• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007
    Scoring session coverage from Chris Lennertz's new score to ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS:
    http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=1098
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007 edited
    Poor Lennertz's. Alvin and the Chipmunks. Sad really. He deserves sooooo much better. Oh well, I'm sure his score will be great.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Dont know about Alvin and the Chipmunks but his Warhawk game score is Awesome!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's a start, right? (I mean in the film industry.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    It's a start, right? (I mean in the film industry.)

He's been scoring films for a while now.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'll rephrase that then: Shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Poor Lennertz's. Alvin and the Chipmunks. Sad really. He deserves sooooo much better. Oh well, I'm sure his score will be great.

-Erik-

The same I say since loooong time ago. Still waiting for a big project for Lennertz, or at least something with some interest, not only.....well not only "Alvin and the Chipmunks" kinda stuff.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christopher's such a cool guy, i've been helping him recently with some stuff for his work on the upcoming "Meet The Spartans" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1073498/) and i can't wait to see what's being done with that one!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Oh yea hes great, I sent him a email about getting the From Russia With Love game score and he sent me a copy, what a guy.
    I love his music!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Christopher's such a cool guy, i've been helping him recently with some stuff for his work on the upcoming "Meet The Spartans" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1073498/) and i can't wait to see what's being done with that one!

Aaaaargh, another comedy, and starring Carmen Electra. crazy
    I want Lennertz in bigger projeeeeects!

Can you tell more about your help on this Demetris?
  1. On his site it says he'll be using the theme Poledouris wrote for "Bunyan and Babe" before he passed, so maybe that'll be a bigger assignement.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2008
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id … pmunks.htm

At last a box office hit in Lennertz´s career. Hope it´s useful for him to work on bigger projects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2008
    Who invented this series of movies?
    WHO!?

I'm gonna lock that person up in a cage, filled with raged chipmunks.
    I HATE chipmunks and especially their voice.

And why do they sing... sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2008
    His promo score for Alvin is very good.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008 edited
    COMPOSER
    CHRISTOPHER LENNERTZ FILM
    “MEET THE SPARTANS”
    #1 AT BOX OFFICE

Composer’s Second Fox Film in 30 days to reach #1

(Los Angeles, CA) Award-winning composer Christopher Lennertz’s newest score of Epic proportions to Fox’s spoof comedy “Meet the Spartans” is #1 at the box office. “Meet the Spartans” mixes “300” with films like “Stomp the Yard” and also features its share of celebrity bashing scenarios. The cast includes Carmen Elektra, Diedrich Bader and Method Man. The score was recorded using a 94-piece symphony and an 80-voice choir. Last month, “Alvin and the Chipmunks,” another Lennertz scored film, hit #1 at the box office and continues to dominate, grossing over $200 million.

“I decided to take the score one step further and mix in sounds from around the world, even beyond the Middle Eastern elements that people would be expecting,” says Lennertz. “The lyrics being sung are based on a poem that I wrote after seeing the final cut of the film, and I had them translated into Greek. So when you hear a haunting wail floating above the lush orchestra chords, keep in mind that the words actually mean ‘Death by Penguin Testicles.’”

His score for “The Simpsons Game” helped the hit videogame receive a nomination for Best Action Game of 2007 at the 1UP Awards. His other music awards and nominations include an Emmy for the CW’s “Supernatural,” three 2007 Film & TV Music Awards for “Supernatural” and “Tortilla Heaven” (collaborating with Ozomatli) the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences Award for “Medal of Honor: Rising Sun,” and The Don B. Ray Educational Achievement Award.

Lennertz’s additional film, TV and videogame credits include: “Soul Plane” in which he collaborated with RZA (Wu-Tang Clan), Fox’s “Brimstone,” and MTV’s “Tough Enough,” which appeared on the Billboard top 100 charts for weeks; his powerful, full orchestral score for the Stephen Spielberg-created videogame “Medal of Honor: Rising Sun” led him to score more “Medal of Honor” games as well as the popular James Bond videogame. Christopher Lennertz’ next project is “Confessions of an Action Star” with Angelina Jolie and is writing the music for the video game ''Tiberium''

Author: Costa Communications
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    This guy needs a big movie to score (not crap like ''Meet The Spartans'', come on). He's clearly proven he can write great music with Rising Sun, Pacific Assault, Gun and From Russia With Love but he rarely gets a chance unless it's for a game. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Wasn't Lennertz a protegé of Poledouris?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I have no idea, if he was then shocked cheesy !
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008 edited
    Hmmm....I may be confusing him with Christopher Tyng (or....which is more likely - BOTH of these were proteges of the late mr. P).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008 edited
    Mr. Futurama is a protege of Mr. P? :o This day keeps getting stranger and stranger! dizzy
  2. I started a thread oc protegesm Anthony; should look it up.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Neither do I, that video is a cheap shot. Here's hoping Obama wins. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I like McCain, and now he's using some of my fav soundtracks as well!
    Republicans for the win!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorKing Rao

I don't know what part of that is funnier: the idea that Lennertz thinks that McCain personally chooses the music for his campaign ads or the idea that McCain would actually give a $h!t that the composer of Meet the Spartans doesn't support him. LOL
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Another 'Nam ad? How original rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I don't think 'Nam had a particularly high PR rating in previous elections...what with it being a huge failure and embarassment and all...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know Chris and he's a very cool guy but this whole thingy is a bit too much, imo. Clearly there aren't any copyright violation issues behind this, it's more about Obama being a celebrity wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    I like McCain, and now he's using some of my fav soundtracks as well!
    Republicans for the win!

Pft.

Obama! Obama!

(I especially don't like McCain's stance on gay marriage. slant )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote

(I especially don't like McCain's stance on gay marriage. slant )

Which is....?

(excuse my ignorance)