• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    Southall wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    That's definitely not Horner's score.

I hope we will hear parts of the score tomorrow...

Why, what's happening tomorrow?

Tomorrow he will listen Aliens, Brainstorm and star trek II in his Ipod. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009 edited
    Nautilus wrote

applause bounce
    Kazoo
  1. Southall wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

"Avatar Day"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    I'm really waiting for this one, even if the first teaser poster and the first pics seems more images from Star war prequels than a Cameron movie.

Yeah, the aliens look like an improved verison of Jar Jar Binks (or however it is spelled). Anyway, the trailer looks awesome.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

biggrin

And on a serious I hope he does use the like of those scores for inspiration.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow, that looks spectacular! shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Dammed people! I can't watch it in my job!!!!

How it looks? is the kind of teaser with 3 faded images and a Logo??? or a semi-trailer? angry

PS: I wonder when the teasers and trailer will become in 3d too moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hmmm....looks like a CGI fest to me. I love Cameron, but prefer his futuristic sci fi, where things are well-used and worn-down. This looks a little too colourful and computer game-ish to me, with blue fairies dancing around and stuff, but I'll obviously wait untill it is here before I pass final judgement.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote

How it looks? is the kind of teaser with 3 faded images and a Logo??? or a semi-trailer? angry

I'll try to describe it for you.

First, there's a mysterious-looking man, walking alone along the street, in what appears to be rural Portugal. He hears a sudden noise - looks around, can't see anything. He checks his mobile phone and has received a text message from a man called Norbert Dentressangle. He reads the message - "Your wife will eat apples." This throws him into a state of extreme confusion and, suffering palpatations, aliens take the opportunity to steal his car keys. When opening the glove box they see three or four CDs - the top one is Abba Gold.

On the soundtrack, the original score (composed for the trailer by David Raksin shortly before his death) blends with Abba's "Angel Eyes" as the camera zooms in suddenly on the lead alien's genitalia, which ejaculate a first edition of Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird (which is in reasonable - but not pristine - condition).

A white flash covers the screen and the words appear "From the director of Piranha 2 and True Lies comes a magical tale of adventure and mysticism" (there is no punctuation to end the sentence).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LOL! Is that a recent dream of yours or something, James?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote

First, there's a mysterious-looking man, walking alone along the street, in what appears to be rural Portugal. He hears a sudden noise - looks around, can't see anything. He checks his mobile phone and has received a text message from a man called Norbert Dentressangle. He reads the message - "Your wife will eat apples." This throws him into a state of extreme confusion and, suffering palpatations, aliens take the opportunity to steal his car keys. When opening the glove box they see three or four CDs - the top one is Abba Gold.

On the soundtrack, the original score (composed for the trailer by David Raksin shortly before his death) blends with Abba's "Angel Eyes" as the camera zooms in suddenly on the lead alien's genitalia, which ejaculate a first edition of Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird (which is in reasonable - but not pristine - condition).

A white flash covers the screen and the words appear "From the director of Piranha 2 and True Lies comes a magical tale of adventure and mysticism" (there is no punctuation to end the sentence).

Wow, the oniric feeling aside, You really have to as bored as I am to writte this post
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin I thought it was brilliant! Cheers James beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    At last I watched the trailer....Mmmmm...

A mix of Star Wars worlds + Aliens ship designs + panzeer Dragoon videogame + Beowulf annoying "character performances".

I expected something darker fom Cameron, and probably my dissapointment is because i don't like the design of the main alien character. it seems too much the tipical Elf from manga movies. and the fact it's a digital image with all this limitations.

What I can't understand is why this project had so many years in devolopment, When we saw this techniques in Final Fantasy or Star Wars prequels.

With so many expectations, I think Robert Zemeckis was pioneer in this kind of "revolution" while Cameron was still looking for the correct camera.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It looks like a computer game. Oh well.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    Cameron has pushed boundaries in the past.

I wouldn't make any judgement yet, particularly on something seen on the internet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Southall wrote

LMAO lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Antineutrino wrote
    Southall wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

"Avatar Day"?

So far it seems like any other day! I even set my alarm early so I was sure not to miss anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009 edited
    Cant wait for this one! Wow!
  2. Southall wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Southall wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

"Avatar Day"?

So far it seems like any other day! I even set my alarm early so I was sure not to miss anything.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/avatarnews.php?id=57438
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009 edited
    Oh boy, I'm excited for this one. Bring on the trailer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I really hope Cameron improves the "performances" of his main character in this last 3 months of production. because the only real CGI character who really was integradet with humans is Gollum (and it's a lot of years ago and with 90 million of budget)

Anyway, I think the ship battles will be fucking amazing. an extension of what we saw in the first 10 minutes of Revenge of the sith.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    because the only real CGI character who really was integradet with humans is Gollum (and it's a lot of years ago and with 90 million of budget)

Huh? Are you trying to say that Gollum is the only convincing CGI character to interact with "real" actors? If so, then that's hogwash!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    because the only real CGI character who really was integradet with humans is Gollum (and it's a lot of years ago and with 90 million of budget)

Huh? Are you trying to say that Gollum is the only convincing CGI character to interact with "real" actors? If so, then that's hogwash!

-Erik-

Yes.
    Hogwash? what is that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

-Erik-

Yes.
    Hogwash? what is that?

I nice way of saying BULLSHIT!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Hogwash=Horsefeathers=BS
    listen to more classical music!
  3. So the general opinion is that the trailer doesn't look as revolutionary as most people were thinking. I watched it and while I gasped at the big spectacle scenes and sheer beauty of the alien worlds, I wasn't completely dumbstruck by The Navi's appearance or animation. It felt odd at times.

But this review of a 15-minute screening (spoiler-free) is proof that the trailer cannot convey in two minutes what the overall experience will bring to the viewer: in two words: MOVIE MAGIC!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. A review doesn't say all, but this looks to be one amazing movie

anyway, Cameron's understanding of how to tell a story as an action spectacle will not disappoint us again, so I'm confident Avatar will be one of the movies of the year
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. sdtom wrote
    Hogwash=Horsefeathers=BS

That simple post is like the Rosetta stone of MainTitles.net.

I've only seen stills from this film, and it doesn't look that interesting so far. It's hard for me to get that excited about advances in performance capture technology. The human actors still have it, and will do so for a very very long time.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    So the general opinion is that the trailer doesn't look as revolutionary as most people were thinking. I watched it and while I gasped at the big spectacle scenes and sheer beauty of the alien worlds, I wasn't completely dumbstruck by The Navi's appearance or animation. It felt odd at times.

But this review of a 15-minute screening (spoiler-free) is proof that the trailer cannot convey in two minutes what the overall experience will bring to the viewer: in two words: MOVIE MAGIC!

Well I guess The trailer can't show how amazing this movie is in 3d. i guess the little details will make the real diference between this movie and the other 3d realeases

( I don't know how I did mess the preview pass in my city! angry )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    Well I guess The trailer can't show how amazing this movie is in 3d

.....and IMAX. Don´t forget it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you