• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    Well, it might be like that. But admittedly, that trailer looks WEIRD to say the least, especially surrounding all the hype about it with all those years in the making and his essential vision blah blah.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. 'Avatar looks like a glossed Land Before Time 3.'

'They said the 3D would be so good it'd be like having your eyeballs fucked!'

'Maybe the videogame is good.'

lol

On a sidenote, I think I've so many parodies of that scene already, that if I'm ever going to see the film again, which is very likely, it'll be hard to keep a straight face when that appears. This is one of the better ones I've seen.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    UTERGANG is bloody brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009 edited
    The new Avatar trailer is out.

Is it just me, or is the music in the trailer a little disapointing? The music from "The Island" seems totally out of place here, and doesn't really seem to fit the footage. And the rest is just your typical trailer action music... I was actually hoping to hear some new Horner music here, but maybe that was asking too much? smile

Other than that, the trailer looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see the movie!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009
    Go to http://www.avatarmovie.com/ to hear Horner's music for the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Now, the movie seems like a mix of Star Wars Prequels with Aliens, but watching this colours and this "jungle" the movie will kick you ass in 3d!!!

About the music from the site, seems a mix of Passion of Christ with Lion King. Are you sure is by Horner?

PS: Lisbeth scott is officially hired for this project. punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's APOCALYPTO Meets BEYOND BORDERS, what are you listening to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I have feeling that James Cameron's AVATAR may fail to do good business at box office. What do you all say on this?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Like your tsunami feelings, i highly doubt it.

AVATAR is one of the biggest films this year and no matter reviews, everyone will rush to see it. Including me. Can't wait, in fact.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I agree with Demetris. This will earn big bucks!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TITANIC was predicted to be a disaster and would sink big time. I doubt AVATAR will take the same kind of box office but I expect it'll do very well.

p.s. shall I get my coat?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Sunil wrote
    I have feeling that James Cameron's AVATAR may fail to do good business at box office. What do you all say on this?

Im with you here.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Said change mind man.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I too am not too sure: at least over here in The Netherlands (and, as far as I can tell, the UK and Belgium) there seems to be no hype whatsoever. Maybe Europe will be targeted in a later date?

As it is now, I think it should do OK here, but not as good as it would do with the current additional hoopla that is prevalent in the States.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I imagine it will do OK (it's one of those films that people will go and see whatever the reviews are like), but I don't suppose anyone really expects Titanic-level success.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    I too am not too sure: at least over here in The Netherlands (and, as far as I can tell, the UK and Belgium) there seems to be no hype whatsoever. Maybe Europe will be targeted in a later date?

As it is now, I think it should do OK here, but not as good as it would do with the current additional hoopla that is prevalent in the States.

Seriously? The film's cast is the hype itself! Here, in theaters, the trailer plays all the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    I imagine it will do OK (it's one of those films that people will go and see whatever the reviews are like), but I don't suppose anyone really expects Titanic-level success.

It depends in how "ok" is for you.

I don't think it will be the box office disaster of Final Fintasy: spirits within. But I don't think it will do so much money as Pirates saga or Transformers.

Cameron will have to fight against 2 things: CGI characters who never involve the audience, and the feeling that this movie is too George Lucas based.

The worth and mouth will be great because this movie will be terrific in 3d, but the first weekend will be dissapointing.

I think I will do something like 250 domestically.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009 edited
    Nautilus wrote

Cameron will have to fight against 2 things: CGI characters who never involve the audience, and the feeling that this movie is too George Lucas based.

That's preposterous. Don't even compare Lucas to Cameron, Cameron is knowledgeable in the technical side of filming AND writes his own screenplays and has always put the characters first in all of his films. If anything he will have done everything in his power to make the aliens look as human as possible (flaws and everything). So we can relate to them, unlike some Star Wars prequels I know.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009
    I agree with you, Gilles. Cameron is better filmmaker than Lucas. Of course, Lucas is expert in visual effects and writing fantasy stories. As you said, it won't make any sense in comparing Lucas with Cameron.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    George Lucas has done pretty well for himself considering he can't write a screenplay and can't really direct. Cameron can do both of those things, but I'm not sure he quite has Lucas's vision.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    I agree with you, Gilles. Cameron is better filmmaker than Lucas. Of course, Lucas is expert in visual effects and writing fantasy stories. As you said, it won't make any sense in comparing Lucas with Cameron.

I would say Cameron is more the expert in visual effects considering his background with Roger Corman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I still think that Avatar will be one of the biggest money-maker this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote
    I still think that Avatar will be one of the biggest money-maker this year.

Word.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I didn't say Lucas is better than Cameron. I just say that the world created for Avatar seems from Lucas.

Personally I prefer Cameron thousand times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009 edited
    I disagree completely. It looks a lot more like Skull Island from King Kong, which is only natural given the fact that WETA was involved in both settings. This has Richard Taylor all over it. If they put only a tenth of workhours into the development of Pandora of what they did for Skull island, this will be amazing already. And I´ll bet they did a lot more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    I saw Avatar's trailer in the theater yesterday when I went to watch The Final Destination 3D.

I'm afraid because, now it's not only the CGI seems too CGI, now I even wasn't impressed with the 3d technology used in this trailer. When The Christmas Charol or even "...meatballs..." was more impressive than Avatar it's not a good sign.

Perhaps Cameron will come too late and with not enough strengh to this party.
  2. Saw the new trailer... WOW! I'm more than ever excited to go see this. Even though it might be a CGI spectacle like so many have been before, Cameron knows how to make movies that stay in your head for long. I just know I will love this for the story alone... and the battles will be huge. Cameron rules !!!! My collection has all his films (except Piranha II biggrin ) and I give nearly all of them the highest possible rating... Enough said!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Saw the new trailer... WOW! I'm more than ever excited to go see this. Even though it might be a CGI spectacle like so many have been before, Cameron knows how to make movies that stay in your head for long. I just know I will love this for the story alone... and the battles will be huge. Cameron rules !!!! My collection has all his films (except Piranha II biggrin ) and I give nearly all of them the highest possible rating... Enough said!

(except for titanic) tongue
  3. You're wrong. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    So wrong tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you