• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010 edited
    edit
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    Mikael/MovieScore Media will also release his score for La Horde, a French horror movie. It sounded really funky!

A very interesting story behind this project. Shows how cool (and generous) Lennertz is. More once the interview is available wink

I'm glad they release the music by the way. Interesting material there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    Yeah, they wanted a more modern sound. :/ When he told us that, we all made a weird sound or had the odd face expression.

That describes all that's wrong with certain directors today and which have all discussed at some point of time.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. It's a modern game, guys. Would you want special operations team movement scored like the original Medal of Honor games? I am worried it's Djawadi, not the CHOICE of the sound.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If it needs to sound modern hire Amon Tobin who is king of electronic and ambient music.
  2. But is he as popular in the industry as Djawadi is?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It's a modern game, guys. Would you want special operations team movement scored like the original Medal of Honor games?

Yes!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010 edited
    Rob Townson played some of Chris' Cats & Dogs 2 score tonight. It was quite mickey mousey but the heavy Barry influences kept my attention. "Ferry Fight" was a very good action cue!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It's a modern game, guys. Would you want special operations team movement scored like the original Medal of Honor games? I am worried it's Djawadi, not the CHOICE of the sound.

If you're implying that Lennertz can only write in that old style? That's absurd; and who said that 'modern' = Djawadisms? That's a truly sick way to see film music, one with many people (esp. people in key positions) seem to be in agreement these days.
  3. I am not saying that Lennertz wouldn't be capable of doing it. What I'm saying is that I don't hate the producers for choosing a modern sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I am not saying that Lennertz wouldn't be capable of doing it. What I'm saying is that I don't hate the producers for choosing a modern sound.

I do!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Again, if by Djawadi you mean 'modern sound', that is what's sick with a portion of film music at the time. I'd take Christopher Gordon's DAYBREAKERS as a modern sound anytime, but of course that wouldn't echoe to retards or musically illiterate teenager game players. For the later I might indeed choose Djawadi.
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I am not saying that Lennertz wouldn't be capable of doing it. What I'm saying is that I don't hate the producers for choosing a modern sound.

I do!

-Erik-

OK, then take a SWAT team in stealth mode, or Navy SEALs or something like that and put Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra over it. Would it fit?

The whole thing about RC/MV style is that it was created for such scenes precisely. The issue is not about using this kind of sound for modern special operations teams. Of course, you can rework it, but I believe that a fully orchestral score close to adventure or even something like Giacchino did for the first Call of Duty (relentless violent score) or Airborne would not fit this kind of operation.

I don't mind that a modern warfare game uses electronic and modern kind of ambience/action scoring. I mind that they are going for the comfort zone which is going to be crap. If electronics belong anywhere, that's their place for sure. Djawadi is going to deliver crap (hell, even Zimmer did). That's the issue.

Of course they could have asked Giacchino again (who already said he wouldn't score another MoH game though, after Airborne) and he could deliver something like less-spy version of Alias, but again, they won't
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There are other composers too, much much better than Djawadisms. That's the point.
  5. Which is precisely where we agree. I just don't agree with the overt traditionalism.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Which is.......?
  6. Wanting a fully fledged classical action score for a very non-classical tactical situation.

I happen to know a bit about modern warfare tactics and I simply don't see a way how something like Giacchino's great music for Medal of Honor series would simply fit that kind of behavior, movement and all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2010 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Which is precisely where we agree. I just don't agree with the overt traditionalism.
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

I do!

-Erik-

OK, then take a SWAT team in stealth mode, or Navy SEALs or something like that and put Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra over it. Would it fit?

No... but if there was a motorcycle chase... sure!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2010
    Anthony wrote
    Rob Townson played some of Chris' Cats & Dogs 2 score tonight. It was quite mickey mousey but the heavy Barry influences kept my attention. "Ferry Fight" was a very good action cue!

The score had some Arnold-style music in it too, which shows that Lennertz is a pro at combining the styles in a playful way. And I don't know if you guys knew about it, but he also scored that awful CGI Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote short that plays before Cats & Dogs 2 (and he captured that wonderful Carl Stalling style too).

Speaking of awful films, Lennertz is also attached to Vampires Suck. Yes, it's that Twilight 'spoof' movie from the guys who did Meet the Spartans and Disaster Movie. Bet he'll do a better Twilight-style score than Carter Burwell did...
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2010
    Matt C wrote
    Bet he'll do a better Twilight-style score than Carter Burwell did...

I have no doubt about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010
    Same link timme has posted in Brian Tyler's thread, but scroll down to find an interview with Chris Lennertz. Great he is having the praise he deserves! Oh, and nice words he has regarding his visit to Úbeda.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010
    Do you have the picture of him with the MT kazoo?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010 edited
    Oh yes

Let's see if Bregt checks out if his Godfather performance on kazoo was recorded!

Edit: I see an iphone still on the table, so it was probably recorded!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2010 edited
    It was

I like Lennertz, he was very cool. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2010
    listening to his new vampire sucks score
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    sdtom wrote

Where did you get it from?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    From a gay white glitter vamp who apparently sucks?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    BasilB wrote
    sdtom wrote

Where did you get it from?

Promo!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    promo not yet released
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Marselus wrote
    Oh yes

Yellow! My kazzoo is of the same color! I have the identical kazzoo Chris Lennertz has! Yay! We're kazzoo-buddies!