• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    Of course it's a great movie; but this is a total hack; yeah, go and fill their pockets with even more money, like being the no.1 box office hit of the world in the first time around wasn't enough.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I like the idea of re-releasing films to theatres. Close Enocunters, Raiders, Jaws, Star Wars, etc have all been re-released in some shape or from. Like I said earlier I'm glad this is happening so I can go an experience Avatar again the way it was meant to be seen.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'd love to see Raiders on the big screen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    I like the idea of re-releasing films to theatres. Close Enocunters, Raiders, Jaws, Star Wars, etc have all been re-released in some shape or from. Like I said earlier I'm glad this is happening so I can go an experience Avatar again the way it was meant to be seen.

-Erik-

NOT 6 months after with just 8 minutes more footage; it's pure hack to me; anyway, since they find people to give them their money so easily who am i to bark here wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

NOT 6 months after with just 8 minutes more footage; it's pure hack to me; anyway, since they find people to give them their money so easily who am i to bark here wink

Spielberg did this with Close Encounters. He wasn't satisfied with the original cut so he was given a substantial budget to re-shoot sequences and create new special effects for a 1979 re-release. While nothing was added to Raiders, it was re-released... twice... in 1982 and 1983. Star Wars went through numerous re-release. Years later Saving Private Ryan was re-released after its initial release.

Anyway, you call them cash grabs... I call it a chance to see great films the way they are supposed to be seen.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    But it IS a cash grab. It's really quite genius really
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    But it IS a cash grab. It's really quite genius really

It's so obvious it could stick your eye out; it sure is a great movie, but come on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010 edited
    Of course it´s milking the audience. But honestly, no one is forced to go. I don´t think the eight minutes are such a big hook either. Half an hour or more, I would have agreed, but I´m sure most people would go again just to see the movie on the big screen again, like Erik said, not for the eight minutes.

(Says the man who went to see Fellowship of the Ring again just to see the new Two Towers teaser they had attached at the end of it...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If I'm going to pay for the overpriced ticket to see a 3D film, I'd rather see something I haven't seen before. Avatar was great the first time I saw it in the cinema because the 3D effects were very impressive as were the visual effects, but having watched it on Blu-Ray -and save for the fact that it looks very pretty and has an excellent score- I'd be perfectly happy never watching it again.

Bring on Inception!
  1. Steven wrote
    Bring on Inception!

Well, that´s something we´d all sign, I guess.
  2. Yeah 8 minutes isn't enough to lure me back to the theatre. Instead I'll just go watch my blu-ray which looks simply gobsmacking on a 50" plasma. smile

And cash grab or not, if you don't want to put down the dough, don't go! Simple as that.

It's just another chance for people that missed it the first time to see it on the big screen.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Bring on Inception!

YES!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    It's just another chance for people that missed it the first time to see it on the big screen.

Now THAT is an excellent point!

-Erik-
  3. I've not seen Avatar yet. Is it worth seeing on the big screen? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pretty much so, i'd say; yes.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, it's by no way the greatest film ever but you just need to see it for the effects. omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've not seen Avatar yet. Is it worth seeing on the big screen? wink

Even coming from someone who's not that much a fan of the film, I'd say yes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think Alan's yanking your chain guys. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Okay.

Good... one... Alan?
  4. I'm not actually. I genuinely haven't seen the film. But every time I see the clips on trailers for the DVD or when the DVD menu is being displayed on big TVs in places like Tesco stores it looks beautiful.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Pretty much so, i'd say; yes.

Be careful though... it's a cash grab! Think about it...

wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010 edited
    Well, no it isn't, after all the generous offering of the whole 8 extra minutes of footage are going to be free of charge for anyone who's seen the movie the first time and helped into making it no.1 box office hit of all time. And the money from those very few people who haven't seen it the first time but will go and see it now, will go to charity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It'll go to the inhabitants of Pandora.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, anything that'll help make the blue chicks even hotter (you know, hair salons, fitness programs and stuff like that).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I would. That blue chick. I totally would.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

You'd better be 'disproportionate' to your height because I feel satisfying the blue chick will be a BIG order for a human wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, no it isn't, after all the generous offering of the whole 8 extra minutes of footage are going to be free of charge for anyone who's seen the movie the first time and helped into making it no.1 box office hit of all time. And the money from those very few people who haven't seen it the first time but will go and see it now, will go to charity.

cry
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm not actually. I genuinely haven't seen the film. But every time I see the clips on trailers for the DVD or when the DVD menu is being displayed on big TVs in places like Tesco stores it looks beautiful.

Clips don't do the total experience justice. Be prepared to be mesmerized by the world Cameron & co have crafted. The whole sound design is top notch as well. And if Pandora itself doesn't wow you the 3D effect will certainly do that !!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

You'd better be 'disproportionate' to your height because I feel satisfying the blue chick will be a BIG order for a human wink

All he needs is a ponytail that moves by itself. wink
  7. I have no interest in seeing Avatar in 3D. The whole 3D technology is too much of an inconvenience, always pulling me out of the enjoyment of the movie the few times I've seen a 3D movie.