• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Try it. Avatar was filmed in 3D, not converted in postproduction. The difference is spectacular.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010 edited
    Yeah, that's the main difference with every other 3d film. I won't go bananas over it but truth to be told it's impressive.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Try it. Avatar was filmed in 3D, not converted in postproduction. The difference is spectacular.

Agreed! This is the ultimate movie experience! You HAVE to see it in 3D!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. It's not going to happen!

I'm not impressed by the fact that it doesn't look 3D - I'm sure it does. But, with wearing glasses it's just such a pain in the arse having to wear another set of glasses over the top. And they never sit properly for me to see an image that allows me to just forget I'm wearing an extra pair of glasses.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010
    To be fair there are better reasons to see a film than for its 3D effects, regardless of how impressive they are.

I much more enjoyed my 'cinema experience' of Shutter Island than I did to Avatar!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, shutter island; what a magnificent movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But indeed if one wears glasses like Alan does and has to wear 3d glasses on top of that, i can easily imagine how quickly the whole experience goes to hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    But indeed if one wears glasses like Alan does and has to wear 3d glasses on top of that, i can easily imagine how quickly the whole experience goes to hell.

Well, I also wear glasses when going to the movies, and I have to say it is no big deal. Maybe the first ten minutes you feel strange, but after a while you don't even realise about the double layer of glasses.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd imagine it depends on each individual then smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I wear double set of glasses too, and while it's slightly uncomfortable, it doesn't detract that much from the experience.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2010
    Avatar 2 And 3 Set For 2014 And 2015

Shooting is confirmed for 2011

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29316
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2011
    Will James Horner be interested in doing the sequels? Since they're so far away, I guess Horner will be up to doing them once Cameron asks him.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog