• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009 edited
    yeap..

I watched again the trailer and seriously we need more footage from real actors (Weaver, Rodriguez, Ribisi....) because if not it's like a videogame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    Come on, we´ve watched a TWO MINUTE teaser trailer. Let´s be patient for god´s sake.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Come on, we´ve watched a TWO MINUTE teaser trailer. Let´s be patient for god´s sake.

'Film music fans' and 'patience' are two mutually exclusive terms.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I think the problem might be shared by excited young men in general, rather than film music fans to the exclusion of all else. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think the problem might be shared by excited young men in general, rather than film music fans to the exclusion of all else. wink

I don't know....film music fans are the only breed I know of that periodically posts threads on where their CD's are holding up in the postal service ("it has now been ordered", "my order is confirmed", "the label has sent out my package", "the order is flying over the Atlantic" etc.). A truly curious phenomenon.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I see what you're saying, and concede that point. However there are many young male geeks who are going all prematurely judgemental on James Cameron's new film, sight unseen, not just the film score fans. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    True.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think the problem might be shared by excited young men in general, rather than film music fans to the exclusion of all else. wink

I don't know....film music fans are the only breed I know of that periodically posts threads on where their CD's are holding up in the postal service ("it has now been ordered", "my order is confirmed", "the label has sent out my package", "the order is flying over the Atlantic" etc.). A truly curious phenomenon.

I think that applies to any niche or special interest, not just film score fans. That's the nature of a special interest; it's special! (Some more than others.)

Just have a look at techno geek forums. Computer technicians, audiophiles, even old-school geeks who collect, say, old car parts. It's all the same kind of 'obsession', same kind of feeling that this is their special interest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I think that applies to any niche or special interest, not just film score fans. That's the nature of a special interest; it's special! (Some more than others.)

Just have a look at techno geek forums. Computer technicians, audiophiles, even old-school geeks who collect, say, old car parts. It's all the same kind of 'obsession', same kind of feeling that this is their special interest.

I guess. I just find it weird and about as interesting as if I told you all that I bought a carton of milk today. I'm going to drink from it later on, and I'll be sure to report back then.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm not disputing that! I'd find it strange if people were to update me on these sorts of things too. I can understand why it would matter to them, we all want to know where our order is if it's something particularly special... but no one else is really going to care. (Though saying "Mine still hasn't come yet!" or something akin to that is perfectly fine because it's useful information since it tells us that they haven't received said CD and thus aren't privy to the CD's contents. dizzy )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

True. Just stand and listen to conversation in any fantasy comic book / games store. The Simpsons comic book shop man is alive and well in a store near you.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    My God people, it looks so crappy and fake....seriously.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I make no judgement yet.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know; i am talking about the trailer alone; It's a bit ironic how people are wetting their pants over this 'cause of the fuss and the cast / crew, whilst stuff like FINAL FANTASY : THE SPIRITS WITHIN are considered ridiculous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I know; i am talking about the trailer alone; It's a bit ironic how people are wetting their pants over this 'cause of the fuss and the cast / crew, whilst stuff like FINAL FANTASY : THE SPIRITS WITHIN are considered ridiculous.

A 120 seconds trailer for a movie that is meant to be shown in 3D and IMAX, and a work of more than 10 years from Cameron? I´m so wet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mate, the "more than 10 years work from Cameron" doesn't say anything to me, even if you carry the argument for any name out there; I don't care, i try to be as unbiased as possible. I want to see neutrally and judge. Of course i am going to watch the film when it comes out and THEN form my opinion; i am just commenting on the trailer that looks crappy to me, esp. in combination with this argument.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    I´m so wet.

Oh; and that's what she said.

There.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    like FINAL FANTASY : THE SPIRITS WITHIN are considered ridiculous.

Final Fantasy is a visual treat... no doubt about it... but an awfully told story!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, this might be the contrary; dumb visuals (those aliens look ridiculous) and a great story. We'll see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Mate, the "more than 10 years work from Cameron" doesn't say anything to me

Oh I wouldn´t mind if we were talking about George Luca$, but knowing Cameron it is reason more than enough for me to be excited.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Well, this might be the contrary; dumb visuals (those aliens look ridiculous) and a great story. We'll see.

I'm sure the aliens and their ridiculous look (your words) will be enclosed in our hearts, once we see them moving, read the reviews about the early screenings to know how people reacted when they actually saw them moving on a big screen. I too agree they look odd, but don't forget this is an alien race, never meant to look and move like us. That's the main problem, we'll always judge how they're supposed to move, based on our own knowledge of human movement.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not really; not everything that doesn't look and move like us is ridiculous. These aliens are.
  4. Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Mate, the "more than 10 years work from Cameron" doesn't say anything to me

Oh I wouldn´t mind if we were talking about George Luca$, but knowing Cameron it is reason more than enough for me to be excited.

I agree. Cameron has never let me down, every film of his has blown me away, Titanic most of all, though Aliens will always remain my favourite Cameron, and T2 the downright coolest action film ever made. The excitement I feel about Avatar is totally justified.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not really; not everything that doesn't look and move like us is ridiculous. These aliens are.

The obvious question now is why?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Christodoulides wrote

You will be proved wrong !!! Mark my words ! angry
  6. Gotta say, I thought the world had had enough of these UNTERGANG parodies (the one after Michael Jackson's death managed not to be funny despite a wealth of material), but this one on AVATAR is very cleverly written:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAPyipuT … dded#t=229
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Gotta say, I thought the world had had enough of these UNTERGANG parodies (the one after Michael Jackson's death managed not to be funny despite a wealth of material), but this one on AVATAR is very cleverly written:

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    franz_conrad wrote
    Gotta say, I thought the world had had enough of these UNTERGANG parodies (the one after Michael Jackson's death managed not to be funny despite a wealth of material), but this one on AVATAR is very cleverly written:

He, he...good one.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I like that it's a general impression wink
  7. I don't know D. I think it might be having a bit of fun at the expense of both sides, by making Hitler the one who has a hissy fit about it. wink