a weird sound or had the odd face expression.

He played the Godfather theme on the kazoo. :rock:

Mikael/MovieScore Media will also release his score for La Horde, a French horror movie. It sounded really funky!
    Kazoo