• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009
    Not me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Here is the title song.
  1. Steven wrote
    They obviously wanted it to appeal to an American audience. I like Attenborough's voice, but it does have a tendency to put you in a deep coma.

I liked Michael Gambon for Deep Blue and Patrick Stewart for Earth. No fear of being put in a coma by these men. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    keky wrote
    Here is the title song.

Bland for most of it but it picks up at around 3 minute mark, pretty enough but no great shakes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I despise about all new films and their hideous digital effects. Avatar is no exception; what a kitsch!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    They obviously wanted it to appeal to an American audience. I like Attenborough's voice, but it does have a tendency to put you in a deep coma.

Not with me, it doesn't. He's just one of those people who I think - if he's talking, it's probably worth listening. I can't really think of many others (perhaps Martijn's favourite, Margaret Thatcher, and of course John Huston, even though he's dead). Sigourney Weaver is not one of those people. Though of course if Americans haven't heard of him then it's understandable that he'd be replaced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'd have thought there would be a more obvious choice.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Or even keep the income within British borders, but with someone more compelling?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Or even keep the income within British borders, but with someone more compelling?

cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009 edited
    I considered it, but I don't think he's ever done voice-overs, has he?

(And more compelling than James Earl Jones??? uhm Anything he does is compelling!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. I meant more compelling with Attenborough actually, but only in the spirit of fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    The song is hideous.

I distance myself from this movie.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009 edited
    I'm surprised nobody has yet suggested that the voiceover should be done by one of the world's three great Australians.
  4. Ah, Natalie. Life without you is hard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

Not with me, it doesn't. He's just one of those people who I think - if he's talking, it's probably worth listening. I can't really think of many others (perhaps Martijn's favourite, Margaret Thatcher, and of course John Huston, even though he's dead). Sigourney Weaver is not one of those people. Though of course if Americans haven't heard of him then it's understandable that he'd be replaced.

None of what you said surprises me in the least. biggrin

I do like Attenborough. In fact, I think he's a legend. I meant his voice is very calming.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    David Attenborough IS a legend.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I'm surprised nobody has yet suggested that the voiceover should be done by one of the world's three great Australians.

...as is Rolf Harris, the greatest Australian who ever lived. FACT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    ...but...but... he was already in my list!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Sunil wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Now there is a four minute documentary-style feature on the planet Pandora and the life that inhabits it.

Since it contains probably some of the most beautiful shots from the movie, I guess a spoiler warning is necessary. If, however, you have any doubts that we´re in for a real treat here, you should watch this, and keep in mind that the movie will be in 3D...

Behold the beauty of Pandora.

It looks like cartoonish and animation movie. So, its going to be like Toy Story. slant

I don't agree, it looks good to me. Love this kind of stuff. I once saw a nice documentary of pseudo realistic wildlife on another planet, also computer animated of course, you can see its not real, but it opens up nice possibilities to tell a story or go "out of this world" and come up with all kind of weird life forms / plants and such. Just like they did with Avatar. If it balances nicely with a crafty story, I am all for it.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Talos wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Now there is a four minute documentary-style feature on the planet Pandora and the life that inhabits it.

Since it contains probably some of the most beautiful shots from the movie, I guess a spoiler warning is necessary. If, however, you have any doubts that we´re in for a real treat here, you should watch this, and keep in mind that the movie will be in 3D...

Behold the beauty of Pandora.

It looks like cartoonish and animation movie. So, its going to be like Toy Story. slant

I don't agree, it looks good to me. Love this kind of stuff. I once saw a nice documentary of pseudo realistic wildlife on another planet, also computer animated of course, you can see its not real, but it opens up nice possibilities to tell a story or go "out of this world" and come up with all kind of weird life forms / plants and such. Just like they did with Avatar. If it balances nicely with a crafty story, I am all for it.

Opinions always differs. Let us wait and see how this CGI works on big screen. The reason for saying that it just resembled like quite mixed of Lucas' Star Wars and Spielberg' The Lost World. If you just observe you will certainly notice the similarities. Cameron might have inspired from those movies.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I liked what i saw 'till now.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited
    A year ago, there were only a dozen or so 3D theatres all over Germany, and I never thought I would ever be able to see Avatar in 3D. Now I just heard that they pimped up one of the biggest screens in our favourite theatre to play 3D movies, and suddenly, they are doing it everywhere. Guess why?

Even if Avatar should suck, Cameron should be thanked for staying with the technology and pushing it as much as he did. I doubt we would be where we´re now if not for him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ain't nothing happening in The Netherlands.
    Ofttimes I'm glad to get actual stereo sound. sad
    (Though, to get in the -I guess- ridiculously young and completely deaf punters, they do crank the volume up to eleven. slant )

...and they wonder why nobody goes to cinemas any more here...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    A year ago, there were only a dozen or so 3D theatres all over Germany, and I never thought I would ever be able to see Avatar in 3D. Now I just heard that they pimped up one of the biggest screens in our favourite theatre to play 3D movies, and suddenly, they are doing it everywhere. Guess why?

Even if Avatar should suck, Cameron should be thanked for staying with the technology and pushing it as much as he did. I doubt we would be where we´re now if not for him.

Lucky guy, you are! all the best. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Martijn wrote
    Ain't nothing happening in The Netherlands.
    Ofttimes I'm glad to get actual stereo sound. sad
    (Though, to get in the -I guess- ridiculously young and completely deaf punters, they do crank the volume up to eleven. slant )

...and they wonder why nobody goes to cinemas any more here...

Hey Martijn,

Pathe heeft toch mooie grote bioscopen met een joekels van schermen en super geluid?

Pathe though has nice big cinemas with enormous screens en super sound?
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Understood. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Only if you're happy to travel to Rotterdam or Antwerpen, and only if you're happy to pay an additional 10 Euros parking fees and only if you're happy to sit in a theatre roughly the size the Pontiac Silverdome, filled primarily with coked-up teenagers each brandishing a minimum of six cell phones.

Oh.
    And the sound is cranked up to infinity in those theatres.
    Saw Dark Knight there...took me three days to regain my hearing. ANd balance (subwoofers on nuclear strength do fascinating things to your inner ear...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

It's not happening either. And why are we rushing to thank for a new technology we haven't even seen enough yet? Or are we of the "everything new is better" camp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    The number of 3D screens has been increasing in Hungary since last year. We have many in the capital and 1 or 2 screens/cinema in every major city. Since I live in a small city we don't have a 3D screen yet but I am sure sooner or later we will get one.
    Usually I don't really care of 3D but since Cameron praises his own movie as something that reforms 3D technology I plan to see it the nearby city where there are two 3D screens.
    So this movie better be good, because I have to drive there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote
    The number of 3D screens has been increasing in Hungary since last year. We have many in the capital and 1 or 2 screens/cinema in every major city. Since I live in a small city we don't have a 3D screen yet but I am sure sooner or later we will get one.
    Usually I don't really care of 3D but since Cameron praises his own movie as something that reforms 3D technology I plan to see it the nearby city where there are two 3D screens.
    So this movie better be good, because I have to drive there!

Whenever the movie does what Cameron promises when it comes to 3d, or not, he surely discovered the greatest marketing trick in cinema of the last 5 or so years. Many seem to be blindingly buying it.