• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010
    The emotions were fine, but it was really the MOOD and visceral experience that was THE thing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Sorry to poop on everyone's enthusiasm (I'm not), but I pretty agree with this review.

I am at work and i have no sound...is it that guy who talks funny again?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...is it that guy who talks funny again?

Hm.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Yep it's that grumpy old fart. He made me laugh on a couple of occasions though...

Ah who cares if it's simplistic. At least it's a well put together movie, containing glorious visuals and having been the smash hit of the last decade. I don't think JC cares one bit.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010 edited
    It's definitely a well made movie, no two ways about it, and it's definitely enjoyable. I just don't connect with it as much as others seem to, that's all I'm saying. To me it's a fairly decent action flick... but that's about it. It doesn't really get 'under my skin', so to speak. All pomp and little circumstance.

Also, the grumpy old fart's reviews are meant to be taken with a hefty pinch of salt. Though the parts about his basement are definitely real.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A visual feast and an experience at the cinema for sure, I enjoyed it a lot.

No more than that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    DreamTheater wrote
    I don't think JC cares one bit.

Au contraire.
    He cares quite a bit.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Steven wrote
    Also, the grumpy old fart's reviews are meant to be taken with a hefty pinch of salt. Though the parts about his basement are definitely real.

So that was a real skull in that popcorn bucket? shocked

I'm pretty sure the grumpy old fart is a 30-something filmbuff and fully licensed wizard in video-editing. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Martijn wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I don't think JC cares one bit.

Au contraire.
    He cares quite a bit.

Jesus man, you got me there. I was of course referring to that other 'King of the World'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Steven wrote

So that was a real skull in that popcorn bucket? shocked

I'm pretty sure the grumpy old fart is a 30-something filmbuff and fully licensed wizard in video-editing. wink

Oh absolutely. But he really does kidnap women and tie them up in his basement, that much is obvious.
  4. Well of course, he is clearly a deranged psychopath that also does hilarious mini-reviews of simplistic blockbusters. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Now you're getting it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    This is your grumpy old man... Mike Stoklasa

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. 30-something ? Guess that's about right. beer

Looks like he's set decorating there for his next review thingie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He's stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I think he is building a set for one of his ORANGES movies... which are really, really good!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    He's a jerk.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    He's stupid.

No he isn't, he's intelligent.

Marselus wrote
    He's a jerk.

No he isn't, he's ironic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And that's a fact, right? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ok, he's an stupid ironic jerk. Everybody is happy.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    And that's a fact, right? wink

Absolutely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Marselus wrote

Well no, because he's not stupid. Although I guess his humour isn't for everyone. (Personally I love it, because it's dark.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010
    Steven wrote
    Marselus wrote

Well no, because he's not stupid. Although I guess his humour isn't for everyone. (Personally I love it, because it's dark.)

It's about as dark as an average episode of Pokemon. Not my kind of humour, but to each their own.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010 edited
    Thor wrote

It's about as dark as an average episode of Pokemon.

Wrong. Unless Pokemon has kidnapping of women, the alluding to gruesome death, and the not-so-subtle hinting of psychopathic torture. (Which is all brilliantly done and wonderfully dark. Definitely my kinda humour.)

But anyway, Avatar. It's not bad. The blue chick is really rather beautiful.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Avatar will be re-released in cinemas on August 27 in an exclusively 3D version with extra footage.

"Audiences repeatedly told me they wanted more of Pandora, and wished they could have stayed there longer. So we're making that possible," Cameron says in a statement. "Avatar: Special Edition will be exclusively in 3D, and will have eight minutes of never before seen footage, including new creatures and action scenes."

vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    You know what... I wish I had of seen this one again in the theatre so I'm glad they are re-releasing it!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    My opinion is a bit odd on this one. When I'm writing about it I can't stand the thing, but when it's on it's perfectly enjoyable popcorn action that I'm quite happy to sit through the two and a half hour plus running time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010 edited
    I´ve seen it a couple of times in theatres and own the BluRay (which truly has the sharpest picture I´ve ever seen on my TV). I believe it´s a great movie with lots of entertainment value, but even I don´t think eight minutes of additional material are a good enough reason to pay once more for a single screening. I think I´ll wait for the Special Edition BluRay, which will have even more scenes, and can be watched repeatedly until my eyes bleed.

On the other hand, Pandora looks too phenomenal on a 20 meter screen to let that opportunity pass... I really don´t know. I guess it will depend on what else will be in theatres at the given time.